Executive Operations Management Business and Production Development A motivated leader with a wide range of experience in executive operations management, business practices development, production management, continuous improvement, staffing and administration, and technical support systems. I am driven to move forward and seek new and positive avenues and opportunities in the achievement of company goals and objectives. Professional Experience
VISCOUNT ACQUISITIONS ULC / IDENTIV - Burnaby, BC / Santa Ana, CA April 2017 - Present Physical and Virtual Access Control Manufacturing, Support and Distribution worldwide VP of OPERATIONS / SENIOR DIRECTOR of OPERATIONS
Facility and Operations Management, Business Acquisition Preparation, Process Evaluation and Improvement, Product Design and Development.
Management, development and continuous improvement of business practices, facility operations, process implementation, and product design. Duties and responsibilities:
• Facility management and overseeing of all day to day operations.
• Preparation and structuring of Viscount Acquisitions ULC (formerly Viscount Communications and Controls) business processes and practices for analysis and acquisition by Identiv Inc. (NASDAQ: INVE)
• Design and development of new product offerings for Enterphone and Physical Access Control divisions.
• Coordination and management of shared resources across multiple business units and divisions.
• Management, analysis and reporting of daily, weekly and quarterly KPI.
• Management of supply chain continuous improvement methods.
• Development of Just-in-time supply and manufacturing processes and implementation of inventory reduction strategies.
• Budgetary forecasting, PNL analysis and reporting, and evaluation of fixed and variable assets and expenses across multiple divisions.
• Design, development and implementation of a live-update, cloud-based reporting, communication and Warehouse Management System.
• Continuous assessment and management of safety programs and the promotion of new safety measures and standards in all areas of the facility.
• Interviewing, hiring, evaluation and termination of employees as required and coordination of training programs and follow-up evaluations.
• Directly responsible for a team of 50 staff across three divisions within the facility.
• Negotiation and continuous interaction with vendors, sub-contractors and third-party service providers. Earl Daum
SUNBLASTER - Langley, BC October 2016 – April 2017 A privately-owned company under the parent company, Hyrdofarm Inc, based in Pentaluma CA. Manufacturing and distributing horticultural lighting worldwide
Contract Position - New Facility - OPERATIONS SUPPORT New Facility Planning and Implementation
Responsible for all aspects of new facility planning, evaluation, execution and operations structuring. Duties and responsibilities:
• Operational planning and implementation.
• Warehouse systems implementation and evaluation.
• Transportation and logistics coordination from facility opening to operational steady state.
• Coordination of production schedules and materials.
• SOP development and implementation.
• Development of reporting and communications systems. GENCO – A FEDEX Company - Richmond, BC October 2013 – June 2015 Third party logistics and distribution for global clients including Acklands/Grainger, Caterpillar, Landrover/Rangerover. Contract Position - OPERATIONS MANAGER, FACILITY TRANSITION Operations Management and Process Evaluation and Improvement Management of, and responsible for all aspects of facility operations including:
• Supply chain planning, evaluation and continuous improvement.
• Management of daily, weekly and quarterly KPI, productivity targets and production reports to exceed company goals.
• Continuous Improvement programs implementation and LEAN processes.
• Overseeing of manpower and daily operational plans and schedules.
• Develop and maintain facility-wide reporting and communications system.
• Prepare, forecast and evaluate fixed and variable expenses for all areas of operations.
• Management of safety programs and promotion of new safety measures and standards in all areas of the facility.
• Implementation of a new Warehouse Management System and overseeing related change management issues.
• Interview, hire, and terminate employees and coordinate training programs and follow-up evaluations.
• Manage implementation of Labor Management Systems.
• Directly responsible for a supervisory team of 7, and a staff of more than 100 employees.
• Negotiation with sub-contractors and logistics providers including maintenance, sanitation, clerical and transport.
• Employee meetings and discussions to improve the general operations of the warehouse. Earl Daum
COLDLOGIC / ATLAS LOGISTICS - Langley BC, Canada August 2009 – June 2013 Third party logistics and distribution under the parent companies Atlas Logistics and Versacold worldwide. Progressive positions with ColdLogic and its parent company, Atlas Logistics, from Floor Supervisor to Facility Manager.
The following positions spanned three separate facility start-ups from initial openings to steady-state operations. My responsibilities included staff, supervisors, the coordination of multiple departments, and overall facility operations. FACILITY MANAGER
Facility Management Customer Relations and Reports Department Coordination Management of, and responsible for all aspects of the facility, including:
• Daily, weekly and by period KPI and production targets, reporting directly to both corporate and customer executive branches.
• Forecast, evaluate, approve and achieve fixed and variable expense targets for all areas of the facility.
• Management and coordination of all facility departments including operations, maintenance, sanitation, clerical and transport.
• Development and implementation of Continuous Improvement and LEAN processes.
• Implementation, evaluation and coordination of safety programs and standards in all areas of the facility.
• Negotiation with sub-contractors and third-party service providers regarding daily operations of the facility.
• Union negotiation and mediation for resolution of contract issues and grievances.
• Warehouse Management System technical development and implementation.
• Select, interview, and recruit new employees and oversee training programs including extended evaluation processes.
• Directly responsible for a supervisory team of 9 and a staff of more than 140 employees.
• Promote open communication and foster a proactive and progressive work environment. LEAD SUPERVISOR (Grocery and Produce/Perishable facilities) Supply Chain Management Operations Coordination
Facility start-up and continuing warehouse operations in both dry grocery and perishable environments. Responsible for coordination, management and evaluation of supervision staff, regular staff, and day-to-day floor operations including:
• Management and coordination of staff, assets, resources and cooperative partners to meet and exceed KPI and production goals.
• Planning and executing labor schedules and staffing requirements including hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining of employees.
• Implementing and monitoring of health and safety procedures and processes in compliance with workplace safety guidelines and coordination of supervision to evaluate results.
• Cooperation with sub-contractors and third-party service providers and vendors to effectively manage and improve the efficiency of facility operations.
• Preparing daily, weekly and by period operational performance and cost analysis reports. FLOOR SUPERVISOR / DOCK SUPERVISOR / ACTING LEAD SUPERVISOR Facility Startup Shipping Supervision Warehouse Operations Floor supervisor to Acting Lead Supervisor.Duties including:
• Evaluate and coordinate staffing requirements based on daily volumes and projections.
• Direct supervision of staff and evaluation of performances based on measured labor standards.
• Supervision and coordination of outbound shipping operations.
• Acting Lead Supervisor responsible for overall management and coordination of the shift.
• Direct reporting to management on KPI performance Earl Daum
Education and Related Certificates and Skills
Google Team Drive and domain development for cooperative operations – Expert level Microsoft Office and all related software and applications - Expert level – Windows and MAC platforms Warehouse Management and Labor Management Systems: SAP, Manhattan, Red Prairie, MRP Crystal reports
Microsoft database systems and network access.
Installation and maintenance of workstations and networks Certified Occupational First Aid Level 2
Certified Trainer in MHE including Pallet Jack, Reach Truck, Stand-up and Counterbalance Forklift Diverse continuing education in Management Skills, Supervision and Customer Service University of Victoria School of Music
Music Education program 1989 – 1994