Sunil Thampi, RPN
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as an RPN in a well-established health care institution which provides opportunity for professional growth and to provide quality nursing care to patients and families. HIGHLIGHTS OF SKILLS:
• Currently registered as Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Member, CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses
• Member of Registered practical nurse association of Ontario.
• Over five years of nursing experience in Emergency room, Cardiology and Cardiac operating room.
• Enrolled in Coronary Care 1, Humber college
• physical health assessment, Humber college
• Medication administration, IV therapy and phlebectomy, Wound care, Clark ridge career institute, Brampton.
• Experience in risk assessment and mental status examination.
• Assists with the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualized care to meet residents holistic care needs.
• Contributes to the development and evaluation of resident’s plan of care. Implements nursing care as outlined in the resident’s specific plan of care
• Experienced in providing high quality patient and family centered holistic nursing care.
• Experience working with acute care medicine patient populations, including respirology, nephrology, cardiology patients requiring telemetry monitoring and geriatric patients
• Experience in providing and delivering patients and families with educational teaching
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates patient and family-centered care values
• Evidence of on-going professional development
• Experience and knowledge with Meditech and/or Sunrise Clinical Manager clinical application systems WORK EXPERIENCE:
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (CASUAL) 19/09/2019- PRESENT VILLA FORUM LONG TERM CARE
Registered Nurse 07/2015–10/2017
Coronary Care Unit
Aster Mims Hospital
• Assessing the patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans.
• Collaborates with the members of the critical care team
• Acted as a patient advocate
• Providing education to patient and families
• Providing pre and post-operative care
• Monitoring and administering medications and intravenous infusions
• Participated in ongoing cardiac programs
• Attended the patients in cardiac Cath ICU
• Aware of the ICU equipment
Registered Nurse 02/2012– 09/2013
Cardiac Operating Room
• Delivering expert nursing care, monitoring and maintaining standards of care
• Provide effective and efficient perioperative nursing care
• Identify and act on changes in patient condition making safe timely decisions appropriate to the situation
• Assess patients prior to surgery
• Responsible in keeping the operating room sterilized
• Prepare operating room with surgical equipment, sterile linens and supplies that will be needed for the surgery
• Position and prepare patients, including cleaning and disinfecting body areas for surgery
• Works directly with the surgeon within the sterile field during minor and major surgeries
• Demonstrates competence and understanding of sterile practices and follows infection control protocols
• Evaluate patients during the post-operative period
• Performed procedures like Foley’s catheterization, IV Cannulation, blood transfusions.
• Participation in in-service education.
• Providing pre and post-operative patient education
• Administered medications and other IV infusions
• Prepare timely and accurate records of patient history and recovery charts
• Implemented patient care in accordance with facility guidelines
• Work with patients’ multi-disciplinary team and families to set realistic and achievable goals
• Answering call bells and accessed appropriate person to meet patient needs REGISTERED NURSE
EMERGENCY ROOM 2/2010- 08/2011
• Provide safe nursing practice in all aspects of the nursing process: Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
• Professional, patient -centered care to ensure patient safety and physiological wellbeing.
• Providing care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment.
• Practicing according to infection control and prevention measures.
• Responding to emergency situations by recognizing changes in patient’s health status and consulting appropriately when necessary using transfer of accountability principles
• Providing health teaching to patients and families including thorough discharge instructions to ensure the continuity of care in the community.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing 2005-2009
Indira Priyadarshini College of Nursing
Personal Support worker course 2017 -2018
Clark ridge career institute
• Registered practical nurse- CNO Registration number AI181948
• Registered Certified Personal Support Worker- Clark ridge career institute, Brampton, ON -2017
• Bachelor of science in nursing – DR NTR University, India 2005-2009. CERTIFICATIONS:
• Certified in Standard First Aid CPR/AED Level ‘hcp’- Canadian red cross.
• Nursing in Ontario- Fanshawe college, London ON
• Enrolled in physical health assessment, Humber college
• Enrolled in coronary care 1, Humber college
• Enrolled in Nursing adults, Saint Francis Xavier university, Nova Scotia
• Enrolled in community health nursing, Saint Xavier university, Nova scotia.
• Medication administration, IV therapy and phlebectomy, Wound care, Clark ridge career institute, Brampton
1) Ida Rivera
60 Gillingham drive
Phone no: 289-***-****
2) Bela ansano
Clarkridge Career Institute
3) Tania Hilario
Phone: 365 998 475