JOHN M. WARD
A management level position that will benefit from my strong communication and problem solving skills combined with my diverse technical background.
I am a PMP candidate with nineteen years of information technology experience with extensive hardware and software install and maintenance. A self starter that is well organized and capable of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, high pressure environment while meeting required deadlines.
Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows10, AS400, Office 97-2013, Office365, Cisco Unified Call Manager, Cisco Supervisor Desktop, Cisco Unified Intelligence Center, SolarWinds, Citrix, ITIL, VMware, Outlook, Market Data applications and proprietary software.
Project Management Certificate at Center for Corporate Education, Stony Brook University, 2019
Control-M Scheduling training at Estee Lauder in Melville, NY, 2008
Unicenter Network & Systems Management training at Computer Associates in Islandia, NY, 2007
MCP certified and Intensive Network Engineering course at Briarcliff College, 2001
Technical Support Specialist training for IBM Corp. in Los Angeles, CA, 1999
2019 – 2019 Nassau Candy Hicksville, NY
Sr. Desktop Engineer
Assisted with VLAN upgrade
Contributed to VoIP switch upgrade
2014 – 2018 NBTY, Inc. Bohemia, NY
Manager - IT Service Desk
Responsible for managing a 24/7 Service Desk of 10+ analysts to provide support for 3,000+ users located in CA, NV, FL, NJ and NY.
Provided white-glove support to on-site and off-site users
Facilitated individual consulting and quarterly performance evaluations to motivate team members by providing leadership and direction to the IT Service Desk team.
Supported the business goals through strong management and leadership skills.
Understood the primary business drivers for each part of the business and how those drivers impacted the business’ IT service requirements.
Ensured that users were provided efficient support, by using the ACD properly.
Created reports from ServiceNow and Cisco to analyze the data to meet the business SLAs and KPIs.
Worked closely with different IT groups in creating documentation to improve process and to improve troubleshooting as this effects the end user positively.
(Continued on next page)
Consistently met the timelines of projects and assigned tasks presented from the business.
Problem solving to define problems in practical terms, analyze critically, deliver solutions and follow through to resolution.
Monitored employee performance and performed required appraisals.
Created/modified OIM/AD/Exchange/AS400/DeMantra/Lync accounts.
Quality Assurance Call Monitoring via Cisco to increase customer service satisfaction.
Facilitated the training of offshore consultants to assist remotely at the IT Service Desk.
2011 – 2014 NBTY, Inc. Bohemia, NY
IT Service Desk Specialist
Investigated DSL and Cisco router issues on POS level.
· Effectively resolved associates issues through remote software such as: VNC and Dameware.
· Supported the associates on the AS400 and Windows based applications.
Created training documentation for analysts.
Delivered training to all members of IT Service Desk.
Perform User Admin functions in ServiceNow.
2009 – 2010 BIMBO BAKERIES/ENTENMANNS Bay Shore, NY
Client Support Specialist
· Edited and monitored Control-M schedule.
· Remote into clients machines and perform necessary functions to resolve issues.
· Perform software and hardware upgrades on end users machines.
2004 – 2008 ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES, INC. Melville, NY
· Monitored and managed the network and server’s status.
· Trained all shift operators on how to deploy the Unicenter Software Delivery Agent, how to handle
Help Desk calls and created documentation on how to resolve them, which is available on Share Point.
· Successfully reimaged new Windows servers and set them up as Unicenter Staging/Sector servers.
· Collaborated with the Server group to ghost and update servers with MS patches.
· Involved in the project management team in consulting with the needs of various departments.
2002 – 2004 ESTEE LAUDER/TEK SYSTEMS, INC. Melville, NY
Computer Technical Support/Desktop Support
· Provided 1st and 2nd level end user phone support while using an ACD.
· Effectively resolved clients issues through remote software such as: VNC, Altiris, Novell Zenbrowser, and
shadowing through Citrix.
· Assisted the Desktop Support group for several months.
· Installed necessary applications on clients’ home desktops and laptops in order for them to work remotely.
· Submitted requests for new hardware and software.
· Performed system administrative functions.
· Supported a client community of approximately 9,000+ Estee Lauder employees.