RUJUTA SANJEEV DESHPANDE
Ph: 312-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rujuta-deshpande-6ba14830 SUMMARY Lean Six Sigma and Carnegie Way certified Chemical Engineer with experience in Process Control Systems, Predictive Model Development, Statistical and Predictive Data Analysis, Process Improvement, Quality Control, Research and Development in Automotive industry. Proven expertise in Statistical Analysis, Design and Development of Predictive Models and Continuous Process Improvement with solid foundation in Separation Technology, Process Simulation. Troubleshooting and Communication Skills. EDUCATION University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL (M.S. Chemical Engineering) Aug 2016 - May 2018
Coursework: Advanced thermodynamics, Transport phenomena, Mathematical methods in chemical engineering, Separation Technologies, Advanced Chemical Engineering Reactions, Biochemical Engineering, Process Simulation, Renewable Technologies, 2D Nanomaterials and Optoelectronics University of Pune, Pune, India (B.E. Chemical Engineering) Jun 2010 - Jun 2014
Coursework: Petrochemical Engineering, Process Calculations, Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Principles of Design, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Process Control Engineer, United States Steel Corp. Sep 2018 - Nov 2019
• Designed and developed statistical model in R using multi-linear regression to predict coating weight by parameter optimization, helped in controlling coating weight on the continuous galvanizing line.
• Built user interface to display percent replunge of Magnesium and created email alerts using Thingworx IoT platform, reducing monitoring time for operations team by 60%.
• Undertook a cost saving initiative with my team and reduced the solidifying material wastage by 80% by developing a first principle model which predicted the time remaining for molten metal in Torpedo ladle.
• Performed chemical calculations to determine mass balance, thermodynamics and diffusion rate for reducing the Aluminum loss in bath chemistry and, also during the coating at the Galvanizing line optimizing the process.
• Implemented exploratory data analysis and presented descriptive analysis for silicon prediction model using R, assisted in Si prediction model improvement and to understand product quality and blast furnace thermal condition.
• Gathered data from SQL, PI systems for subsequent data pre-processing, data visualization and data analysis using SQL, MS-SQL, Minitab, Excel; helped analyzing the data to build statistical models using R.
• Automated critical steel making operations while working cross functionally with stake holders, facilitating that the process control models are user friendly and error proof.
• Monitored processes closely with operational teams to understand the requirements and identify improvement opportunities; resulting into projects and minor enhancement specifications.
• Prepared the necessary documentation for the maintenance of installed systems and programmable controllers while incorporating the latest updates to streamline the process. Research Assistant, University of Illinois at Chicago Jul 2018 – Sep 2018
Transmission Electron Microscopy Analysis of Semiconducting Nanowires
• Gaining practical and academic knowledge of working and design of Transmission Electron Microscopy
• Preparation of ZnO Nanowire samples for TEM
• Characterization and analysis of ZnO Nanowire samples using TEM Process Engineer, New Star Chemicals
Oct 2014 - Sep 2015
• Supervised Chemical Reactions and Unit Operations such as Distillation, Condensation, Purification for manufacturing Pharmaceutical Intermediates following cGMP regulations.
• Maintained Sanitary Pharmaceutical Reactor, Glass Lined Reactor, SS Centrifuge, and Packaging Equipment like Leak Detector, Filling Machine, assured quality compliance of products according to ISO Standards.
Process Engineer Intern, Nina Foods
Jun 2013 - Sep 2013
• Gained academic and practical knowledge on manufacturing of canned and processed food involving processes like mincing, liquefaction, emulsification, cooking, pickling, and packaging.
• Completed a course on Industrial Safety training. Chemical Engineer Intern, Gokul Dairy
Jun 2012 - Sep 2012
• Gained academic and practical knowledge on processing of milk products involving chemical processes such as separation, evaporation, filtration, homogenization, pasteurization, chilling, and packaging.
• Obtained practical training on working of water effluent treatment plant. ACADEMIC PROJECTS 2D Nanomaterial Project- Graphene
May 2017 – May 2018
• Synthesis of Graphene by CVD method using Methane, Hydrogen gases and Copper as a catalyst. Subsequently, conducted the transfer of Graphene on Boron Nitride membrane by employing the Carrier Film method
• Ensuring the quality of the membrane by spectroscopies like RAMAN, SEM, AFM
• Examine the change in Diffusivity and Ion Selectivity of Boron Nitride membrane using electrolyte solutions by performing Diffusivity Test to find Flux and Permeability Study of anomalous effects of water flow through charged nanochannel membranes May2017 - Aug2017
• Project included studying the behavior like Diffusivity, Direction of Flow of different Electrolyte Solutions when passed through Nanochannel Membranes with different Surface Charges Manufacturing of Polylactic Acid
Jun 2013 - Jun 2014
• Conducted a study on possible production method to synthesize PolyLactic Acid due to its biodegradable properties, using Fermentation, Polymerization processes and Wheat Straw as raw material
• The study was completed using Energy Balance, Reactor Design, Cost Estimation, and Safety Aspects Publications
• Presented a paper on ‘Innovations in food packaging’ at the National Conference on ‘Recent Trends in Food Technology and Management’.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS Six Sigma, Carnegie Way 101 and 201, Lean Manufacturing, Machine Learning, Predictive Data Analysis, Data mining, Statistical analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Data Analysis, PLC, FMEA, ERP, Chemical Vapor Deposition, cGMP, GLP, CNC
SOFTWARES: R, SQL, MS-SQL, JAVA, PI Processbook, MS Excel, Thingworx, Solid Works, AspenPlus, AutoCAD Design, MATLAB, MathCAD, MS office, Process Flow Diagram, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram, SEM, RAMAN, Minitab