Wilmington, CA. ***44
I am an experienced individual in the Environmental Hazardous Material field, with comprehensive knowledge and precautionary measures regarding Hazardous Material handling, and am capable of managing a team during critical incidents. In the short time I have been working in this field, I have been exposed to a great many types of incidents, industrial events, and emergency responses, which have grown me to the experienced and seasoned individual that is seeking the utmost, and not the quickest way to a management position. The main concern in my future career is the safety aspect of the company, and employees I am attempting to embrace, coupled with the future of the existence of safe measures within the company structure. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
2017 – current Patriot Environmental Service
Safety Specialist / OSRO RESPONDER
• Developed and distributed safety procedures and guidelines for equipment operation. Analyzed potentially dangerous workplace practices and conditions and made recommendations accordingly. Investigated and made recommendations regarding all facility incident reports. Provided support on health and safety services in coordination with program and personnel teams. Ensured compliance of all health and safety programs with OSHA rules and requirements. Assisted in preparing health and safety procedure presentations for employee meetings.
• I am also a 24/7 Response Supervisor during times of absence in personnel management, my role in supervisor requires the safety of material handling and employees. Would cover ICS format for all emergency calls, Customer care and satisfaction to response time, professional and skilled during operations. I’m part of our Technical Rescue team at time of need to secure life entering confined space
• I recently took the role of OSRO Responder, by managing the five core areas of protection, prevention, mitigation response, and recovery planned events or response. I participate in yearly tabletop drills and unannounced drill spills. With this role I manage and supervise branches and assigned units based on complexity and magnitude on incident or planned event. 2015 – 2017 ACTI Environmental Service
Long Beach, Ca
Hazardous Material Response Supervisor / Safety Manager
• I am currently employed as a Response Manager, with the responsibilities of an Operations Manager, Safety Officer,
• During my tenure with ACTI Environmental Services, I have headed up the Confined Space Rescue Department, and have successfully attained contracts, maintained customer satisfaction, and driven the “Rescue Team” to a strong and cohesive condition.
• I have been involved in numerous table-top “Spill-Drills,” and dealt with company contingency plans (Customer facilities, as well ACTI) as a representative of ACTI Environmental due to my knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS).
• Conducted CAL DF&W-OSPR “Unannounced” Spill Drills. 2012 - 2015 Double Barrel Environmental Services
Long Beach, Ca
Hazardous Material Response Supervisor / Confined Space Rescue Services Provider
• I am currently employed as a Hazardous Material Response Supervisor, with the responsibilities of maintaining the readiness of all emergency response apparatus and equipment..
• During my tenure with Double Barrel Environmental Services, I have been educated in the roll of Confined Space Rescue Technician, aside from the everyday position of Project Supervisor.
• I was originally introduced to the industry as a “Tank Cleaner,” and industrial technician, but I have moved forward, looking for the next opportunity to make myself an asset to the company.
• I have been involved in CAL DF&W-OSPR “Unannounced” Spill Drills, and have played a pivotal part in protecting Environmentally-Sensitive areas, containment of released product, care of wildlife, and free-lanes of commerce during an environmental event.
2011 - 2012 PTM Tarps Compton, Ca.
Customer Service Representative/Warehouse & Forklift Operator
• Customer Service Representative, dealing with sales
• Warehouse distribution, and maintenance
• Forklift, Aerial-Lift, Scissor-Lift Operator
• Kept an efficient, and consistent level of import/export consistency
• Maintained a safe level of equipment, personnel, and contractor safety throughout my tenure
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION:
• Banning High School
• Cal State Dominguez
• OSHA 510,511 Safety Certifications
• Forklift, Aerial-Lift, Scissor-Lift Operator’s Certification
• CSFTES Confined Space Entry & Awareness Certification
• CSFTES Confined Space Operations/Rescue Certification
• CSFTES Lockout/Blockout/Tagout Certification
• 40-Hr. General site worker HAZWOPER
• Michigan State University Haz-Mat Operations Certification
• ICS 100, 200, 700, public safety officer through FEMA
• American Heart Association CPR / AED Certification
• Lock-Out /Block-Out / Tag-Out Certification
• DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation and Handling Certification
• Power Tool Training (Hydraulic, Electric, Pneumatic)
• Ladder Safety Fall Protection Certification
• Personal Protective Equipment Training
• Fire Watch Training
MANY MORE INDUSTRY-RELATED CERTIFICATIONS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
I am able to delegate the work of others; have the ability to be flexible without losing sight of the objective at hand; am able to meet critical deadlines, understand principals of risk assessments and risk management; read, write and understand reports; respond to public concerns with tact and sensitivity; exercise good judgment in hazardous conditions; work safely with others; respond quickly to oral commands or signals in emergency situations.
Available upon request; Letters of recommendation, contact phone numbers.