Residence in Charlotte, NC
For the last 15 years, my focus has been on business development, product marketing/ branding and selling technology solutions for corporations in a wide range of industry verticals with great success. I currently work for a Manufacturing and IoT company focused on SaaS/Cloud based telemetry. Additionally, my experience includes managing complex sales cycles and presenting to a broad range of companies that include large Fortune 1000, mid- level, and small companies. I have proven success in orchestrating the entire business/sales process from lead generation and contract negotiations to closed engagements and on-going account management/ account growth. I have been responsible for submitting quarterly and annual forecasts to CEO/CFO and attend regular board meetings/events. Personally, my sales quotas have been up to $2.5 million (annually). I attribute success by understanding clients’ businesses, their true needs and corresponding in a timely fashion. I have had success in building relationships with prospective buyers and current customers by actively listening and addressing their business areas of pain. I also recognize the value of analyzing competition and studying market trends and implementing sales plans accordingly. Attributes:
• Excellent presentation and listening skills, advocate of many presentation tools and proven sales methodologies, (similar to Solution Selling, Challenger Selling and understanding sales psychology.)
• Senior level selling/management experience in a broad range of industry verticals including manufacturing, distribution, retail, IT, petroleum/energy and government sectors.
• Deep knowledge of ERP Systems, IoT Solutions (Cloud and SaaS based models) Mobile Applications, Software Application Development and Databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and CRM.
• Experience utilizing sales best practices, sales templates and technical proposals including legal corporate agreements and RFP responses.
• Management of sales revenue forecasting, commission structuring, market analysis and strategic product pricing models.
• A network of client relationships across the United States and ability to build new business in a quick time period.
• Positive and optimistic attitude, 100% of the time. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
July 2018 – Current: ATEK Companies, ATEK Access
Technologies Division: Director of sales, IIoT, HQ located in Eden Prairie, MN – Remote office in Charlotte, NC
• Responsible for business development efforts and growth for our IIoT products.
• Work with CEO and CFO on SaaS based branding/pricing models and relating marketing strategies.
• Identify prospects areas of business to automate and/or provide better efficiencies reflecting our solutions (packaged around ultrasonic sensors and data analytics) for large revenue opportunities.
• Develop marketing and lead generation strategies with CEO. Submit quotations, proposals and agreements to prospective clients and track all activity via SalesForce CRM.
• Attend Weekly remote sales meetings and quarterly HQ visits.
• Travel through the U.S. 50 % of the time – Majority of time is spent on scheduled meetings/presentations with prospects and existing accounts. June 2017 - June 2018 True Lite Trace, Inc dba FleetUp: Regional Sales Manager South East, Milpitas, CA – Remote office in Charlotte, NC
• Developed business plan for South East region prior to being hired and was responsible for growing sales revenue for E-Log mobile applications, (Integrated Telematics and Fleet Management Solutions) in the transportation and distribution industries.
• Developed e-blast and social media campaigns with CEO. Submitted formal proposals and agreements to prospective clients, tracked in activity/proposals and mail campaigns in SalesForce CRM.
• Travelled through the U.S. 75% of the time.
January 2010 – May 2017 Smartlogix, Inc./ SkyBitz
Petroleum Logistics, Inc., National Account Director Headquarters: Fort Mill, SC
• Focused on leveraging existing clients for new business and building additional customer base for petroleum logistics solutions across the U.S. and Canada.
• Supervised project launches for logistic solutions that included handheld devices and tablets for on-board truck systems to track driver behavior and petroleum inventory diagnostics.
• Personal quota went from $1.0 MM in 2010 to $2.5 MM in 2017. I was also responsible for wireless tank monitoring sales; sold 2800 units in 2017.
• Secured clients included: Chevron, Texaco and Valvoline branded petroleum distributors; Noco Energy, Van De Pol Enterprises, SC Fuels, Missouri Valley Petroleum and Flyers Energy. Accomplishments:
• Member of petroleum organizations that included Exxon-Mobil, Chevron and Valvoline Distributors
• Trade Show project lead for approximately 20 petroleum conventions 2014 through 2017
• Exceeded Sales Quotas for 2009, 2010,
2015 and 2016
April 2006 – January 2010
The Comdyn Group:
Regional Sales Director,
• Closed revenue accounts (custom software applications and IT resource placement) across multiple industry segments including Manufacturing, Government, Healthcare, Financial and Legal. Accounts included Siemens, Celgard/Polypore, National Gypsum and City of Charlotte
• Secured VAR’s largest software sale: $830,000 (Garretson Law Firm)
• Microsoft Certified Account Manager – Business application and software lifecycle
(methodology) training completion.
Solution Selling Course Certification 2015
SalesForce CRM Course Certifications 2015 and 2012 Microsoft Certified Account Executive 2013
Great Plains/ Navision ERP Account Management Certifications 2000 Education: 1986-1991 - Ferris State University / Western Michigan University Major: Marketing, Minor: Management / Business Administration
*References available upon request