Abdelrahman Hussien Sayed Mohammad
ELMokattam, Cairo 010******** firstname.lastname@example.org LinkedIn Profile GitHub Military Service
AIR FORCE SOLDIER OCTOBER 2018 – DEC 2019
· Status: Completed 1/12/2019
BACHELOR OF ELECTRIONCS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING MAY 2018 HELWAN UNIVERSITY
· Accumulative Grade: Good
Graduation Project September 2017 – July 2018
Under the supervision of Mentor Graphics, we built an automotive controller - (ECU) Electronic Control Unit -based on open-source RISC-V Microprocessor and my role was to:
· Select the best open-source RISC-V based architecture microprocessor (PULPino) after doing a survey.
· Connecting multiple instances of the microcontroller through SPI and UART together using Verilog
· Use and edit some shell and TCL Scripting files while dealing with the microcontroller project files.
· Studying LIN Protocol standards to be able to integrate and test the LIN-IP with our RISC-V based microprocessor (PULPino).
· Study and Implement the APB (Advanced Peripheral Bus) - AMBA Bus Family Member -standards in Verilog (RTL level) to integrate the LIN-IP and CAN-IP designed by my design teammates with our RISC-V microcontroller (PULPino).
· Write LIN software driver (using Embedded C) for the implemented LIN-IP by the design teammates.
· Testing the LIN software driver over the RTL (HW) design/files of the LIN-IP and making sure its features working as expected.
Skills & Abilities
· Writing Embedded C drivers for peripherals ADC, SPI, UART, Timer, PWM and LIN from register level.
· Self-study and taking an offline Embedded C course. C/C++
· College courses (C/C++, Data structures and algorithms using C++) and projects.
· Self-study following some online tutorials.
· Design an APB bus interconnect using Verilog.
· Work at RTL level of an open source microcontroller written in system Verilog, edit existing designs and add new ones (LIN/CAN).
· Design a VHDL code for a vending machine, Traffic light system controller and other FPGA and college projects.
· Self-study of some Digital design and VLSI courses from ITI Bombay and Berkeley Universities. 2
Dealing with various microcontrollers and configure their peripherals from Register level:
· PULPino (RISC-V 32-bit architecture-based microcontroller –open source architecture).
· Tiva C TM4C123GH6PM (ARM Cortex M4 32-bit architecture-based microcontroller).
· ATmega16 (8-bit AVR architecture).
· Experience Dealing with ADC, SPI, UART, Timer, PWM and LIN peripherals. FPGA
· Hands on experience with FPGA flow through some college projects and an FPGA course. LINUX
· Hands on Experience with Linux command line from graduation project and some internship project.
· Study an online intro to Linux course.
OPEN SOURCE PROJECTS
· Hands on experience dealing with a huge open source projects like PULPino (open source microcontroller).
· Deal with and fix all the possible problems that can be fixed.
· Make the best benefit from the project community. VERSION CONTROL
· Hands on experience using version control Websites like Git and GitHub for most of my projects.
· Using codebase for my graduation project work.
DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A MICROPROCESSOR BASED ECU – GRADUATION PROJECT Sep 2017 – Jul 2018
· Under the supervision of Mentor Graphics, we built an automotive controller - (ECU) Electronic Control Unit –based on open source RISC-V Microprocessor
· The ECU has a fully custom designed CAN and LIN IPs written in Verilog. FRISBEE LAUNCHING ROBOT - ABU ROBOCON 2017 THEME
Oct 2016 – Jul 2017
· A semi-automated robot Controlled with two Tiva C communicating with each other using SPI protocol, and the two of them communicating with an Arduino Mega, which is connected to a PlayStation 3 controller through SPI too.
· This robot also includes Speed and position control for ten DC motors using PWM and incremental encoders, System identification through Matlab, Line tracking using ADC in Tiva C, controlling four solenoid valves.
TWO ROBOTS FOR ABU ROBOCON 2016 THEME
Apr 2016 – Jul 2016
· First robot: Semi - automated (hybrid) robot controlled using PlayStation 3 controller through Arduino Mega controlling five DC motors, two servo motors, and an EDF (Electric Ducted Fan).
· Second Robot: Fully automated (ECO) robot using two Arduino Mega boards controlling a line follower and color sensor. (Colored background line follower) 3
TWO BADMINTON PLAYER (ROBOTS) - ABU ROBOCON THEME 2015 Oct 2014 – Aug 2015
· Two Robots to play badminton double game for ABU ROBOCON 2015 Theme
· Achieving 1st place at national contest, and the 10th place at international contest at Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
· The two robots were controlled by Play station 3 controller though Arduino Mega and Uno boards controlling 8 DC motors and 4 solenoid valves
CONTROL TEAM MEMBER PIRATES - HU ROBOCON TEAM
· Jan 2014 – Aug 2017
COMPUTER VISION INTERN AGRISOURCE DATA
· Aug 2017 – Sep 2017
· Aug 2017
· Aug 2017
EMBEDDED SYSTEM INTERN CONSULTIX
· May 2016 – Aug 2016
SUMMER INTERN TELECOM EGYPT
· Aug 2016
Honors & Awards
10TH PLACE ABU ROBOCON 2015 INTERNATIONAL CONTEST
· Egypt representative at ABU ROBOCON 2015 International contest at Yogyakarta, Indonesia. WINNER OF ABU ROBOCON 2015 - BADMINTON - NATIONAL CONTEST Jun 2015
· Winner of ABU ROBOCON 2015 - Badminton - National contest and Egypt representative at ABU ROBOCON 2015 International contest at Yogyakarta, Indonesia.