Name: Betzy Salim, Tel +971-**-*******
Present Position: Cad / BIM Senior Draughts Person Nationality: Indian
Profession: Civil Engineer
Specialisation: Experienced senior draftsperson in oil related structural and civil works. Draughting and assisting engineers in designing of gravity and pressure networks of utilities in infrastructure. Qualifications: • Civil Engineering from Govt. polytechnic Kalamassery, Kochi, India
• Certificate from Public works Department (Roads) as a Trainee Engineer
• Diploma in Draughting Technology from Academic Computer Center, Kochi
• Microstation from Galaxy Computer Education & Institute, Abu Dhabi
• AutoCad Civil 3D Certificate from Autodesk Authorised Training Centre
• Navis works Manage
• AutoCAD Map and GIS.
• CAD RC
• Watercad (Design software for pressure networks)
• Utility 4 Cad (third party software for design and draughting )
• Certificate of training for the Utility corridors Design Manual from UPC. Profile
An organised and well-motivated individual with a commitment to offer outstanding services even in pressured target driven environment. An active civil designer with strong knowledge in civil and infrastructure works to ensure high quality services in a timely manner.
I have worked with several international consultants, including WS Atkins, Hyder Consulting, Stone & Webster, and Sir Alexander Gibb & Partners. Experienced in development of structural drawings from design details (steel and RC). Experienced in concrete foundations, structural steel, connection joints of various structures, grading elevations and other civil /structural works. Also experienced in equipment layouts, site plans, general arrangement, sections, details, piping systems and supports, P&ID’s, PFD’s, Piping ISOS and other piping works. Using civil 3D, I am draughting and assisting engineers in designing of gravity and pressure networks. In Watercad, I am familiar to build water networks, to allocate demand to junctions, to use symbology to style the pipes and junctions and to create new scenarios and alternatives. Also well experienced in corridor development based on the standard of Government authorities. I can efficiently manage all types of civil and utility drawings. I have completed several projects in Civil 3D and able to manage utility drawings (wet and dry) and have worked as CAD coordinator for several projects. Select Experience
(2008 to date): WS-Atkins, Abu Dhabi – CAD / BIM Engineer / CAD Coordinator
• Project: Al Bustan North Street, Doha, Qatar
• Project Role: Engineering Technician, Utilities
The project of Al Bustan North street includes construction of 4 interchanges and one interchange with multi-level flyovers (4 levels), 8 underpasses and 7 flyovers along 5.4 kilo meters of Betzy Salim 1
expressway with 4 lanes in each direction, side roads, retaining walls, pedestrian / cycle paths, all types of utilities and micro tunnelling.
Responsible for multi-disciplinary coordination of corridors with Global Design Centre in India and Doha. Preparation of Utility Corridors, Clash check with existing utilities, bridge pier foundations and retaining walls along with preparation of rainbow drawings and utility cross sections.
• Using Civil 3D, prepares gravity and pressure networks. Develops presentable 3D utility drawings (plan and profiles) and produce all utility crossing pipes in profiles of Sewerage, Storm Water, Potable Water & Irrigation Network.
• Key areas of the work involved are storm water drainage, sewerage, potable water, irrigation, power (MV & LV), telecom, and street lighting.
• Preparing the utility corridor plan & sections considering the requirements from the authorities.
• Eliminating the pipes and structure clashes (if any) by setting up combined utilities drawings with Navis works.
• Converting drawings to GIS format for authority submissions
• Able to prepare highway sections and utility sections in UCDM tool Projects which I have worked include:
• Dubai creek harbour
• North Wathba
• Madinat Zayed Zones B, C and 35
• KPIZ (Khalifa Port Industrial Zone) – Sewerage and Storm water
• Al Ain International Airport MRO Facility – coordination and cad work.
• Arzanah and Zayed Sports City – coordination and cad work
• Union Rail stages 2 and 3 - sewerage
• Sultan Qaboos Boulevard Oman – storm water
• Riyad Sattelite City – Sewerage
• Ad Marina city Plots ABC – Sewerage
• KAAR Development – Storm water
• Transco (cad work),
• Etihad tower (cad work)
2000 – 2007: Hyder Consulting Middle East Ltd., Abu Dhabi – Structural / Civil Designer (CADD) Infrastructure
• Provided assistance in designing of sewerage/storm water network and finalisation of project drawings.
• Responsible for the preparation of sewerage and storm water layout projects, sewerage treatment plants and pumping station drawings.
• Preparation of concept design package, tender package, and contract drawings of storm water and sewage in the Utilities Design Team.
• Preparation of profile, input data including backdrop and catchment areas independently.
• Preparation of detailed drawing from hydraulic calculation.
• Preparation of R.C. drawings including bar bending schedules, foundation, basement, slab, roof, beam etc. using CAD RC software.
Projects completed include:
• Reconstruction of Mafraq Interchange (AU 00194)
• Sea Palace - storm water (Contract 142/25)
• Storm water & Drainage System Project for Khalifa City ‘B’, Sec E19/02, E25 and E48.
• Storm Water Master Plan Project - Kuwait
• Relocation of pumping mains at new Airport Road/Al Ain Road intersection.
• Sorouh project on Reem Island
• Tamouh Infrastructure (AU 00345)
• Tamouh Plot 1, 2 & 3.
• Najmat Abu Dhabi (AU 00296) – Reem Island Development
• Doha North STW
• Miscellaneous (house connections) works.
Betzy Salim 2
• Marine - Fully engaged for the project (1) “Booms for sea water intake at Ruwais Refinery” and (2) MR Feed services at Ruwais area.
1995 – 1999: Stone & Webster Abu Dhabi (UAE) Inc., Abu Dhabi - Structural/Civil Design Draughts Person Development of structural drawings from design details (steel and RC). Acquired vast experience in concrete foundations, structural steel, connection joints of various structures, grading elevations and other civil /structural works. Also experienced in equipment layouts, site plans, general arrangement, sections, details, piping systems and supports, P&ID’s, PFD’s, Piping ISOS and other piping works. Projects involved include:
• ADCO – Abu Dhabi - Potable Water Supply system at Bab
• ADCO – Abu Dhabi - Raw and Potable Water Supply System at Asab
• ADCO – Abu Dhabi - 12” Pipeline Project from Mezayrah to Asab
• ADCO – Abu Dhabi - Meziyrah to Mariyah Pipeline Project
• ISO Octane Company – Jabel Ali, Dubai - Gasoline Production Facilities
• Emirates Petroleum Prod. Co. (Pvt) Ltd. – Jabel Ali, Dubai - Fire Protection – upgrade Terminal I and III
• Emirates Petroleum Prod. Co. (Pvt) Ltd. – Jabel Ali, Dubai - Tetra Ethyl Lead Blending Facilities
• Arabian Oil Company – Saudi Arabia - Construction of Power Plant at Al-Khafji 1995: Sir Alexander Gibb & Partners, Abu Dhabi - CADD Draughts Person
• Involved in preparation of civil drawings for the construction of Jumeirah road and for Abu Dhabi Municipality, Sectors E25, E28, E30-31.
2018 – Present Idroesse Infrastructure, Abu Dhabi – Senior Draughts Person 2008 – 2018 WS-Atkins, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Senior Engineering Technician / Cad Coordinator - Infrastructure 2000 - 2007 Hyder Consulting Middle East Ltd., Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. Senior Design Drafts Person
1995 - 1999 Stone & Webster Abu Dhabi (UAE) Inc., Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. Structural/Civil Design Draughts Person
1995 Sir Alexander Gibb & Partners, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. CADD Draughts Person
Betzy Salim 3