HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
• Proven HR practitioner with 28+ years of exceptional track record in strategic planning, hotels, and human resources management. Possessing allied exposure in associate areas of food and beverage, sales, store operations and customer service initiatives.
• Respected leader of creative and diversified teams that enforce effective utilization of human resources and proper monitoring of their well being.
• HR Development and Management
• Strategic Planning
• Personnel Management
• Policy Formulation
• Creative Team Leadership
Operations, F&B, and Store Management
• Creative Thinking & Decision Making
• P&L Responsibility and Revenue Generation
• BusinessDevelopment,Target Setting and Achievement PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• General Manager
• Continuous Development Recruitment Co.
• April 2017 upto present
• Assisting companies in their bulk recruitment locally and overseas by providing expertise in the preparation and selection of required manpower.
• Provide any other required assistance with regards to recruitment.
• Director of Human Resources
• SITCO General Trading & Contracting W.L.L., Al Salmiya, Kuwait April 2014 - February 2017
• New formation of the company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and internal policies and procedures.
• Responsible for lifting the company overseas recruitment ban (black list) in the Philippines.
• Restructuring the company salary scheme by implementing a new salary structure and benefit.
• Reduced pay roll by 8%.
• Advising and assisting managers in applying recruitment and selection practices. Disseminating of information affecting employer-employee relations, employee’s activities and company programs, to ensure that they are achieved.
• Directs and assists in the preparation and achievements of the department’s goals and business plan budget.
• Directs the preparation of monthly HR statistical reports and monitors and reviews all Human Resources policies and procedures, practices, updating and/or recommending improvements as appropriate.
• Overseeing the maintenance of personnel records, update of all employees’ records to facilitate payroll, legal documents, policies and procedures, and other HR matters.
• Spearhead the annual review and update of the HR departmental standards of performance (operation) manual.
• Assists in creating and maintaining a positive atmosphere within the company that allows open communication, ensuring morale and productivity reach the highest possible levels.
• Ensures operative and management recruitment needs are met.
• Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems elating to compensation, benefits and other employer initiatives to ensure that the company remains competitive within the local employer market as appropriate.
• Developing and implementing occupational health and safety programs and practice.
• Perform all related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Contributes to the identification of training needs in the company. Ensures as a prime responsibility the provision & monitoring of Staff Training & Development services to enhance staff career development and maintain high service standards in the company.
• Human Resources Manager
• Crowne Plaza Hotel IHG, Al Farwaniya, Kuwait
• April 2010 - October 2013
• Played a key role in spearheading 38 employees comprising of HR officers, visa officers, staff accommodation (480 employees) and the cafeterias staff handing out 1,500 covers on a daily basis.
• Effectively diminished payroll by 14% by merging jobs from 1310 employees to 1130.
• Successfully select and recruit staff at the appointed time for the new open 10 restaurants.
• Reduce turn over by 7%
• Proficiently devised a reward and recognition system. Key Responsibilities:
• Designed and monitored hotel’s human resource strategies, policies and procedures to consistently chart out strategic long term goals and objectives of the hotel.
• Instrumental in initiating the HR framework encompassing organization structure, HR policies and procedures, performance appraisal system, transfer and promotion procedures in line with hotel standards.
• Proficiently devised a reward and recognition system, thereby formulated analysis on diverse areas of HR to aid accountability and planning, ensuring smooth work flow.
• Efficiently designed strategies to resolve employee relation issues and operational tribulations pertaining to staff comprising of absenteeism, turn over, retention and morale to enhance team member retention.
• Fostered clear channels of communication with the Director of Finance in forecasting department’s budget, whilst ensuring strict adherence to hotel policies and procedures.
• Communicated effectively with the owner and representatives on perceptive issues interrelated to HR to formulate long and short term strategies for enhancing hotel revenues.
• Directed the preparation and maintenance of requisite reports to carry out departmental functions and provided periodic reports to the senior management to track strategic goal accomplishment.
• Human Resources Manager
• Al-Jahra Copthorne Hotel and Resort Millennium, Al Jahra Kuwait
• July 2007 - April 2010
• Played a cardinal role in recruiting and selecting all employees (130) include management team (pre-opening team) in 3 month period, since I was the second employee to be hired by the GM.
• Instrumental in encouraging the Municipality of Public Transportation to affix an additional public transit rout as the Hotel was situated in a remote area.
• Successfully managed three other departments: inclusive of recreation, security and landscaping.
• Functioned as a trouble-shooter for the General Manager throughout the pre-opening period.
• Acted as GM in charge during his absence.
• Facilitate in preparing all HR Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the entire Middle East region. Key Responsibilities:
• Pioneered in preparing and processing HR forms and documents, thus accountable for keeping a track of complete operation of Human Resources Department to enhance better work flow.
• Influential in conducting recruitment trips and accordingly liable for monitoring three other departments, inclusive of recreation, security and landscaping.
• Functioned as a trouble-shooter for the General Manager throughout the pre-opening period, involving rules, standards policies, programs and procedures to address organizations human resource requirements.
• Supported the senior management in creating and maintaining a positive atmosphere in the Hotel ascertaining open communication to ensure that morale and efficiency accomplish the utmost promising levels.
• Effectively assured that the standards mandatory by the law and by management are maintained all the time to ensure smooth functioning of the hotel in an efficient and effective manner.
• Administered the whole range of day to day activities of the staff, thereby appraised performance of the employees by conducting performance management and providing effective strategies to address shortcomings.
• Supervised and worked intimately with the Passport Officer, along with keeping up to date knowledge of employee's personnel record to increase the overall performance of the employees, ascertaining that all safe working practices are adhered to.
• District Manager
• Quality Oil Company, United States of America
• January 1998 - January 2007
• Played a pivotal role in spearheading company’s largest district of seven stores with yearly sale of $ 5.5 M grocery, $ 22 M gasoline and $ 0.5 M deli with the total of $ 4.267 M cross turnover.
• Bestowed with most excellent cash control award in the financial year 2003.
• Presented with the person of the year award in the year 2002. Key Responsibilities:
• Actively participated in corporate planning meeting and aided in formulating policies and procedures, hence conducted regular store visit to resolve operational problems.
• Efficiently evaluated performance of store managers along with acted as the ambassador of extraordinary customer service for the company with a view to ensure adequate penetration, market share, growth and performance.
• Instrumental in explicating the P&L (Profit and Loss) statement for the district to formulate long and short term strategies for enhancing organizational revenues.
• Responsible for enlisting, appointing and training manager’s assistant managers and Deli managers for seven stores, thus conducted performance reviews periodically to maintain a motivated team.
• Profitable regulated supplies and equipment, consequently rectified account problems to consistently chart a rising business curve for company services.
• Carried out monthly manager meeting for conversing company procedure and scrutinizing current casework, thereby sustained and kept a tremendous representation inside and outside the stores.
• Effectively finished and updated a record of check audits, thus rendered training to the managers for sustaining and overhauling gasoline and store equipment’s to attain short and long term strategic objectives with corresponding milestones.
Previous Professional Experiences:
• September 1996 – January 1998 Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, Omni Hotel, USA
• August 1990 - September 1996: District Manager, The Pantry, USA
• March 1987 - August 1990: Store Manager with The Pantry, USA
• September 1983 - March 1987: Owner with Classic Paint, USA EDUCATION
North Carolina State University, United States
Courses in Business Management and Human Resources 1980- 1983
TRAINING COURSES AND CERTIFICATIONS,
• Professional in Human Resources-International (PHRi), HRCI-USA.
• Senior Professional in Human Resources- International (SPHRi), HRCI-USA.
• Practical management skills, Quality Mart, USA.
• Operations Management Executive Education, AUM Kuwait.
• Stock market investment, Kuwait.
• Change management, IHG, UAE.
• Competency based interview, IHG, UAE.
Visa Status:Residancy Visa ( Transferable).
Marital Status: Married with 2 Kids.