PMO OFFICER. PROFESSIONAL SCRUM MASTER
E D U C A T I O N
MSc, Technology Management
Energy Resource Management
BSc, Electrical Engineering
S K I L L S
P R O F E S S I O N A L
Project Design & Management
Attention to Detail
A C H I E V E M E N T S
Tony Elumelu Foundation
Entrepreneurship Program Recipient,
Nominees for The Women in
Technology Awards MEA / Best All
Round Tech Executive category, 2014
P R O F I L E
I am an accomplished, result-oriented Project Manager with extensive experience overseeing large scale projects that support the business operations. I have over 15 years of experience working with different sized companies like KPMG, IMF, Nigerian Airspace Management Agency and Zercom. I have the expertise in handling and management of clients, analyzing situations and recommending plans, processes and programs for improvement. I have led cross functional technical project teams with over 75+ members and multi-million dollar budgets. I have so much passion for recycling and business development.
P R O F E S S O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER, PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
Nigerian Airspace Management Agency Lagos, Nigeria Aug 2017 – Oct 2019 I am the leader of all of the agency’s Project Management activities from initiation to implementation.
• Establish the PMO from scratch, implementing processes based on industry best practice but tailored to NAMA’s culture for governance.
• Supervise project desk officers within the PMO in the creation, management, maintenance, and updating of projects and resource schedules, project change requests.
• Mentored Project Managers on managing risks, issues and dependencies using Risk Registers and Issue Logs.
• Monitored project risks and scope creep to identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance.
• Maintain a pulse of team health, and associated continuous improvement initiatives in partnership with HR and support staff.
• Managed multiple cross-functional project teams of 8 members per.
• Provide weekly project reporting to Managing Director and senior management, highlighting the milestones, issues, risks and costs.
• Ensured awarded projects were completed on schedule and under budget.
• Managed multiple simultaneous projects/programs ahead of schedule to a total value of $10 million dollars.
• Reduced abandonment rate by over 95% across all projects by instituting earlier and more frequent peer reviews, and improving peer review tracking procedures.
REMOTE AGILE COACH / PROJECT MANAGER
Dept. of Veteran Affairs Washington DC, USA Jun 2016 – Aug 2017 Participated in Enterprise Agile transformation and coordinated Agile adoption for teams across multiple sites in the US.
• Conducted daily stand-ups i n two-week Iterations, facilitated sprint reviews, retrospectives, and sprint planning
• Wrote Agile FAQs, articles and success stories distributed via newsletter and SharePoint site to improve the Agile maturity l evel.
• Coached teams, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Managers and Executives on Agile values and principles to promote continuous improvement i n practices and artifacts.
• Act as a mentor to Scrum Masters and Product Owners on all l evels across the organization on Agile principles, process, practices and tools.
• A key member on the development team of the SAFe-based methodology used to implement I T delivery that encompasses the portfolio/program/project l evels.
AGILE PROJECT MANAGER
Baltimore City Public Schools Maryland, USA Aug 2015 – Dec 2016 I was hired to lead and manage the 5-year program with a budget of $125 million. Served as the programs single point of contact for daily interaction, escalation of issues, and management of steering committees needs and expectations while promoting transparency. I developed lasting relationships with key district and school stakeholders to ensures that all identified tasks and decisions align with the school’s goals and objectives.
L I C E N S E &
C E R T I F I C A T I O N S
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) 1
E X P E R I E N C E ( C O N T I N U E D )
I also led the BCPS Kids program where kids were encouraged to deliver IT innovations during the summer months.
• Developed strategic planning framework for aligning business requirements with IT solutions.
• Efficiently directed and managed the integration process of third party vendors.
• Managed/collaborated documents, proposals, requirements, training documents etc on MS SharePoint
• Managed up to 5 project teams simultaneously; facilitated weekly project status meetings and participated in program meetings to understand cross functional impacts.
• Developed relevant metrics that help the team see how they are progressing and provide management insight regarding the performance of the team.
• Provided leadership in the establishment and development of project base line budgets, resource allocation, and schedules in individual and group situations.
• Actively contributed to the continuous improvement of project framework and to the successful organizational transition to Agile. AGILE PROJECT MANAGER
Zercom Systems Lagos, Nigeria July 2013 – July 2015 I was hired to create a methodology and processes that will help collate and manage Zercom’s project portfolio into one database and a single way of project execution.
• Responsible for creating, updating and managing budgets to ensure assigned projects attain an acceptable profit margin and returns on investment.
• Managed projects having revenue budgets up to $3M that included deliverables such as software development and integration, upgrades.
• Documented and standardized web deployment and post deployment procedures, reducing deployment cycle 10%.
• Led and developed full scale iteration plans for implementation
• Reduced software defect backlog by over 95% across all projects by instituting agile scrum methodology and improving peer review tracking procedures. E&I Engineer / PMO Analyst
ExxonMobil Lagos, Nigeria Aug 2011 – Jun 2013
• Acted as SME for management of projects to ensure set goals are met
• Monitored sub-contractors to ensure established guidelines are maintained
• Identified issues and developed mitigation strategies during the Transition Planning workshop for QIPP project
• Prepared the Lessons Learned application and captured worksheet at the FEED stages
• Managed multiple projects using MS Project Server 2010 and MS SharePoint
• Designed training plans and develop a SharePoint curriculum to train staff on SharePoint functionality
IT Project Manager
KPMG Washington, DC US Aug 2007 – Jul 2011
Within 2 years, I was promoted twice from Associate to Project Manager.
• Successfully managed several infrastructure projects including migration of over 4000+ users from Windows XP to Vista, migration of over 4000+ users from IBM to HP computers, installation of backbone LAN/WAN networks etc
• Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions
• Managed Help Desk operations, with a user base of 5000+ staff.
• Perform SWOT and GAP analysis of business processes; highlighting areas of inefficiencies
Help Desk Supervisor
IMF Washington DC Feb 2005 – Aug 2007
I started out as a Help Desk Associate but my innovative, go-getter attitude and people relation skills catapulted me to Help Desk Supervisor within two years.
S K I L L S
T E C H N I C A L
Web Technologies: XML, HTML, CSS
I N T E R E S T S
Business Idea Development