RAMADAN E. FARRAG
Astoria, NY 11103 firstname.lastname@example.org
TRADING & PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Fixed Income Portfolios / Structured Products/ Short Duration Funds / Liquidity Management / Alternative Investments
Ambitious, intelligent, and resourceful Trader and Portfolio Manager with a successful track-record of delivering strong results amidst fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments. Logical and quantitative approach to research and analysis with expert performance in analyzing financial information, performing market research, executing profitable trades, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and mentoring skills. Fluent Arabic. Expertise includes:
Financial Analysis / Risk Management / Financial Modeling / Presentations / Strategic Planning / Consulting
Market Research / Client Relations / Market Analysis / Fund Compliance / Team Mentoring
DEUTSCHE ASSET MANAGEMENT, New York, NY 2000 to 2012
Trader / Portfolio Manager (2007 to 2012)
Portfolio / Trading Assistant (2003 to 2007)
Associate Asset Management Training Program (2001 to 2003)
Full-Time Intern (2000 to 2001)
Successful 13 years with Deutsche Bank. Promoted through a series of positions based on strong performance. Earlier career responsibilities included establishing/monitoring trading positions, analyzing economic and market data, preparing financial reports and economic commentaries, reviewing portfolio risk, identifying and resolving Trading issues, providing client support, and collaborating with cross-functional groups (Sales, Marketing, etc.) to facilitate organizational goals and business objectives. As Trader/PM, responsible for co-managing $55 billion Mutual Fund and $32 billion SMA portfolios.
• Evaluated financial risks of current market conditions and based trading process decisions on comprehensive financial data assessments; analyzed economic fundamental indicators, market events, etc.
• Proficiently leveraged various strategies to facilitate profitable client executions; consistently ranked in 1st and 2nd quartile of AAA funds. Assisted with establishing funds’ investment strategies via fundamental, technical, and yield curve analytics.
• Advised institutional clients on strategic investment opportunities, risk analysis, investment returns, and more. Cultivated client and broker dealer relationships.
• Trained, developed, and mentored junior Trader to deliver strong results amidst fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Worked in cooperation with Portfolio Manager to develop and implement investment strategies. Personally managed liquidity portfolio for the group.
• Ensured fund compliance (internal, SEC, rating agencies), processed/booked trades, and corresponded with accounting and back-office groups facilitate organizational objectives.
• Built Excel Models to support senior Portfolio Managers (2003-2007), managed client queries, and worked in cooperation with interdepartmental employees to achieve targeted goals; served as key point-of-contact to technology group.
• Successfully completed 2 year asset management rotational program (including 6 months global training in London office); evaluated/interpreted client investment portfolios, remedied trade discrepancies/exceptions, etc.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & ASSOCIATIONS / TECHNOLOGY
BARUCH COLLEGE, New York, NY (2001)
BBA in Finance (Minored in Economics; Concentration in Accounting)
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Part I: September 2012
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Exam Part I: December 2012
MEMBER: New York Society of Security Analysts; CFA Institute
MEMBER: Alternative Investment Managers Association; Arab Bankers Association of North America
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access; VB; Charles River Trading System; Bloomberg Termi