I bring diversity to the workplace in terms of age, life experience, educational and work experience. Holistic financial customer solutions in resilient relationships is my ultimate career goal. Contributing within a team environment will accentuate my strengths.
•Client Relationship Building
•Wealth Management Strategies
• Goal-Based Planning Tools
•Empathy and Understanding
•Attention to Detail
09/2003 to 11/2023 Adjunct Professor – part time
York University-Toronto, ON
• Provided students, of learning style, ethnic, interest and age diversity, with timely academic progress information and feedback and academic stimulation and discipline.
•Built relationships with students, mentoring on personal, professional and
academic goals while providing coaching on intellectual growth and success.
•Used variety of learning modalities and support materials to facilitate learning process and research skill, building oral and ·written presentational confidence.
04/2022 to 05/2023 Financial Security Advisor
Canada Life - Toronto, ON
•Developed personal rapport with client base to maintain customer loyalty
and establish long-term provision of value and deliverables.
•Through Teams and in-person met clients to discuss assets, expenses, and long term and short-term financial and life goals to devise and revise personalized financial plans under urgency of KYC.
Educated clients and families on various financial matters and provided professional recommendations on opportunities, products, and services based on surfaced needs and intergenerational issues.
•Employed proprietary software for financial and insurance planning and CRM.
07/2019 to 04/22 Toronto Money Doctor – Debt and Credit Counselling
10/2010 to 04/2022 Advisor Primerica Financial – part time, small clients
10/1994 to 04/2001 Investment Advisor
BMO Nesbitt Burns
• Built book of mixed clients from O to 110, including HNW. Met and collaborated with existing and prospective clients to ascertain financial goals, risk tolerances and provide recommendations on investment solutions
•Developed network of allied professionals and centers of influence.
•Conducted quarterly events for clients and prospects
•Researched companies and prepared presentations for management and prospects
• Researched current economic trends and investment opportunities to stay abreast of financial markets.
•Researched and evaluated potential investment products for clients
•Assisted clients with budgeting and cash flow management.
• Presented financial plans and investment solutions customized to particular client circumstances and goals.
Ph.D. Social Sciences
York University - Toronto, ON.
2020-2023 QAFP, CEA, LLQP, Mutual Fund License
I'm not rabidly competitive with others, moreso with myself. Practicing is meditative perfection. One of life’s truths is that we play like we practice.
Something you could not know about me is that I coached boys becoming men in high school football. Many lessons learned and dispensed about commitment, about perseverance, about making teammates even better, towards winning the city championship!