Geoff La Porte
Growth-focused and goal-oriented sales professional with strong business acumen and extensive experience in inside and outside sales, customer service, account management, regional operations, and team leadership. PROFILE
• Demonstrated success in developing innovative sales strategies and executing promotional campaigns with a focus on engaging with customers and boosting sales growth for startups and well-established organizations.
• Collaborative team leader, skilled in leading inside and outside sales teams, administering training programs for internal and client staff, and providing hands-on leadership for continuous performance improvement.
• Adept at maximizing customer satisfaction and retention by delivering high-quality customer service, meeting customer needs and requirements, and maintaining productive relationships based on trust and positive rapport.
• Proficient in preparing insights-driven proposals, delivering impactful sales presentations, and providing cost- effective solutions to secure potential business opportunities and enhance existing client base.
• Exceptional negotiation and communication skills with an aptitude to work effectively with customers, key stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and client decision-makers. PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
Inside Sales Representative FORT Robotics 2022 to Present Served as an inside sales representative for a startup company and oversaw sales operations of wireless machine controls for a wide range of industrial applications.
• Acquired 80 new accounts and generated $1 million in new sales by managing sale proposals for customers, maintaining productive customer relationships, and ensuring high-quality service delivery.
• Communicated with customers through phone calls and HubSpot chat requests to assess customer needs and assist customers with applicable product selection for their project requirements.
• Synchronized with engineering team to address customer inquiries and facilitate required product modifications.
• Maintained Salesforce CRM to ensure accurate record management and optimize client onboarding process. National Sales Manager DSO Fluid Handling 2014 to 2022 Managed a nationwide distribution network of 90+ distributors and led sales activities of repair and replacement parts for pumps and valves in the food and beverage industry.
• Secured 15 new distributors to enhance network system and drive sales and business efforts on national scale.
• Facilitated distributor sales activities by coordinating with distributor principals, introducing distributor incentives, administering distributor training programs, and coordinating joint sales calls with distributor outside sales staff.
• Boosted annual sales by 10% by leading essential sales procedures, such as developing innovative sales approaches, directing internal sales staff, and creating special project pricing.
• Designed impactful brand awareness campaigns to target and acquire potential end users, generate sales leads for distributors, and introduce new products in the market. Corporate Account Executive Diagraph Marketing & Coding 2012 to 2014 Delivered engineered solutions for traceability coding in different consumer industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, and industrial.
• Acquired 25+ new business accounts and increased product sales by 17% by ensuring continuous engagement with clients and understanding their needs and requirements. Geoff La Porte P a g e 2
• Developed and expanded company market share for western New York and northern New Jersey regions.
• Delivered turn-key systems for small to mid-sized capital expense projects in a highly competitive business environment by collaborating with engineering, purchasing, and maintenance contacts.
• Designed value selling propositions and targeted templates for customers to enhance product competitiveness and improve sales closure rates.
• Optimized production space and boosted equipment performance by performing site surveys, analyzing customer applications, and utilizing equipment layout drawings. Regional Sales Representative D. L. Thurrott 2010 to 2012 Managed sales and marketing operations and delivered customer-centric service for 40+ product lines, including but not limited to pumps, air compressors, sealant products, and package pump systems.
• Increased technical sales and acquired 12+ new sales accounts by organizing 1:1 and group presentations.
• Exceeded pre-defined sales targets by 25% by developing value statements for business growth and ROI spreadsheets for performance optimization.
• Coordinated with engineering, purchasing, and maintenance personnel to deliver high-quality customer service for industrial and municipal accounts.
• Contributed to large-scale capital equipment projects and detailed MRO applications for multiple industries. Regional Sales Manager R. M. Headlee Company, Inc. 2008 to 2010 Optimized sales activities and improved business growth by identifying potential sales opportunities, optimizing customer service, and retaining valued customers across the New York and Vermont regions.
• Improved annual sales and profitability by 10% by delivering impactful sales pitches, utilizing industry best practices, and securing new accounts.
• Analyzed client needs and designed detailed presentations to ensure specific client automation, meet control flow requirements, and develop cost-effective alternative solutions.
• Delivered excellent products and services to diverse customers, including manufacturers, engineering companies, municipalities, resellers, and OEMs.
• Administered training of assigned sales staff members to promote product knowledge, maintain corporate policies and procedures, and provide exceptional customer service. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
Sales Engineer II Video Jet Technologies, Inc.
North American Sales Manager Applied Robotics, Inc. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science, Business State University of New York PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Xerox Professional Selling Skills 2 & 3
Sandler Selling System
Danaher Value Selling Program
Karrass Effective Negotiating