KAREN M. WILKERSON
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Senior-level Executive Assistant / Administrative Support professional with analytical, organizational, and problem- solving strengths to ensure seamless office operations within fast paced non-profit and Fortune 500 organizations. Background includes supporting VPs, and other executives to maximize company efficiency and overall success. Build effective relationships with internal / external decision makers, vendors and stakeholders, relying on solid communication and collaboration skills.
Project Management Vendor Relations Global Meeting Management Press Releases Broadcast Media Relations Time Management Event Planning Marketing Relationship Building Expense Management Technologies Policy & Procedural Implementation Calendar Management Reporting & Documentation Travel Arrangements PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
FPWA, New York, NY 2015 – 2023
FPWA is a non-profit anti-poverty policy and advocacy organization committed to economic opportunity and upward mobility. Executive Assistant to the Office of the CEO/Executive Director Gatekeeper for CEO’s correspondence, phone messages and calendar / schedule. Scheduled in person meetings, regularly working with City Hall and other nonprofit organizations. Set up Zoom and Team meetings. Greeted guests for onsite meetings including Conference Center events. Managed CEO’s monthly expense reports, set up travel agenda’s including airline, Amtrak, and car service arrangements to meetings, conferences and speaking engagements in the tri site area and across the country. Maintained car service account. Liaised with PR and Communications team to set up and book broadcast and radio interviews. Managed bios and headshots to be shared with various organizations and events that CEO attended. Worked with Membership Team proofreading and sending letters to new member organizations. Key achievement:
• Quickly pivoted all billing and stakeholder communications to electronic delivery during Covid pandemic. FORUM STAFFING SERVICES, New York, NY 2013 – 2015
Provided onsite administrative support for a variety of organizations ad-hoc projects. THE ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES, New York, NY 2004 – 2013 Estee Lauder is a Fortune 500 global prestige cosmetics and fragrance company with $17.5B in total sales. Assistant to Senior Management, Special Projects, 2009 - 2013 Supported executive leadership from Estee Lauder, Beauty Bank, Aramis, Designer Fragrances, MAC Cosmetics, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Jo Malone, La Mer and Tom Ford. Prepared educational materials for global meetings. Organized retail sales mailings and editor/consumer events including Earth Day and the recycling of old makeup packaging. Prepared special events by assembling and reviewing press releases and new product launches. Coordinated make-up artists, hairdressers, photographers and models travel arrangements and schedules for in-house photo shoots. Maintained product inventory. Key achievements:
• Project managed total logistics for highly visible Global Special Events and Education Team’s, annual Fashion Night Out; contacted New York fashion editors, and media outlets to ensure attendance as well as preparation for blogger events and magazine editor desk slides prior to new product launches. Executive Assistant to Vice President of Global Communications & Strategic Alliances, 2008 - 2009 Administrator for Origins and Ojon brands. Processed all invoices and billing inquiries for Origins Global Communications team. Prepared monthly expense reports and maintained departmental receipts. Expediated product package and press material deliveries. Researched promotional event materials/supplies. Reviewed and archived press clippings, managed binder with current media placements. Monitored editorial and print media coverage daily. Organized/maintained team magazine, media library and editor contact list.
• Liaison between retail stores across the US and Global Communications Team for product fulfillment.
• Collaborated with Mail Services after fulfillment, resulting in consistent and prompt delivery of international shipments for new product launches.
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President, Bumble & Bumble, 2007 - 2008 Provided support to Vice Presidents of Marketing, Product Development, Public Relations and Art Departments. Served as interdepartmental liaison managing and directing all written communications. Maintained executive schedules, generated and submitted expense reports and oversaw proper invoice payments. Performed Product Development tasks including testing, proofreading and sample packaging services. Key achievements:
• Orchestrated successful transition from individual brands to Estee Lauder corporate billing, inventory, and new product development procedures.
Executive Assistant to Vice President / General Manager, Sean John Fragrances, 2004 - 2006 First employee of new product business unit. Managed all logistics for new office space, technology equipment acquisition, IT server space setup and telecommunication coordination. Assisted staff with IT access applications for corporate internet and intranet. Participated in product testing with fragrance houses and maintained inventory of lab samples. Obtained focus groups and marketing reports for R&D. Collaborated in initial Sean John Fragrances press release. Negotiated vendor accounts, facilitating long-term relationships. Managed travel arrangements, itineraries, calendars, meetings, expense accounts and catering. Tracked vendor feedback for executive response and processed vendor payments. Set up product & celebrity photo shoots for new marketing campaigns. Key achievements:
• Instituted billing protocol procedures to align ELC, MAC Cosmetics and Sean John as licensees.
• Played a key role in the launch of the Sean John Brand, including contacting establishments, timeline creation, company needs assessments and meeting scheduling.
• Established product billing coding process for Sean John product line that became wide best practices across all brands corporate-wide. Coding process additionally efficiently forecasted product inventory. FREDERICK DOUGLASS CREATIVE ARTS CENTER, New York, NY 2003 - 2004 Frederick Douglass Creative Arts Center is a non-profit arts education organization. Assistant to Executive Director
Assisted new Executive Director in center operations in accordance with Executive Board. Maintained office inventory. Participated in fundraising events. Liaison to local NAACP. Key achievements:
• Established electronic invoicing payment procedures and relationships with vendors and media outlets.
• Implemented successful new team reporting protocols.
• Oversaw successful office space renovations updating computer and telecom systems through coordination and negotiations with contractors and vendors to meet new budget guidelines.
• Collaborated with Executive Director and bank to establish new electronic payment system that utilized debit/credit cards, cash and personal checks.
FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science in Marketing Communications
Associate of Arts in Cosmetics, Fragrances and Toiletries TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams) Zoom SAP Concur