C O N T A C T
E D U C A T I O N
Moshannon Valley High School
S K I L L S
E X P E R I E N C E
SMITH TRANSPORT // ROARING SPRING, PA // MAY 2006 - PRESENT
● Responsible for overseeing a fleet of 50+ truck drivers and managing dispatchers.
● In charge of coordinating and communicating important daily information for each driver, including directions, delivery times, pick-up times, locations, etc.
● Ensure drivers are staying up-to-date on safety issues, DOT compliances, truck inspections, random drug screenings and staying within their hours of service.
● See to it that all licences, certificates of violations, DOT physicals, CDL licenses and hazmat endorsements are updated and valid.
● In charge of creating and managing weekly schedules and routes for each driver.
● Oversee the onboarding of new drivers/hires and monitoring driver retention numbers.
● Troubleshoot problems such as truck breakdowns, inspections, and truck repossessions.
SMITH TRANSPORT // ROARING SPRING, PA // MARCH 2006 - MAY 2006
● Worked closely with driver managers to assist in creating dispatch plans and dispatching drivers.
● Created onboarding presentations and led orientation classes for new hires.
● Provided drivers with daily instructions, directions and assistance through various occurrences such as pickup and delivery times and truck breakdowns. RECEPTIONIST
SMITH TRANSPORT // ROARING SPRING, PA // OCTOBER 2005 - MARCH 2006
● Responsible for greeting all visitors and answering their questions.
● Managed phone lines and directed callers to the appropriate parties.
● Maintained calendars and scheduling.
● Handled the creation and maintenance of customer spreadsheets.