913-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPERIENCED SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Purchasing • Procurement • Negotiations • Vendor Management • Inventory Control Global Sourcing • Supplier Agreements • Strategic Planning • Compliance PROFILE
A dedicated and results-driven Supply Chain Manager with an extensive background and a track record of proven results creating process improvements, implementing strategic enhancements, and achieving substantial cost savings. Seeking a position as a Senior Buyer in which I can readily utilize strong skills in sourcing, negotiations and customer focus gained throughout my career to a world class, high-integrity company. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Possesses over 20 years of buying experience, with expertise in global sourcing, supplier agreements, purchasing, inventory management and developing relationships with suppliers.
● Effective administration of commodity cost reduction programs, international and alternate sourcing of materials or services.
● Background in global sourcing of multiple commodities in a manner that attains quality, cost, and delivery support in line with the company’s objectives.
● Distinguished expertise in negotiating supplier contracts, as well as, identifying and capitalizing on cost reduction measures; working knowledge of contract language.
● Administration of quotations and purchase order placement, improving supplier relationships, support of departmental and organizational objectives
● Proven ability to develop, lead, and implement procurement strategies that employ best practices, and that meet the growth and competitive needs of the business and coordinates procurement efforts with other departments.
● Experienced in selectively qualifying and sourcing suppliers for specific commodities, negotiating contracts, supplier management and inventory control.
● Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing various systems for planning and scheduling.
● Strong background utilizing MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and other computer programs; masters new systems quickly.
● Works with supply chain team to identify needs and react quickly to special customer requests.
● Strives to process orders quickly and efficiently.
● Encourages teamwork among employees to achieve departmental goals.
● Maintains detailed records of all transactions in order to provide a financial audit trail.
● Exceptional leadership, project management, interpersonal, oral/written communication and analytical skills
● Highly effective in building and cultivating positive relationships and rapport with internal and external partners.
● An ethical professional who facilitates a team approach to achieve organizational objectives and increase productivity by properly prioritizing, delegating and managing team members.
● Thrives in a team-oriented environment but with the drive to work independently. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
● Strives to continuously develop new global sources of supply for selected commodities, materials, parts and services in order to increase CDC’s profitability by decreasing costs and improving hands-on inventory value.
● Evaluates potential sourcing solutions by conducting thorough analyses of both domestic and international sources encompassing cost, lead time, duties, taxes, freight, carrying costs, etc. SUPPLIER AGREEMENTS
● Reviews bid proposals from suppliers prior to and entering into contracts in accordance with budgetary limitations.
● Analyzes supplier performance monthly to ensure pricing, inventory levels, and other facets of the agreement are being upheld.
● Establishes, cultivates and maintains beneficial supplier relationships. LEADERSHIP
● Provides guidance and training in the areas of source/supplier development, quotation and proposal preparation, contact preparation/negotiation, and supplier relationships.
● Experienced in supervising other buyers, displaying a knack for keeping all team members engaged and challenged in order to perform at the highest level, and meet all quality and productivity goals. PURCHASING/PROCUREMENT
● Coordinates all efforts involved with the procurement of raw goods, equipment and services for the company utilizing an MRP system.
● Strategically revised procurement strategies in an effort to limit excess inventory liabilities and lower inventory while still maintaining on time delivery.
● Managed the appropriate procurement of all products, ensuring quality products are secured at a reasonable price to meet margin requirements, and with on time delivery to meet customer demands.
● Reviews daily purchases and ensures the correct quantity is ordered and scheduled to arrive on time.
● Analyzes patterns in purchasing and material usage as a means to reduce costs and/or increase safety stock.
● Manages all facets of purchasing contract management, purchase order management, data entry, and general procurement duties.
● Manages and directs all inventory control measures in a stringent manner; actively monitors inventory and backorder levels.
● Reviews daily, monthly and yearly reports for accuracy of shipments, changes in purchase costs, backorder levels, and correct stock levels purchased.
● Previously served as the physical inventory team leader, charged with organizing all the pre-physical inventory meetings, ensuring optimal levels of staff are on hand, training on 5S skills as well as how to use scanners for counting and reconciliation, and the closing physical inventory meeting.
● Assists with the analysis for quarterly supplier plans.
● Aids design engineering in maintaining the shelf-life control database, acting as the first point of contact for questions regarding an item having shelf life, and following up with the appropriate buyer or supplier to validate the information documented is accurate.
● Contributes throughout the development of short- and long-range procurement strategies that ensure the quality, cost, and delivery objectives of CDC are effectively supported
● Assists the Director of Procurement in analyzing all facets of quarterly supplier reviews as well as longer range buying plans.
● Establishes and executes long term operations objectives in accordance with prescribed organizational goals.
● Aids Strategic Buyers in globally sourcing multiple commodities in a manner that attains quality, cost, and delivery support in line with the company’s objectives.
● Established a process mapping and training program for continuous improvement in supply chain.
● Provides training and guidance to other employees when implementing new initiatives and process improvement changes.
● Immediately communicates disruptions in supply chain to affected parties and takes initiative to develop solutions.
● Regularly interfaces with production, planning, sales/marketing, warehouse, and quality assurance employees to coordinate and control material flow towards meeting internal and external customer requirements.
● Directly interfaces and communicates across several departments in all positions in order to streamline processes and procedures, and to ensure a smooth workflow.
● Develops strong relationships with suppliers to ensure that the highest quality goods are secured at the best possible price and delivery.
● Serves as a liaison between supplier representatives and production personnel.
● Establishes, strengthens, and works to maintain strong vendor relationships. PROFITABILITY
● Reviews and approves all cost changes to ensure each attains desired profit margins.
● Oversees activities relevant to the most cost-effective purchases, scheduling and reporting of assigned packaging and non-stock commodities and supplies.
● Ensures purchasing functions are efficient, cost effective and provide for optimal cost savings. FINANCE
● Actively works with accounts receivables to resolve any invoice concerns.
● Works in conjunction with accounts payable to ensure payments are on schedule and to improve existing credit terms with suppliers.
● Successfully negotiates long-term purchase agreements and blanket purchase orders with suppliers in an effort to ensure consistent supply of parts and materials at a competitive price.
● Places cost-savings and profitability at the forefront of all negotiations PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
● Generates and maintains process improvement records impacting internal process efficiencies.
● Supported restructuring operations that led to improving processes within the company.
● Actively leads in the Kanban implementation in production, a functional key initiative taking 6-8 months to complete; co-led the training and processing mapping. VENDOR MANAGEMENT
● Manages and executes supplier returns to ensure the company receives a timely credit for non-conforming products; coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
● Properly evaluates and selects suppliers with consideration to the factors of price, quality, service, support, availability, and reliability.
● Interviews prospective suppliers, determines factors such as lead times, price, discounts and availability.
● Contributes as a member of the AVL team tasked with reviewing quarterly quality records for each supplier and determining if any corrective action is required for repeat quality issues; identifies suppliers expiring from the AVL and evaluates whether the supplier is a vital asset in the production process prior to being reestablished as an approved supplier.
● Carried out an internal audit of production planning in an effort to ensure compliance with ISO procedures; afforded the opportunity to audit various facets of the business on a yearly basis. NEW PRODUCTS
● Work with New Product Development as Supply Chain representative - determine pre-production stocking levels. ERP
● Served as an active member of the ERP implementation team during the process of launching a new ERP system to better manage daily processes such as sales, production and shipping.
● Selected to conduct the training for the supply chain departments globally. PROJECTS
● Created RAIL (Rolling Action Items List) to more efficiently manage projects; executed a wide range and variety of projects in career endeavors.
● Completes work instructions for the purchasing department in a manner that complies with ISO standards.
● Maintains ISO procedures within the supply chain department.
● Works to ensure all suppliers are Rohs, REACH, and environmental compliant; collaborates with the team in regard to those not found in compliance to follow up with suppliers and/or design engineering to verify the compliance is necessary based on the China/European regulations. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
Supply Chain Manager - Continental Disc - Liberty, MO April 2020 - Present Senior Buyer - Continental Disc - Liberty, MO April 2018 - April 2020 Senior Buyer/Buyer - SOR, Inc. - Lenexa, KS Nov 2004 to February 2018 Purchasing Agent - Systems Material Handling - Olathe, KS Jul 2003 to Nov 2004 Senior Buyer - Cardinal Scale Manufacturing Co. - Webb City, MO Apr 1998 to Jun 2003 Buyer -Preco Industries - Lenexa, KS Sep 1997 to Dec 1997 Buyer - Associated Bearings - Kansas City, MO Nov 1993 to Sep 1997 EDUCATION
Missouri Southern State University – Joplin, MO
Managerial Data Solutions/Business Administration
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint; Windows; AS/400 Business systems; Tiny Term Business Systems; types 60 WPM
● Serves as a Girl Scout Leader Troop Leader (2015 to Present)
● Volunteered in the food pantry at Harvesters.
● Contributed time to Hands to Heart – Back Snacks http://www.handstoheartskc.org/backsnacks/ REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST