QA LEADER/PRODUCT LEAD
Quality Assurance/Customer Advocate with proven track record leading people, honing QA processes, and standards, and managing multiple large-scale, complex projects/products while simultaneously delivering results that generate substantial growth and financial performance even in challenging economic environments. Excellent leadership skills with proven experience in resolving engineering challenges, empowering global teams and testing Cloud Applications..
Highly experienced in working and managing projects in Onsite-Offsite-Offshore models. Proficient in handling and meeting client expectations.
Deep technical expertise in QA frameworks and test automation. Have in depth knowledge and hands on experience in most of Informatica products.
15+ years of work experience in area of Software Quality Assurance Testing on Client- Server based, GUI and Web based applications using both Manual and Automated techniques
5+ Years of IT Experience in Cloud Modernization Project for Powercenter Customers
Excellent knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)and its processes
Lead a huge team of 20+ QA engineers across geographies by enabling them for various products, releases and automation across product teams
Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
Responsible for determining quality metrics for QA team Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts and share across the management chain.
Part of every production release including major and minor version releases
Think creatively and consider issues from a customer perspective, while bringing a pragmatic approach to solving issues
SME in Informatcia Domain and products
Act as customer advocate in understanding requirements, while guiding on principles in the development and quality release of functionality in the products
Analyze production issues, do root cause analysis and provide feedback for improvisation and better QA coverage
Monitor forums and support customer care to prioritize solving top customer issues across the entire business unit. Own the triage process and represent the user voice in the product lifecycle.
Come up with integrated test scenarios by engaging other teams where product dependencies occur
Coordinate Quality testing knowledge as well as testing efforts for complex issues across multiple services and teams
Do RCA for support issues, write detailed bug reports and provide the repro scenarios to dev for fixing
Be a champion for process improvement for entire product R&D team. Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Leading the QA team in designing QA test procedures. Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases. Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools. Run automation test suites and analyze test failures
Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs. Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
Coach and mentor team members and direct reports for career development; Provide technical and strategic leadership to Quality Engineers based out of onshore and offshore locations.
Formed ongoing Quality Assurance Strategy in partnership with Engineering and Product Managers.
Lead transformation from Quality Assurance towards Quality Engineering including high emphasis on test automation
Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans. Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities with great attention to detail.
Excellent collaboration skills to partner with developers, quality engineers, and product owners to execute against established test plans, strategies and timelines
Strong experience in System, GUI, Positive, Negative, Sanity, Smoke, Regression, Stress, Black Box, Unit, Functional, Integration, UAT, End to End, Cross Browser, Performance testing, Regression testing and Cross Platform testing.
Used JMeter, Load Runner for performance testing
Used JIRA and inhouse QA Track for Test Management and Defects tracking purpose
Possess interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with demonstrated abilities in Team Management and Customer Relationship Management.
Excellent experience in API Automation with RESTAssured/Postman, NodeJS, Web UI Automation, Selenium, Robot UI framework, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Scrum and Agile Methodologies, SQL, Java, Oracle MALLESWARI NAGA
QA LEADER/PRODUCT LEAD
SOFTWARE QA ARCHITECT/SENIOR MANAGER Informatica LLC, Redwood City, CA 03/2020-02/2023 Direct the Cloud Data Integration Product and HTYPE. Build high-performance teams by hiring, coaching, and mentoring next level SMEs. Full scale responsibility regarding project lifecycles for CDI and CDI Elastic. Advise developers, architects, customers, and leadership on platform and CDI features. Responsibilities:
• Direct all aspects of Quality Assurance. Design and architect test infrastructures for cloud data product testing.
• Be the go to person for all technical aspects of the product
• Lead a huge team of 20+ QA engineers across geographies by enabling them for various products, releases and automation across product teams
• Spearhead testing efforts in cloud data engineering metering.
• Salesforce connector enablement in licensing; internal SAAS/FRS/JLS/Scheduling; and customer upgrades.
• Selected by key stakeholders to be QA Lead for new Cloud Conversion projects which included, presenting PC to cloud feature/PCIICS Migration utility to internal R&D.
• Spearheaded 10+ cloud releases without quality issues and zero downtime of ZDT and maintenance upgrades.
• Worked on Agile Scrum and KANBAN methodologies on the projects.
• Primarily responsible for implementing AGILE framework and provided project deliverables on time with aggressive timetable which included leading teams of developers and testers both onshore and offshore.
• Used open-source tools like Selenium Web Driver, JUnit and Eclipse. Create and execute SQL queries to test the database as well create test data for test automaton.
• Collaborate with developers and architects in design discussions for platform and related CDI related features. Additionally, train users on new product features.
• Improved QA productivity by adopting 30+ cross-functional engineers resulting in an 80% reduction in cost.
• Onsite-Offshore Lead Experience managing on-shore and off-shore QA resources in testing and coordinating testing efforts across teams.
• Spearheaded initiatives to resolve POC issues and customer escalations in partnership with support and field teams for on-premises PowerCenter legacy products.
• Utilized out-of-the-box mindset to improvise existing automation coverage, which then provided 100% coverage on new features continuously.
• Guided key decision-makers on Java-based QA backend frameworks, resulting in it becoming the staple for all automation and regression testing.
• Delivered high quality products with limited resources and ever-changing deadlines.
• Successfully ensured PaaS for Data Integration was delivered on-time and improved automation of features for better regression handling.
• Selected to present the migration of PowerCenter assets to development tool and enablement of hive/Hadoop flag at Informatica World.
PRINCIPAL QA ENGINEER Informatica, Redwood City, CA 03/2007-02/2020 Led and mentored QA Engineers. Head Liaison in scrum meetings and with key stakeholders. Oversaw quality plan development and implementation. Managed quality of the Platform Engine features related to Logistical Data Transformation Machine (LDTM) and Optimizer.
• Singlehandedly released REST Webservices as a patch release.
• Recognized by executive leadership for contributions made to the Company’s products and development of client tool enhancements and releases.
QA LEADER/PRODUCT LEAD
• Lead a team of 10+ engineers at Onsite and offshore for multiple projects guiding them technically, mentoring them and enabling them to grow in their careers
• Helped in expanding the QA team by consistently interviewing and recruiting fresh college grads as well as experienced engineers into the team at HQ and offshore
• Writing Automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for functionalities being delivered on each sprint and for Regression test suites.
• Working in an Agile environment, interacting with Business Analysts and Developers in requirements analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation for application developed in agile environment.
• Created daily Testing Agenda’s during Functional, SIT and UAT cycles.
• Record and run test cases through Selenium IDE
• Designed test case according to requirements of newly added functionality.
• Maintaining the bug cycle, bug verification, closure of the assigned testing tasks
• Perform Functional (Black Box), positive and negative testing.
• Developed the reusable action for tests. Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing.
• Automate testing of RESTful services by creating positive, negative, boundary, performance, and security test cases.
• Working with developers and requirements analysts to define test scenarios and ensure that test requirements are covered and complete.
• Involved in Black box, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, and UAT testing.
• Wrote and Executed SQL queries to perform backend testing.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining Quality Center for all the defects found during the functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle.
• Tested New Features and their impact on existing functionality before each release.
• Presented use case scenarios and product behavior at Informatica World.
• Achieved 99% automation and high quality for the CICD model.
LEAD QA ENGINEER Informatica LLC, Redwood City CA 03/2004 – 03/2007 Responsibilities:
• Promoted to the role due to Subject Matter Expertise and leadership experience; to manage I18N cross functional teams’ initiatives, such as upgrading domain and pc repositories, for example, allowing customers to create a repository in UTF-8 encoding.
• Directed a team of 4 engineers and supported QA events through containment, root cause identification, and corrective action plan implementation.
• Designed, developed, and implemented upgrade path and process for Informatica powercenter/mercury customers
• Automated testcases for all features and increased QA productivity
• Helped in evaluating automation frameworks, improvising validation tests, introducing new tools inside automation frameworks for better end to end coverage of test scenarios
• Was promoted to a technical liaison role for customer escalations involving cross teams like Global Customer Support, RandD, presales for evaluating and helping in reproducing customer issues and
• Conducted requirements gathering sessions through formal and informal meetings and workshops. Conduct one- on-one or small group interview sessions to gather functional requirements in order to develop requirement documentation.
• Collaborated with field engineers and customers to discern and diagnose problems, following up with recommendations.
SENIOR SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER Informatica LLC, Redwood City CA 02/2002 – 03/2003 MALLESWARI NAGA
QA LEADER/PRODUCT LEAD
Successfully, performed root cause analysis and quickly resolved customer issues referred by Technical Support teams.
Tested multitude of features and automated testcases for the robust Informatica Powercenter Products.
Wrote detailed software test specifications and testcases for every feature and tested them with high quality.
Raised bugs, helped dev in bug repro and prioritized them with feature owners Software QA Engineer 01/2001 – 03/2004 Redwood City, CA
Ensured the high quality for many features in the Powercenter 5.x and 6.x releases.
Wrote detailed testcases for all the new features and tested to make sure product was of high quality
Particpated in beta testing of the features
• IIT KHARAGPUR Master of Technology, India
• Bachelors in Andhra University, India
Got award for 'Above and Beyond’ for my testing efforts
Got first prize in Hackathon for our innovative idea and execution FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
• End-to-end Functional
• End User Support
• Incident Management
• Leadership/Team Handling
• Process Improvement
• Quality Assurance
• Time Management
• Agile Scrum- Project Management
• Stakeholder Management
Quality Assurance Management
SME for multiple Products
Functional and Regression Testing
UAT and Scenario Testing
Agile and Scrum Methodologies
EMAIL ID/PHONE NO: email@example.com/510-***-****