Orland Park IL, *****
LinkedIn: Geodel50 – email@example.com
Sr. Systems & Networking Professional
More than 20 years in Systems Administration (Microsoft) and Technical Support. Over 6 years’ experience in telecommunications service.
In depth knowledge planning, installing, configuring and optimizing IT infrastructures to achieve high availability and performance.
Extensive knowledge with MS Servers 2003/2008/2012R2 & Active Directory
Extensive knowledge with MS Exchange Server 2010/2013 & MS SQL 2012/2014
Protocol knowledge: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPN
In depth knowledge of Anti-Virus Enterprise software, Backup & WSUS.
Experience with project management, project planning, coordinating and implementing technical projects.
Proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and save money with minimum supervision. Professional Experience
BEL-MAR WIRE Products POP Display Manufacturing - Chicago IL SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR, (Short Term Contract) (1/2017)
• Check and update a Windows File Server (Windows 2012R2).
• Updated workstations, created Print Servers and checked Anti-Virus systems. PC Masters Business Solutions and Systems (BSS) - Athens, Greece SYSTEMS CONSULTANT (6/2000 – 11/2016)
• Provided IT consulting for over 15 years by supporting small and middle size companies. Implementing various systems/network projects and supporting users. Software used/supported: MS Servers 2003/2008/2012R2, Exchange 2010/2013, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, Active Directory, Group Policies, VB Scripting, VPN.
• The latest projects were implemented using VMware ESXi 5.5/6.0 and VSphere/Vcenter.
• Interface with corporate management, customers and stakeholders for consulting and project management.
• Earned competitive jobs from clients due to proven experience delivering quality systems and solutions.
• Excellent organizational skills aid in writing detailed design and technical documentation.
• Enterprise Anti-Virus solutions (ESET, SYMANTEC). COSMOTE SA National Telecom Company - Athens, Greece SENIOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR/ENGINEER, Internet Services & IP/SAT TV Department (6/2008 – 7/2016)
• Leveraged advanced experience designing, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft technologies - Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Remote Desktop Server, WSUS.
• Supervised operations for the IP/SAT TV services.
• Install and configure IIS 7.0 on Windows 2012R2, folder permission, install certificates.
• Design and implemented the LAN for the BUS Company in Athens. Windows 2012 Servers with multiple Domain Controllers in different locations. Exchange Server 2010, Linux Proxy Server and Backup services.
• Support over 900+ users. Daily responsibilities included: check the log files, Active Directory and backup. Update servers and support users with every day issues.
• Install and configure Squid (proxy server), Syslog Server (LINUX RedHat) and DNS Server (in LINUX RedHat).
• Designing, deploying, and maintaining data network environments, including network servers (hardware and software), data protection, data backup, and data storage solutions (EMC VNX 5100/5300).
• Leveraged knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) technologies and products from IBM/Lenovo, DELL and EMC.
• Supervised the implementation of new IP TV platform (HUAWAY technology).
• Extensive testing of a new platform for mobile phones, iPads & Web TV.
• Analyzed logs and collected data to produce reports using LINUX (RedHat) operating system related to IP TV viewing. Using Perl to write multiple scripts.
• Leveraged Substantial knowledge of data protection and security solutions – Anti-Virus/Anti- Malware products
• Responsible for data backup solutions (Symantec/Veritas and Veeam). 9847 Treetop Dr
Orland Park IL, 60462
LinkedIn: Geodel50 – firstname.lastname@example.org
OTEnet SA Internet Provider - Athens, Greece
SYSTEMS/NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR, IT/Systems & After Sales Departments (12/1997 – 6/2008)
• Responsible for all WEB Servers (200+ Servers), SQL Servers and SAN Storage in the Data Center, using Microsoft IIS 5.0/6.0 and Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008R2.
• Experience working in networking environments, including configuration and management of Cisco switches, routers, and ASA security devices. Access lists, IPsec, VPN, Protocols used: MPLS, BGP, OSFP.
• Designed and implemented networks for OTEnet customers using Windows platform. Windows Server 2003/2008 & Exchange Server 2000/2003. Active Directory, Group Policies, profiles, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Logon Scripts and VPN.
• Team Leader responsible of 2nd & 3rd level Help Desk support for Systems and Network issues. Software used
“HP Service Desk” and Oracle Siebel. Supervised team installing and supporting network infrastructure to medium and large companies in Athens. Participate in tests of Disaster Recovery procedures.
• Team leader of Web Administrators, responsible for systems monitor (NAGIOS) and tuning services. Prepared recommendations for hardware & software upgrades or system changes to support 7x24 hour system availability and acceptable system response time objectives.
• Responsible for the creation of the new Data Center, including: Wiring/cables, racks, electrical infrastructure with UPS and Backup Generators, Air Conditioning and ISO certifications.
• Leveraged expert knowledge of Network troubleshooting TCP/IP, VLANS, routing, IPsec, and trunking. Manage and guide new engineers with day-to-day issues.
• Responsible for the development and monthly reporting of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) for the Greek Government Network/Systems (LDAP, DNS & MAIL Services).
• Troubleshooting: Rectified many issues by instituting best practices in system log analysis, backups, network operating center security, user account/permissions management and systems/software auditing.
• Team Leader for designing and implementing, as well as optimizing system performance, installing upgrades/patches, establishing system monitoring and maintaining security protocols. Dun & Bradstreet AC NIELSEN - Northbrook, IL USA / Oxford, UK / Brussels, Belgium SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST/PROGRAMMER, International Finance (1/1990 – 2/1996)
• Specialized in Office Automation. Responsible for technical assistance to all European countries.
• Traveled to Cyprus and Eastern European countries to introduce & train local personnel in the financial system
• Administration and configuration MS Mail for International Finance users.
• Member of a team that moved the centralized financial software to Europe. Oakton Community College - Des Plaines, IL USA
LECTURER FOR MATH AND COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT (6/1991 – 12/1991)
• Taught college courses such as Turbo Pascal, FORTRAN and “C” to freshman students during the summer and fall semester. Preparation and evaluation of mid-term and final examinations. Education & Training
Roosevelt University Chicago, Illinois
Master of Science in Computing and Information Science Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Minor: Physics Technical Certifications
Illinois Technical College - Diploma/Certificate of PC Computer Technician Computer Associates International, Inc. (CA Inc.)
CA ARCserve Backup for Windows r12/5 - Implementation 200 Exam CA XOsoft High Availability r12/5 - Implementation 200 Exam CA XOsoft Replication r12/5 - Implementation 200 Exam
Windows System Administrator and Security Engineer
Bellevue, WA - azure, powershell, directory, windows server,...
Senior Buyer, Material Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, SCM, SAP
Canada, Oakville, ON - mm, sap, procurement, 9001, spare, materials,...
Desktop Support Software
Houston, TX - desktop support, desktop, remote, migration,...
Harvest, AL - facility, process engineer, 9001, manufacturing,...
Wichita, KS - sccm, desktop support, pos, migration, desktop,...
Desktop Support Manager
Lowell, MA - desktop support, desktop, migration, configuration,...
Systems Engineer or Systems Administrator or Desktop Support Tech
Concord, NC - powershell, azure, vmware, sccm, citrix,...