ELIZABETH I. DIAZ, CPA
Pompano Beach, Florida Cell: (754) ***-****
AutoNation – Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 8/16 – 12/16
$21 billion largest automotive retailer in the United States and is the leading provider of new and pre-owned vehicles.
Consultant / Financial Analyst
Prepared IT finance department budget.
• Analyzed IT cost and prepared IT store budget.
• Prepared JE and reconciliations.
• Review store agreements / prepared cost projection. Office Depot / OfficeMax – Boca Raton, FL. 04/14 – 02/15
$16 billion global supplier of office products and services to consumers and businesses in 56 countries. Consultant/Sr. Accountant
Member of the lift and shift inventory control transition team relating to the merger of OfficeMax to Office Depot.
• Prepared inventory report by downloading various reports from SAP to summarize total inventory at month end.
• Prepared margin report analyzing accuracy and categorizing by item cost.
• Prepared stock on hand report.
• Prepared consignment report reconciliations and worked closely with vendors to resolve any discrepancies.
• Reviewed inventory obsolescence with management and would forward to appropriate department for system upload.
• Would assist assigned clerk, when necessary, with store pricing / inventory issues by resolving and closing help tickets.
Dockwise Yacht Transport LLC – Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 03/10 – 10/13
$32 million company providing luxury yacht transportation to the Caribbean, East Coast Americas, Mediterranean and South Pacific.
Manager – Finance & Control
Executive Management Team member responsibilities include all financial, IT, Human Resources and Office Management, specifically financial reporting, performance analysis, strategic planning.
• Implemented time-management and task efficiencies eliminating 1 FTE saving 70K.
• Developed and created budget to summarize and forecast activities and financial position based on historical, current and future operations.
• Increase awareness for fuel contract negotiation in order to stabilize cost saving 10% YTD.
• Implemented balance sheet reconciliations and modified project accounting spreadsheets cutting 1 2 FTE.
• Developed and implemented budget upload into accounting system maximizing monthly real time actual to budget comparison.
• Consolidated Italy operations in Financial and Management reports.
• Prepaid, accruals, fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliations.
• Implemented fire wall minimizing potential security breach. Electrolux Professional Inc. – Hollywood, FL. 03/07 - 03/10
$18 billion consumer and professional appliances company including brands such as Electrolux, Frigidaire, AEG and Eureka.
Direct analysis and decision support for sector financial position and planning for $32MM Electrolux North and South America Professional Products division.
• Preparation and presentation analytics that summarize and forecast activities and financial position in areas of income, expense and earnings based on historical, current and future operations. ELIZABETH I. DIAZ, CPA Pg. 2
• Identify KPI’s of variances to forecast/annual plan to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, assess performance against budget, and analyze operating effectiveness of current results.
• Concur implementation including, end-user training and change management. Achieved travel cost saving of 30% and 10% savings on credit card late fees.
• Automated financial reporting by creating spreadsheets saving 1/2 FTE.
• Developed inventory reports to LIFO reflecting inventory values of 10MM. Analyzed shipping cost, communicated areas of improvement to logistic manager saving 20% by increasing efficiency improved planning reducing air to sea transportation.
• Investigated increase product warranty cost. Reported major product repair issues to upper management leading to decreased warranty cost by 8% with manufacturing corrective measures in place.
• Developed departmental revenue vs. cost spreadsheet analyzing profit or lost per FTE. Kirk Pharmaceuticals, LLC. – Fort Lauderdale, FL. 12/05 - 2/07
$14.6 million developer and manufacture of over the counter and Rx pharmaceuticals, and dietary supplement. Senior Accountant / Supervisor
Accountable for overseeing the accounting and human resource departments of the company, to include the production of monthly financial reports and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards.
• Prepared financial statements, working capital report, and month end analysis reports.
• Balance sheet and income statement analysis, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
• Oversee the general accounting functions including account receivables and accounts payable.
• Oversee all human resources duties including payroll processing (Paycheck), human resources, and benefits.
• Organize quarterly inventory count, reporting and cost.
• Evaluated, analyzed and implemented accounting procedures.
• Carried out internal audits to ensure GAAP compliance and operational efficiency/accuracy.
• Worked directly with CEO and Controller on special projects.
• Assist with the annual budget process and yearend audit.
• Staff training and development.
SAP Business Objects
Lawson Global Intercompany Payment System
PRMS (AS-400) Google Product Suite
Mas 90 Concur
Exact Globe, Exact Synergy WebRace
ALERE Warranty Central
Microsoft Office (PowerPoint/Excel/Word/Outlook)
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES
Certified Public Accountant License - FL.
Certificate of Accomplishment, H&R Block.
Real Estate License – Fl.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting. Florida Atlantic University - Boca Raton, FL.
Fluent in English and Spanish.
Bakersfield, CA - piping, refinery, implemented, design, field,...
Customer Service Sales
Chicago, IL - packer, forklift, shipments, supplies, areas,...
Customer Service, Technical Support, Operations Manager
Oceanside, CA - implemented, service engineer, technical,...
Software Engineer Computer Science
Cincinnati, OH - j2ee, azure, android, aws, oracle, api, ajax, java,...
Oracle Data Base Administrator
Chicago, IL - dba, oracle, database, pl, administrator, scripts,...
Service Technician Sheet Metal
Fort Lauderdale, FL - hvac, service technician, conditioning,...
Fort Lauderdale, FL - accounting manager, accountant, accounting,...