Kirk E. DuMont
Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
• Successful, top performing Sales Manager experienced in leading, developing and coaching sales managers and sales staff in the pharmaceutical industry
• Experience includes multiple successful product launches
• Managed sales teams and operations for branded and generic pharmaceuticals as well as hospital and physician-based clients
• Consistently met and exceeded goals in a constantly changing, fast-paced competitive environment
• Proven ability to analyze needs, build rapport with clients and collaborate with marketing, information technology and finance departments
• Successfully developed and designed strategic and tactical plans that increased sales and profits
• Recognized for success in training and developing staff PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Kaleo, Richmond, VA 2016 – 2017
Area Sales Manager
As Area Sales Manager, responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising performance of 8 Medical Sales Specialist.
Promoting Evzio (Injection) for opioid induced respiratory depression to Pain Specialists, Addiction Physicians and Addiction Centers.
Utilized and interacted with specialty pharmacies Covidien / Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, St Louis, MO 2010 –2015 Regional Sales Manager – Pittsburgh
• As Regional Manager, responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising performance of 10 specialty territory sales managers. Promoted / Launched Exalgo, Pennsaid, Xartemis XR & Ofirmev to Hospitals, Surgical Centers, Pain Specialists, Oncologists, Orthopedics, Neurologists, Plastic, General Surgeons, Urology, Rheumatologists and Internal Medicine
• Executed successful launch for Exalgo and Pennsaid in fiscal 2010
• Exceeded Region sales objectives for Exalgo and Pennsaid for fiscal year 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
• Finished in the top 30% for fiscal 2010 & 2011
• District rank #10/24 in 2012, #4/20 in 2013 and #2/20 in 2014 Alpharma Pharmaceuticals, Bridgewater, NJ 2006 -2009 Regional Manager – Pittsburgh North
• As Regional Manager, responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising performance of 11 specialty territory sales managers. Promoted Kadian and Flector Patch to Pain Specialists, Oncologists, Orthopedics, Neurologists and Rheumatologists
• Directed district efforts to implement promotional and marketing programs; interacted with division counterparts to coordinate integrated customer activity and programs
• Coached, counseled and inspired specialty territory managers to develop their competencies aimed at meeting or exceeding standards of performance
• Executed successful launch for Flector Patch and finished 121% to goal
• Exceeded Region sales projections for fiscal year 2007 & 2008 - 103% & 110% respectively Mylan Bertek Pharmaceuticals, Morgantown, WV - (Company was dissolved) 1996 –2006 Regional Sales Director – Western Division (2001 – 2005)
• Primary focus was for products in the following disciplines: Neurology, Cardiovascular, Dermatology, Primary Care Physicians, Psychiatry and Gastroenterology
• As Regional Sales Director, directed, developed and managed seven regional sales managers and 62 territory sales managers
• Set objectives, coached / mentored, assessed performance and addressed skill development for direct reports
• Strategically led the western division to meet / exceed sales goals and objectives by 3%
• Exceeded divisional sales projections three consecutive years
• Led the company in sales for the launch of Apokyn, a subcutaneous injectable
• Mentored three regional sales managers who were promoted within the company Director – Sales Operations (2000 – 2001)
• Collaborated with all departments within the company - Vice President of Sales, marketing, training, finance, managed care, regional sales directors and field sales team
• Created a cross-functional task force to assist in developing a sales force automation system resulting in real time information on sales activity that increased efficiencies and time management
• Developed quotas and pay plans that adapted as necessary to changes in the market
• Served as liaison between sales force and home office for product promotions and incentive programs/contests
• Provided accurate information to marketing for forecasting to meet sales objectives
• Introduced, trained and implemented Gelco expense system to the territory sales managers, regional sales managers and divisional directors
• Developed programs to educate sales force on Prescription Drug Marketing Act of 1987 (PDMA) issues and product samples
• Initiated the compliance with all Office of Internal General (OIG) / Pharmaceutical guidelines
• Collaborated with corporate staff to plan National, Divisional and Regional Meetings Regional Sales Manager – Mid-East Region (1996 – 2000)
• Responsible for meeting and exceeding all assigned sales goals for all product categories
• Led the successful transformation of the Mid-East Region from an institutional-based sales team, to a Physician office-based group
• Four direct reports achieved Chairman’s Club in fiscal 1999 – Top 10 % in the company
• Exceeded regional sales projections four consecutive years and won several sales contests
• District received the Cup of Excellence in 1998 and 1999 - top district in the company; unprecedented in the company
• Mentored five territory sales managers who were promoted Dow B. Hickam, Inc., Sugarland, TX – (Mylan Bertek Purchased Dow B. Hickam Inc in 1996) 1988 –1996 Regional Sales Manager – Mid-East Region (1994 – 1996)
• As Regional Sales Manager, managed recruiting, hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising performance of 10 territory sales managers
• Exceeded regional sales projections two consecutive years and won several sales contests
• Increased sales and market share of assigned burn and wound care products to hospitals, physicians, plastic surgeons, nursing homes, pharmacies and wholesalers
• Directed region efforts to implement promotional and marketing programs; interacted with division counterparts to coordinate integrated customer activity and programs Territory Sales Manager, Field Sales Trainer (1988 – 1994)
• Marketed burn and wound care products to hospitals, plastic surgeons, cardio thoracic physicians, primary care physicians, nursing homes, pharmacies and wholesalers
• Successfully managed and consistently increased sales in the Western Pennsylvania territory by building strategic relationships and turning physicians into advocates
• Selected to train, develop, and mentor approximately 20 new hires in the field
• President’s Club 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993
• Exceeded 100% of overall quota for five consecutive years
• Chairman’s Club 1989 and 1993
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• BS, Business Administration – Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA
• Advanced Achievement Leadership – Dr. Gerald D. Bell – 2005
• Raise the Bar – Quantum Education – 2005
Sales Account Executive
Mount Olive Township, NJ - areas, surgery, award, surgical, one, physician,...
Key Account Executive
Wadsworth, OH - laboratory, account executive, physician, medicine,...
Power Plant Software Developer
India, Chennai, TN - solar, software developer, developer, scada, visit,...
Warehouse Manager, office clerk
Newark, DE - mailroom, depot, home depot, warehouse manager,...
Customer Service Sales
New Albany, OH - radiology, veterinary, references, procedures,...
Professional Experience Mechanical
Dayton, TN - piping, supervision, superintendent, duct, monitor,...
Philippines - corporation, planner, plastic, metro, contact,...