RIDHWAN KHALID MIRZA **** E Lindsey St., Apt B, Norman, OK, 73071
Visa Status: F-1 (OPT) email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Languages: English, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic Mobile: +1-779-***-**** Job Location Preference: Anywhere in USA
To secure a position as a professional in a company where I could enhance my knowledge and gain experience with dedication in industry.
• Simulation Tools: HFSS, FEKO,CST, Multisim, Xilinx ISE, MATLAB, Express PCB, Altium, Agilent ADS, Solid Works.
• Instrumental Proficiency in: Impedance Analyzers, Network Analyzer (PNA), Spectrum Analyzers, Power Amplifiers, Signal Generators (Low to High Frequencies), Power Supplies.
• Proficient in antenna design, fabrication and measurement in anechoic chambers. Understanding of microwave theory, circuit design and experience with fabrication of PCB Boards.
• Hardware Description Languages: Verilog, VHDL
• Assembly Languages: Microprocessors and Microcontrollers-(8086,8085,8051,ARM,SHARC).
• Software packages: Visual Studio, MS Office, Multisim, Xilinx ISE, MATLAB, Express PCB, Altium, Agilent ADS, Microsoft Visio
• Execution of field tests, troubleshooting issues found and collecting key performance indicators on Agilent Device.
• Knowledge of GSM, UMTS and LTE technologies
• Understanding of digital communication systems, Multiplexing techniques, Modulation techniques, RF propagation, CDMA, OFDM, telecommunication concepts
• Understanding of Open System Interconnection (OSI) and different protocol stacks such as TCP, IP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6 etc.
• Experience with RF tools such as MapInfo Professional.
• IBM Cognos Reporting Tool: Exposure with design and development of large, complex and financial reporting.
• Programming Languages: C, C#, Basic Java, Python.
• Web Technologies: Asp.Net, HTML 5.
• Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX, Mac.
Intelligent Aerospace Radar Team (IART)- Advanced Radar Research Center (ARRC) Aug 2014-May 2016 Graduate Research Assistant
University of Oklahoma, Norman
• Designed a critical dual-polarized radiating element based on Electric and Magnetic Dipole Concept for Multifunction Phased Array Radars (MPAR). This involved design of antenna radiating elements using simulation tools such as HFSS, FEKO and CST, fabricate on PCB and test them in Near Field and Far Field Anechoic Chamber. The performance is inspected by analyzing gain, VSWR, I/O impedances, S-parameters, low cross-polar radiation patterns in elevation and azimuth.
• Experience with fabrication, soldering of Printed Circuit Boards and testing. Tools Used: ADS Agilent, Altium Designer.
• Developed a Ka Band (35 GHz) Radar System using Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) for Radio Frequency and Microwave Applications based on idea of cloud sensing detection of micro-physical particles. Designed the circuitry and system architecture based on Phase Locked Loops (PLL), Analog to Digital Converters (ADC), Digital to Analog Converters (DAC), power amplifiers, frequency multipliers and antennas.
• Accounting for transmission losses and link budget analysis for the RF Transceivers. Simtech India Pvt. Ltd, Aug –Dec 2013
Telecom Infrastructure and RF Engineer
• VoLTE/ LTE/ UMTS services testing using Apple and Android based devices.
• Travelling/Drive Testing to specific cell sites and performing relevant regression test during maintenance windows.
• Execution and modification of test plans/reports for various test scenarios.
• Perform site visits at local BTS, BSC to align the antenna for improved network performance.
• Responsible for collecting all drive test data to optimize the network and reduce drop calls, reduce interference level, ineffective attempts, blockage and increase through-puts connection.
• Provide troubleshooting testing support based on need.
• Gained Hands on experience and basic knowledge on Telecom Architecture, BTS, MSC, VLR, HLR etc. Intern at BSNL (Bharath Sanchar Nigam Ltd), India Jan – May 2013 Field experience on Tejas, ZTE equipment on Optical Fiber Communications, configuring speed, testing Bit Error Rate (BER) and Bandwidth between two stations.
Intern at Roboquest Ltd., India June 2011
• Worked on Artificial Intelligent Robots, Haptic Robots and DTMF (Dual Tone Multi-Frequency) operated Robots.
• Program the robots using ARM processors using embedded C language.
• Control the stepper and servo motors using analogue voltage signals using UART/ Serial connection and PWM. EDUCATION
• Master of Science in Electrical and Computer, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK. GPA-3.43 May 2016
• Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering GPA - 3.95/4 JNTU, India. May 2013 ACADEMIC PROJECTS
• Investigation of Electromagnetic Radiating Elements for low-Cross-Polarization Array Antennas, funded by NOAA-NSSL through grant #NA11OAR4320072 and my master’s thesis: Used HFSS and FEKO to design, simulate and test Loop (Magnetic Dipole) and Electric Dipole Elements operating in S-Band (2-4 GHz) with low cross pol characteristics for weather monitoring and MPAR (Multi- Function Phased Array Radar Applications).
• Concept Design and Feasibility studies for Ka Band, UAS Cloud Sensing Radar, funded by NASA through grant #NNX11AM10A: Designed Architecture for Ka Band Radar System based on Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) working at 35GHz for sensing cloud, rain and hail particles at ARRC, University of Oklahoma. The system was designed using Phase Locked Loops (PLL), Analog to Digital Converters (ADC), power amplifiers, multipliers and antennas.
• Configuration of Bandwidth between two stations using STM-16 (SDH) Systems along with Protection Path and testing with BER Meter: The thrust of this project was to configure the service provider’s architecture with principles of OFC (Optical Fiber Communication) and concept of SDH. This project involved the familiarization to STM-16 Tejas Equipment and Configuration of 155Mbps Bandwidth between two stations along with protection path.
• Laser Communication System: The project is an example of Free Space Fiber Optics Technology where beam is transmitted through free space. This works on Line of Sight Communication and can communicate wirelessly within a range of 500 meters. PUBLICATIONS
• Ridhwan Khalid Mirza, Yan Rockee Zhang, Dusan Zrnic and Richard Doviak, " Dual-Polarized Radiating Elements Based on Electromagnetic Dipole Concept", 37th Conference on Radar Meteorology, American Meteorological Society, Sept. 2015.
• Jingxiao Cai, Ridhwan Khalid Mirza, Yan Rockee Zhang, David Delene and Jeffery Tilley, "Concept Design and Feasibility Studies for Ka Band, UAS based Cloud Sensing Radar", 37th Conference on Radar Meteorology, American Meteorological Society, Sept. 2015.
• Ridhwan Khalid Mirza, Yan Rockee Zhang, Dusan Zrnic and Richard Doviak,” A Simple EM Dipole Radiating Element for Dual-Polarized Phased Array Weather Radars”, IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems and Technology,Oct 2016 (accepted) HONORS AND AWARDS
• Proposed a project design named “Air Base Environment Monitoring System” at Analog Design Contest (ADC) 2012 by Texas Instruments, India
• Presented a paper on Tele-Immersion held at National Level College Festival, India.
• Represented and Participated in ZTE workshop on Mobile Technologies at Bangalore, India, 2013 February.
• Acquired the certification for Telecom Infrastructure and RF Engineer.
• Selected for MATLAB workshop at Shadan College of Engineering and Technology, India.
• Completed i-touch Robotic arm course based on Robotic Arm Control and implementation of Intelligent Touch Sensation conducted by Technolophilia Systems in association with Robotics Academy of USA, February 2012, India.
• Received Certificate of Appreciation as an organizer and active participant in workshop at Android Application Development, March 2012.
• Good Learner at the workshop for backend designing of VLSI chips by Mentor Graphics.
• Awarded Best Literary Student for my outstanding Performance in literary Activities like Elocution and Essay writing Competitions in the year 2005.