Robert S. Peterson
Creative Director / Senior Graphic Designer
Web and Print Design In-House Project Management
Accomplished Graphic Design Professional with a proven history of leveraging creative leadership, technical design, and project management strengths to develop a wide range of print and web-based materials. Refined communicator, capable of establishing strong partnerships with diverse stakeholder groups to analyze needs, enforce corporate branding standards, and lead the development of high-profile printed publications, marketing and tradeshow collateral, signage, and brochures.
• Creative strategy • Project lifecycle management • Marketing communications
• Magazine / book design • Digital photography • Vector-based illustration
• Systems implementation • Budget / cost management • Typography
• Promotional / conceptualization • Branding and corporate identity • Digital asset management
Programs: Adobe Creative Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, Bridge, Acrobat; Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook; Prezi. Mac OS X and Windows 7 and 8.
Delivery: annual reports, catalogs, promotions, Web graphics, infographics, brochures, instructional materials, manuals, posters, book design, tradeshow graphics and displays, t-shirts, advertisements and other marketing materials
International Tradeshows. Spearheaded design and production of the graphics for the North Carolina Pavilion at the BIO International Convention over several years (2008-2013).
Corporate Branding/Identity. Led the development of concise, graphic brands for NCBiotech and CIS.
Social Media Strategy/Optimization. Enhanced web traffic to NCBiotech-affiliated sites on LinkedIn and Facebook by posting relevant links on four separate social media sites. Utilized online tools as a means of gathering metrics.
Awards. Garnered PICA Gold awards for 2005 and 2006 for 1-3 color Annual Reports.
Magazine/Journal Design. Managed the design and production of AIArchitect for the American Institute of Architects; a two-color, monthly 24-page journal distributed to approximately 60,000+ members.
Graphic Design, Principal
Long Rider Design, Cary, NC 07/1995 – Present
Establishes relationships with businesses and organizations to understand design needs and craft print and web-based solutions within specified timelines; clients include EOS Remediation, the Association of Governing Boards, the Institute of Forest Biotechnology and Triangle Off-Road Cyclists (TORC).
• Book design for the Association of Governing Boards and the Institute of Forest Biotechnology.
• Brochures and newsletters for the Institute of Forest Biotechnology.
• Display design for EOS Remediation, Solutions-ITS, Carolina Electronic Assemblers.
• Event materials including posters for Fat Tire Festival (2006-2009, 2014), marketing materials for for BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington (BMWBMW) and BMW Tarheel Travelers of NC.
• Promotional materials like dye-sublimation printed bicycle jerseys for TORC, silk-screened tee shirt designs for TORC, BMWBMW, BMW Tarheel Travelers of NC, enamel pins for BMWBMW and Tarheel Travelers.
Lead Creative Services Ops Specialist
CIS by Deloitte, Morrisville, NC 07/2015 – 04/2016
Continuing in my role as associate creative director for CIS after acquisition by Deloitte in July 2015. Work has included mastering Deloitte style for print and online media; rebranding all print collateral as well as digital assets for our website and client presentations; and guiding staff’s understanding Deloitte’s graphic standards.
Associate Creative Director
Compliance Implementation Services (CIS), Morrisville, NC 03/2014 – 07/2015
Managing the design development of marketing materials for a growing for-profit corporation; included responsibility for the design and production of a variety of materials spanning print and web design, tradeshow displays, special event collateral, as well as internal and external marketing publications.
• Provided project management and fulfillment of design projects as a member of Marketing department
• Redesigned current brand identity in 2015 including updating numerous publications and templates, redesigned the tradeshow displays and updated the look and feel of two websites: cis-pcx.com and cis-partners.com
Graphic Design Director
North Carolina Biotechnology Center, Research Triangle Park, NC 09/1998 – 08/2013
Oversaw the creative strategy and artistic development of all materials for a state-funded, non-profit organization; included responsibility for a wide variety of materials spanning print and online marketing materials, special event collateral and tradeshow materials, as well as internal and externally-directed publications.
• Partnered with senior leadership, internal business units, and outside stakeholders to understand needs, provide consultation, and recommend design strategies that balance cost and visual appeal.
• Provided lifecycle project management on all design projects in partnership with Corporate Communications; included responsibility for estimating cost, resource requirements, timelines, and review cycles.
• Forged strong business relationships with a number of local and regional print and design-service vendors.
• Enforced corporate brand identity by guiding the development and implementation of user-friendly style guides, templates, letterhead, and format paper.
North Carolina State University, School of Design
Bachelor of Environmental Design in Visual Design (BED-V)
Grinnell Institute, Leadership JumpStart
UNC School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Multimedia Bootcamp
American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
Triangle Off Road Cyclists (SORBA chapter of IMBA)