Resume – Daphne Walker
DAPHNE ANN WALKER
Panorama Village, TX 77318
Full Charge Bookkeeper (25 + years) with strong emphasis in non profit and governmental accounting with experience in supporting management levels. Proficient in financial reporting, banking reconciliations, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, payroll reporting assets/depreciation, contracts and budgets. SKILLS
Proficient in computerized software programs such as QuickBooks Pro 2012; Solomon Accounting; BPI accounting; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Knowledgeable in Peachtree Accounting and Lotus 123. SUMMARY OF STRENGTHS
• Possess a strong degree of discretion, integrity, and honesty in managing highly confidential information;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work independently and within teams;
• Friendly attitude, get along well with people;
• Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Experience working in a fast paced environment that requires discretion, diplomacy and judgment.
• Graduate of Conroe High School
• Emphasis in accounting classes for two years at Conroe High School with an A average
• Many CEU in accounting courses from Texas A&M and Sam Houston State University. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Lone Star Groundwater Conservation District, Conroe, TX Full Charge Bookkeeper
November 17, 2006 to April 1, 2014
• Provided high level accounting support to General Manager, Treasurer and the Board of Directors. Generated and prepared financial statements, all phases of banking, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, payroll reports, quarterly investment reports and helped in preparation of budgets.
Resume – Daphne Walker
Page 2 of 2
• Maintain contracts, prepared the request for proposals on bids for furniture, autos, banking and audits.
• Worked closely with auditors on annual audits.
Allied Power Mart, Inc (Kubota Tractor Dealership), Conroe, TX Full Charge Bookkeeper & Office Manager
July 1 2000 to February 28, 2002
• Prepared financials, journal entries, depreciations schedules, Banking, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Maintained Assets, Payroll, Federal & State payroll reports, Franchise Reports, Sales Tax Reports,
• Worked closely with auditor on annual audits and prepared federal tax return.
• Supervised office staff consisted of 4 to 5 employees. Montgomery County Youth Services, Inc. (Non-Profit Organization), Conroe, TX (30 Hrs Week)
Full Charge Bookkeeper
October 1, 1985 to January 16, 2000
• Prepared financials, hand set general ledger and sub-ledgers then setting up computerized system. Banking, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Federal & State payroll reports,
• Worked closely with auditor on annual audits and federal tax return 990 for non profits.
• Supervised one other staff member in accounting. John W. Horn, CPA, Conroe, TX (Part-time – 15 hrs week) Full Charge Bookkeeper and tax preparer
January 1989 to September 1995
• Bookkeeping and tax returns for Corporations, S. Corporations, Non-Profit Corporations and DBA accounts.
Energy Services & Southfork Energy (Work Over Rigs - Oil Company), Conroe, TX Full Charge Bookkeeper and Office Manager
August 1, 1979 to June 30, 1985
• Prepared financials, Banking, Costing Accounting Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Payroll (125 employees), Federal and State Payroll Reports, Franchise Taxes, Sales Tax Reports,
• Worked closely with Controller on bids and costing of jobs.
• Supervised two (2) staff account clerks and accounting clerks in two (2) satellite offices. References furnished upon request