*** ********* *****, *******, **** Scotia B4A 0B1
• Experience in completing financial audit and financial analysis.
• Well versed in working on multiple tasks efficiently and on time, both individually and in teams.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word Education
Bachelor of Commerce Co-op, Major in Finance, Minor in Economics Candidate 2017 Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada High School Diploma
The American School of Doha, Doha, Qatar Graduated 2013 High School Awards:
H20 Award Received 2013
• Received this award and 1,000 US dollars for being the most involved student in the American School of Doha community among the grade 12 class.
Previous Work Experience
Financial & Policy Analyst September – December 2016 Department of Municipal Affairs, Government of Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia
• Reviewed and Analyzed Statements of Estimates and Financial Information Reports.
• Completed Financial Condition Index calculations for purposes of Financial Analysis
• Created external and internal reports regarding Uncollected Taxes Management Consulting Co-op January – April, 2015
KPMG LLP, Qatar Office, Doha, Qatar
• Collected and analyzed data on customer demographics, preferences, and needs to identify potential markets.
• Prepared reports of findings, illustrated data graphically and translated complex findings into written text.
• Consolidated issue log on implementation of ERP system for client users.
• Prepared presentations and minutes for client discussions and official meetings using Microsoft Office applications.
• Collected and managed financial reports to analyze certain market strengths for clients.
• Measured and assessed client satisfaction.
Baseball umpire September, 2012– June, 2013
Qatar Little League, Doha, Qatar
• Officiated at various baseball tournaments to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed.
• Judged performances during games in order to award points, impose scoring penalties, and determine results.
• Kept track of game schedules during tournaments.
• Made fast paced, firm decisions.
Extra Curricular Activities
Dalhousie Investment Society (DALIS) Member (Foreign Exchange) Sept 2014 - Present Dalhousie Investment Society, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
• Discussed current global events with other group members to make decisions on currency actions. Certifications through DALIS:
• Granted access to Bloomberg terminals for the purpose of research in DALIS and personal trading. Executive Member- Head of Tech Sept, 2010- June, 2013 Varsity Club Council, Athletics Department, American School of Doha, Doha, Qatar
• Cooperated with different executive members to coordinate different sporting events with the objective of providing a welcoming community for visiting teams from different countries
• Furthered experience in the use of IT equipment at sporting events such as soundboards, Light boards, scoreboards and broadcasting systems
Vice President Sept, 2012 – Nov, 2013
Model United Nations, American School of Doha, Doha, Qatar
• Aided students to improve their writing skills for resolutions and public speaking skills for use in conferences.
• Attended 4 Model United Nations conferences in Doha, Qatar, Beijing, China and Singapore, Singapore. Volunteer Experience
5 Days for the Homeless, Dalhousie Commerce Society, Halifax, Nova Scotia March, 2016
• Accomplished goal of fundraising over 12,000 Dollars for Phoenix Youth Program, a local youth facility that serves at-risk youth in Halifax.
Orientation Week Leader September, 2013
Dalhousie Student Union Orientation Week, Halifax, Nova Scotia
• Cooperated with other leaders and committee members to coordinate and run events through the first week of September
• Served as a leader to 60 new students by helping them adjust through this difficult transition. General Volunteer
Feed Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia
• Contributed my services to Feed Nova Scotia by completing several tasks such as sorting, weighing, and packing food to be distributed across Nova Scotia.
• Cooperated with peers and roamed around the city of Halifax, collecting non-perishable food.