MARK F. BRUNSTETTER
West Chester, PA 19380
• 15 years of safety & security management experience with $4.35 billion NASDAQ company.
• Managed safety and security for headquarters location, involving 1 million sq. ft. of space, as well as 17 remote facilities located throughout the U.S.
• Selected, hired, trained and certified 25 security officers in 60 days involved in converting the security organization from an outsourced vendor to company employees.
• 11 years of operations management experience, including P & L responsibility, with security systems companies involving staffs of up to 13 personnel and operating budgets of up to $2.5 million. EXPERIENCE
CERNER (Formerly Siemens Healthcare) Malvern, PA
$4.35 billion NASDAQ company designs, develops and markets health care information technology internationally. Security & Safety Manager 2000 - 2015
Responsible for safety and security of headquarters location and 17 remote locations in the U.S. Accomplishments in Safety and Security are shown below:
• Managed security for eight building complex at headquarters location involving 1 million sq. ft. of space.
- Remotely managed security for two manufacturing facilities and 15 sales offices located throughout the U.S.
• Managed installation of the following sophisticated security systems: Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Metal Detection System XRay Belt & Portal Card Access Systems Mass Notification System
• Created security command center that maintained 365/24/7 oversight of company facilities in the U.S.
• Managed annual capital and operating budget of $3.1 million and a staff of up to 25 security personnel. Safety:
• Maintained company’s Safety Data Sheet (SDS) library in accordance with OSHA regulations.
• Investigated all accidents on company property and submitted report to Human Resources.
• Established procedures for vendor certification, which included background checks and drug testing.
• Conducted annual training for Emergency Evacuation and Accountability of all company facilities. Significant Accomplishments/Special Responsibilities:
• Managed conversion of security personnel from an outsourced vendor to company employees.
- Screened, hired, trained and certified 25 Security Officers in 60 days.
• Represented company in numerous court proceedings involving the following crimes: Embezzlement Fraud Theft
Work Place Injuries
SIMPLEX/GRINNELL (Subsidiary of Tyco International) West Chester, PA Company provides active fire protection and communications systems and testing, inspection and maintenance services. Operations Manager 1997 - 2000
Responsible for managing daily operation, including P & L responsibility, of company that installs emergency evacuation systems.
• Managed staff of 13 personnel and an operating budget of $2.5 million.
• Met of exceeded revenue and profitability goals each year for three consecutive years.
• Oversaw installation of emergency evacuation systems with the following high profile customers, among others: Temple University Loews Hotel Corp. Marriott Corporation Philadelphia International Airport Government Services Admin. (GSA) Main Line Health
• Performed on-site inspections of completed installation and provided certification of system working closely with Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
• Provided monthly production, customer satisfaction and inventory reports to senior management. Résumé of Mark F. Brunstetter, Page Two
THE PROTECTION BUREAU (1987 - 1997) Exton, PA
Company provides a wide variety of electronic security solutions, including fire and intrusion systems. Operations Manager 1989 - 1997
Responsible for managing daily operation, including P & L responsibility, of company that installs commercial and residential alarm systems.
• Managed staff of 13 personnel and an operating budget of $1 million.
• Met of exceeded revenue and profitability goals each year for eight consecutive years.
• Oversaw planning and successful installation of alarm system projects valued up to $1.2 million.
• Managed installation for U.S. government agencies requiring meeting strict military specifications.
• Oversaw successful installation of alarm systems with the following high profile customers, among others: Nabisco Shared Medical Systems U.S. Navy
Government Services Administration (GSA) Philadelphia School System Scott Paper Alarm Technician 1987 - 1989
CHESTER COUNTY West Chester, PA
Dispatcher - Department of Emergency Services 1978 - 1987 Responsible for dispatching emergency equipment for 73 municipalities in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Award: Received Citation from Chester County Board of Commissioners for successfully negotiating release of persons being held in a hostage Incident, 1981. CERTIFICATIONS
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Chester County Dept. of Emergency Services 1980 - Present Emergency Vehicle Operations Certification, Chester County Dept. of Emergency Services 1986 - Present Fire Alarm Design - Level II, National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) 1998 - Present Fire Alarm Engineer - Level II, National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) 1998 - Present Certified Fire Fighter, Level I & II, Chester County Dept. of Emergency Services 2009 - Present Act 235 Certified, Pennsylvania State Police 2015 - Present CPR/AED Certified, American Red Cross 2015 - Present CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Managing Outward Aggressive Behavior, Department of Homeland Security 2014 Active Shooter Training, Department of Homeland Security 2014 Threat Detection, Department of Homeland Security 2014 OSHA 30 Hour Course, OSHA 2011
Managing Difficult People, Dale Carnegie 2005
How to Write Performance Appraisals, Dale Carnegie 2005 VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
East Whiteland Fire Company, Frazer, PA 2010 - Present Chairman of Board of Directors, 2010 - 2015
Firefighter/EMT, Downingtown Volunteer Fire Department, Downingtown, PA 1995 - 2010 Firefighter of the Year Award, 1997
Liberal Arts/Physical Education Curriculum, West Chester University, West Chester, PA 1977