Hello! I am Zaheda Rahman, and I am seeking professional alignment with a
diverse, dynamic organization that will benefit from my interpersonal skills and strong work ethic. I am cGMP and GDP compliant, and a licensed NHA Phlebotomist. EDUCATION
January 2015 - May 2016
NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY RALEIGH, NC
M.S. Physiology Relevant Coursework: Global Regulatory Affairs, Biochemistry of Gene Expression, Environmental Microbiology, Human Physiology
August 2014 – September 2014
BRITE SUN HEALTH CENTER RALEIGH, NC
Certified NHA Phlebotomy License Completed 100 successful sticks, trained in butterfly and straight needle, finger sticks.
August 2008 – May 2013
DUKE UNIVERSITY DURHAM, NC
B.S. Neuroscience, B.A. African & African American Studies (AAAS) September 2002 – June 2008
THE BREARLEY SCHOOL NEW YORK, NY
High School Kunz Art Award Recipient 2004 – 2008
Senior Science Achievement Award Recipient 2008
MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Prezi, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Windows and Apple Operating Systems.
Fluent in English and Bengali (native). Conversational in German and Spanish. June 2014 – August 2014
DUKE UNIVERSITY TALENT IDENTIFICATION PROGRAM DURHAM, NC Residential Counselor/Program Assistant
• Served as a residential program assistant for gifted high school students aged 13-16 in rigorous academic summer program.
• Worked closely with On-Site Director and Residential Program Director to facilitate daily program updates and changes, handling high volume clerical correspondence.
• Lead the technology committee handling yearbook and slideshow.
• Constructed and taught diversity programs.
• Coached and supported students through academic and social stress. August 2010 – May 2012
DUKE UNIVERSITY TALENT IDENTIFICATION PROGRAM DURHAM, NC Residential Assistant
• Responsible for developing community and a positive and productive work/living environment.
• Collaborated with peers and a diverse range of organizations to create and coordinate programs targeted towards meeting the needs of residents and goals set by supervisors.
• Promptly prepared detailed incident and room condition reports (RCRs) as per university policy.
• Fielded questions from parents to inform them of HDRL policy to help child.
• Provided counseling and mediation in times of crisis and intervention.
• Enforced university policy, speaking to students who had violated policy to prevent recidivism.
• Prepared regular email and Facebook bulletins informing students of on-campus opportunities.
• Responded swiftly to resident concerns and correspondence.
• Disseminated information from departmental directors to peers and subordinates.
• Interviewed potential RA candidates.
email@example.com • 646-***-**** • 101 Pinegate Cir, Apt 1 • Chapel Hill, NC 27514 WORK EXPERIENCE
August 2009 – May 2012
KNOW YOUR STATUS DUKE UNIVERSITY, DURHAM, NC
• Offered confidential HIV testing, counseling, and education to the Duke University community.
• Interviewed test-takers about lifestyle and sexual habits in order to determine risk of exposure.
• Provided suggestions and solutions to test-takers targeted towards minimizing risk of HIV exposure.
• Maintained records of procedures as per district policy and patient confidentiality guidelines. January 2011 – February 2012
PANHELLENIC ASSOCIATION DUKE UNIVERSITY, DURHAM, NC Executive Vice President of Risk Management and New Member Education
• Worked directly with the Risk Management, New Member Education, and Member Education chairs of each sorority chapter to ensure that chapter risk and education run smoothly and meet standards.
• Provided support system in addressing social, academic, and other risk behaviors of members.
• Reviewed scholarship applications and identified appropriate candidates using established criteria.
• Created and edited new scholarship applications to assist Panhellenic women with semester dues.
• Interviewed candidates for Executive Vice President positions with the Panhellenic Association.
• Maintained contact with sororities and Interfraternity Council to keep organizations abreast of policy.
• Recommended appropriate disciplinary actions for policy transgressions, enforcing policy as needed.
• Developed and transitioned new policy initiatives on sorority housing and Greek drinking traditions
(progressives) after liaising with university officials and Panhellenic women.
• Planned and executed the Panhellenic New Member Education event.
• Enforced national guidelines on new member education through each sorority. August 2010 – May 2012
SATHY EYE CLINIC RAYAVARAM, TAMIL NADU, INDIA
• Co-founded Sathy Eye Clinic to offer quality eye care to the rural population of Rayavaram, India.
• Wrote and edited federal and private grant proposals.
• Created and edited informational brochures in order to raise funds from private individuals.
• Coordinated healthcare education for select high school women to achieve clinic sustainability. May 2008 – May 2010
NEW YORK PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL NEW YORK, NY
Children’s Emergency Room Volunteer
• Supported hospital staff by interacting with patrons, and performing other duties as delegated.
• Served as liaison between hospital staff, doctors, parents and patients.
• Assisted with registration of patients, transportation of patients to different floors, and maintenance. January 2007 – May 2013
M.R. NEWSSTAND NEW YORK, NY
• Assisted with clerical duties such as faxing, maintain budgets and spreadsheets and authoring correspondence business letters.
• Managed office space and upkeep
• Supported owner by creating, maintaining and finalizing business plans and expansion ventures. WORK EXPERIENCE