The Home Depot, Store 0132, Carrollton, GA
Customer Service Greeter – March 2016 - Present
Greet Customers as they enter the store and provide merchandise location assistance.
Pathways Center 52 Perry St, Newnan, GA 30263
Social Services Tech – Lagrange, GA – July, 2015 – March 2016
Provide counseling and guidance to consumers admitted to crisis stabilization unit.
Semi-Retired – Newnan, GA – October, 2014 – July, 2015
Planned to retire early, familial situation required a change in plans. Now have new 10-year work plan.
AAA Cooper Transportation 1751 Kinsey St, Dothan, AL 36303
Site Manager - Dedicated
AAA Transportation - Newnan, GA – October, 2009 to October, 2014
- Manage 40+ drivers and support staff at locations in Newnan, GA, Carthage, TN and Kentland, IN in the weekly
transportation and delivery of 2.4 million lbs of freight.
- Manage maintenance staff at truck/trailer shops in Newnan, GA and Carthage, TN providing weekly and
demand maintenance on 40 semi trucks and over 120 trailers
- Ensure safety of all employees
- Ensure scheduling of drivers and equipment to meet customers' expectations
- Communicate with customers, and company employees on delivery concerns
- Meet customer's weekly expectatons
- In 2012 I initiated weekly load assignment and routing strategies saving the company estimated freight cost
savings over $220,000 in 2013 with continued savings of approximately $18,000 per month.
- Received safety award for fewest injuries at large dedicated site for 2011 and 2012. Expect to receive the
2013 award as well.
- Received certificates of completion for Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Green Belt training
- Effective management of 40+ employees including positive reinforcement counseling and disciplinary
administration when required
- Ensured employee compliance in accordance with company policies and procedures, and all federal, state
and local regulations that govern a safe work environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of all DOT regulations governing the Transportation industry.
- Lead participant in Lean Six Sigma projects
- Completed and presented Power Point presentations to company executive staff
Bonnell Aluminum Bonnell Ln, Newnan, GA 30263
Bonnell Aluminum - Kentland, IN - May 2005 to October 2009
- Daily load planning of plant shipments throughout midwest, west, southeast and east maximizing load density with
multiple customers per load
- Supervise 4 man load crew over two shifts
- Sequence processing of material through extrusion, anodizing, paint-line and packing to affect proper loading
and on-time and complete delivery of material to various customers
- Prepare and present daily reports during morning staff meetings
- Maintained average load density of 30,000 lbs per truck exceeding company set expectations
- Put together planning process to maximize load density, and sequencing strategies to minimize loaded miles
reducing overall freight cost
- Maintained weekly finished goods inventory below company expectations
- Instrumental in weekly on-time and complete profiency of %100 during May of 2009 and submitted published
article in monthly newsletter
Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office 4th ST, Eureka, CA 95502
Senior Correctional Officer
Humboldt County Sheriff's Office - Eureka, CA - January 1997 to April 2004
-Emergency Communications Dispatcher (911 Dispatcher)
- Booking Officer: process incoming inmates to include pat downs for weapons and contraband, fingerprinting
and photographing, dress out and book into the system
- Housing Officer: oversee inmates in general population housing units, special needs housing, and maximum
Security ensuring safety and compliance of inmates under my supervision
- Mail Officer: scanned all incoming and outgoing mail for contraband or evidence of escape plans or threats
- Caltrans Officer: supervised minimum security inmates on road clean-up crews with weed eaters and
Chainsaws disciplinary hearings then award disciplinary actions
- Swap Supervisor
- Classification Officer: interviewed all incoming inmates to determine housing assignments based on prior
Criminal history, nature of current charges and disposition of individual, Review inmate write ups and hold
: interview inmates with potential to substitute in-house jail sentencing with the Sheriff's Work
Alternative Program (SWAP) and if granted make weekly work assignments at the Wood Lot, Pig farm and Garden and other assignments throughout the community while the inmate continued productive life at home and
- Also conducted annual local news channel interviews regarding senior wood project and county pig farm.
- Completed Peace Officer Standards of Readiness (POST) at College of the Redwoods including firearms
and self-defense qualifications
- Supervised 4 officers and over 400 inmates on SWAP program processing 1100 cords of wood annually for
senior wood project
United States Navy - Various - July 1977 to October 1996
-20 year career from Seaman Apprentice to Petty Officer 1st class processing secure communications and
operating and supervising the operations of cryptographic equipment including satellite communications
-Stood duty as Master-at-Arms, Ships Self Defense Force, and Officer of the Deck throughout career
-Received two Joint Service Achievement Medals, 4 Good Conduct Medals, National Defense Medal and numerous citations, commendations and awards
-Held Top Secret-SBI security clearance throughout career
-Can present DD-214 upon request