* ******** **** **** ******** relocation
Westford Mass 01886 Will travel as required Compensation: Negotiable
Cell phone- 978-***-****
John T. Smithell
EXPERIENCE and OBJECTIVE
1992 - 1994 Middlesex Community College – Lowell and Bedford Massachusetts
Electronics Technician course and Personal Computer Introduction
1981 – 1985 Nashoba Valley Technical High School – Westford, Massachusetts
Technical Electronics Courses completed and included the following:
* Analog and Digital Circuitry, Basic and Advanced Electronics Concepts, Series and Parallel Voltages,
Current and Resistance. Trained in television, radio and Power Supply Repair.
Training: *Vacuum Pumps Repair and Maintenance * OSHA Safety Seminar Training and Understanding
*ESD Course Training Completed * Motors and Controls
* IPC620 crimping and soldering.
Computer: Hardware: IBM personal computer and Windows, ASK MAN/MAN software, Excel, Daqlab, Labview, Galile.
Skills: * Build and Test Monitors * Prototype Building
* Build and Wire Capital Equipment * Schematics, Blueprints, BO M’s
* Diffusion Furnaces * Shipping and Receiving
* Gas Flow Systems and Valves * Soldering and Wiring
* Hot and Cold Testing * Thermal Processing Equipment
* Inventory Control * Vacuum Pumps
* Material Sourcing * Wafer Etching Equipment
Certification: Technical Certification in Electronic Repair, Nashoba Valley Technical High School
Technical Certification in Motors and Controls
Strengths: * Mechanical Assembly and Testing * Machine Electrical Wiring
Nov 15 to Present. Securitas Security.
Jan 15 to Nov 15. R.S.I.G. Security.
Aug 14 to Jan 15. Temp work in Electro Mechanical Assemby
Jan 12 to August 14. Paul Demers Towing
Tow Truck Driver.
Towing vehicles in violation of city parking rules.
Towing vehicles for motorist who have broken down.
June 10- Nov 11. Segue Manufacturing Services- Lowell MA.
Building and Testing of mechanical bearings for beacon power.
Precision assembly of robotic systems for Bessie Robotics.
Building and wiring of Power Cabinets for GT Solar.
Using Daqlab and excel to test bearings.
Aug. 07- June.08 G.C.R. Professional Services – Burlington, MA
Manufacturing Technician (Work site: Spire Corp. – Bedford, MA)
* Building and wiring Solar Test Simulators.
* Drilling and tapping holes to install panels.
* Installing wires and cables to mainframe.
* Wiring options in mainframe and control cabinets.
Nov 06- Aug 07 Lighthouse Placement Services - Haverhill, MA
Engineering Technician (Work site: Aushon Bio Systems – Burlington, MA)
* Prototype building and testing statin arrayer systems
* Waking up system using Galil.
* Installing endlimits to adjust encoders.
* Home and teach, analizing and calibrating for error codes using labview.
April. 06- Nov. 06 Additional Contract Services – Billerica, MA
Manufacturing Technician (Work site: Vista Controls – Littleton, MA)
* Building, wiring and testing of control modules.
Jan. 2005 – Feb - 06 Diversified Tecnologies Inc. – Bedford, MA
* Building, wiring, machining and testing of prototype high voltage power supplies.
* Fabricating test fixtures.
* Fabricating wire harnesses.
Sept. 2003 – Oct. 2004 Cynosure – Chelmsford Massachusetts
Electro Mechanial Assembler
* Building and wiring of cosmetic laser equipment
June 2002 - Sept. 2003 Various Temp Agencies. In electro mechanical assembly and testing
Feb. 2002- June 2002 GENERAL COMPUTER RESOURCE SERVICES – Woburn, Massachusetts
Perkenelmer Engineering Technician
* Building and wiring x-ray detection systems
* Building and documenting engineering prototypes
* Working with engineers to contiunally implement revisions and rework x-ray equipment
* Subassemblies for x-ray equipment
* Shipping of equipment when needed
Nov. 2000 – June 2001 JABIL CIRCUITS – Billerica, Massachusetts
* Manufacturing and maintenance support of P.C. board test stations.
* Functional and environmental testing of P.C. boards.
* Processing and reporting test data.
* Assisting engineers and documenting test procedures.
* Computerized P.C. board testing
NOV. 1999 - MAY 2000 NATIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICE CORPORATION – Woburn, Massachusetts
Manufacturing Technician (Work site: Speedline Technology- Haverhill, MA)
* Building, wiring and mechanical testing of dispense systems.
* Kitting and building of subassemblies.
* Final Assembly and precision indicating of machine.
* Power input and signal wiring of machine.
* Applying skins to the machine.
* Using company software to perform post test on the machine.
* Filling out all requisite paperwork for said job.
AUG 1998 – MAR 1999 BTU INTERNATIONAL – Billerica, Massachusetts
Performed mechanical and electrical assembly and conducted final acceptance processes for thermal
DEC 1995 – MAY 1998 LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION – Wilmington, Massachusetts
Electro Mechanical Building and Wiring Technician
Performed final assembly of wafer etching equipment. Routine responsibilities included:
* Assembling, wiring and cabling different assemblies for the wafer etcher
* Uncrating and mounting process chambers utilizing various types of hydraulic lift mounts to the mainframe
* Wiring and testing chambers to the mainframe according to specifications.
* Installing and matching the AC/DC power supply and wafer transport systems and gas flow and operator
* Identifying and tracking inventory requirements and projected shortages according to system completion
MAY 1990 – DEC 1995 OPTELEC – Westford, Massachusetts
Electro Mechanical Building, Wiring and Testing Department
Preformed electro-mechanical assembly of low vision equipment. Responsibilities included:
* Assembling and wiring related systems * Shipping, receiving and inventory control
* Assembling and testing electronic cameras * Power wiring of video equipment
* Machining of hi-tolerance mechanical parts * Soldering power supplies and printed circuit boards
APR 1989 – MAR 1990 MKS INSTRUMENTS – Lawrence, Massachusetts
Flowswitch Assembler, Building and Testing
Built and tested solid state gas valves including all sub-assemblies. Cut, pinned and plugged coils, soldered
and mechanically assembled printed circuit boards.
AUG 1987 – MAR 1989 BTU INTERNATIONAL – Billerica, Massachusetts
Electro Mechanical Assembler
Performed mechanical and electrical assembly and conducted final acceptance processes for diffusion furnaces.
During the test process, performed necessary re-work and certification as required. Once the product was
fully tested and accepted, dismantled the furnace, painted, mounted the dismantled assembly components on
shipping skids and prepared for shipping to customer.
AUG 1985 – 1987 MERRIMACK MAGNETICS Corporation – MA
* Fabricating and testing of prototype transformers