Raleigh, NC *****
Over ten years of experience in the IT industry with a career spanning hardware and software development, test, software customization and integration services delivery, and support. Served in key customer facing management roles with Fortune 500 retail customers. In addition, gained international experience working with a variety of foreign customers, vendors, remote teams, and government regulatory agencies.
People management, technical project management, risk management, change management, international and domestic customer management, vendor management, software development lifecycle management, Agile methodologies. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Research Triangle Park, NC Formally IBM's Retail Store Solutions until August 1, 2012 October 2004 – Present
Services Delivery Manager (January 2013 – Present) at RTP, NC Managed team of 30 IT Specialists including developers, project managers, and business analysts supporting customization and integration of point of sale solutions including Self Checkout, Mobile, and Omni-channel. Responsibilities include leading team through developing proposals and contracts, execution of engagements, and supporting customers through software deployment and maintenance. Responsible for resource planning across engagements and participating in the services practice's PMO to promote best practices and provide services for the practice's project managers.
• Successfully turned around several troubled projects by working with team to prioritize resolution of outstanding line items/defects, working with customers to set/reset expectations, and adjusted resources when necessary
• Rapidly and effectively stood up teams for new engagements by working with contract staffing firms, recruiters, and HR. Also leveraged experienced staff in the process by setting expectations for screening candidates and training new team members
POS Support Manager (October 2011 – December 2012) at Bentonville, AR Managed team located at customer site of 12 IT Specialists supporting the customer's POS infrastructure as well as providing Technical Sales Support to brand and client Sales teams. The team provides IBM POS hardware and operating system certification as well as L2 and L3 support to customer's Field Support organization spanning 8,500 stores world wide, 250,000 POS terminals, and over 25 million transactions per day. The customer facing role required daily interaction with customer Infrastructure Systems Division senior management and directors.
• Delivered 99.9999% of point of sale front end availability every month across customer's US and international enterprise
• Supported over $100M of revenue to IBM Retail Store Solutions annually
• Created and successfully executed plan to enable and certify latest generation of IBM's POS hardware in the customer environment. Certification was successful and drove $70M worldwide of annual revenue Self Checkout Services Delivery Project Manager (June 2010 – October 2011) at RTP, NC Managed services engagements on IBM’s legacy and CHEC Self Checkout Applications. Role included gathering customer requirements, providing budget and planning estimates and statements of work, performing earned value analysis of project status, and managing delivery and support of services engagements. Managed a team of 10 developers and testers in RTP and 3 developers in India.
• Managed on average 8-12 concurrent engagements with tier one retail customers
• Project spanned entire software development lifecycle
• Delivered $3M of revenue in 2011
• Delivered over 90% of projects on schedule and on budget Product Test Lead (November 2008 – June 2010)
Planned and coordinated hardware, driver, and solution testing across multiple geographies, vendors, and IBM teams. New development projects included Point of Sale systems and receipt printers. Supported Product Engineering and RPQ efforts across all RSS retail hardware products.
Hardware Engineer (April 2007 – November 2008)
Developed POS systems, receipt printers, and fiscal printers using the following skills: logic design, ESD/EMC design, BIOS debug, firmware debug, and vendor management. Work on a fiscal printer marketed in Brazil required close coordination with a firmware development team in Martinez, Argentina, and marketing team in Sao Paulo, Brazil. During the government certification phase of the project, I met with the government group responsible for certifying the printer regularly to explain how requirements were implemented and to manage issues and change requests throughout the process. Software Engineer (October 2004 – April 2007)
Planned and executed function and system verification tests for IBM's point of sale application for grocery customers and IBM's Retail Operating System, OS 4690. Additionally, led a remote three person team based in Guadalaraja, MX that performed regression testing of the POS application maintenance stream.
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
M.S. Computer Engineering, December 2006; B.S. Electrical Engineering, May 2004; B.S. Computer Engineering, May 2004