Southern University at New Orleans
Bachelor’s of Science (B.S.) Degree in Business Administration, Received 1998
Delgado Community College
Associate Degree in Business Administration, Received 1995
December 2014 to
Present Employee Benefits Manager, Delgado Community College, New Orleans, LA
• Supervise staff responsible for employee benefits and retirement.
• Administer the employee benefit programs for Delgado Community College’s 7 campuses and 1,000 full time employees.
• Evaluate existing and additional benefits and make revisions when necessary.
• Present structured new employee orientation for all new faculty and staff.
• Enroll all College employees in selected benefits, including all insurance products, and both defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
• Counsel employees and research and resolve problems associated with benefits and payroll deductions.
• Develop and present in-service training to 1,000 faculty and staff members with regards to benefits.
April 2003 to Associate Director of Human Resources, Delgado Community College,
November 2014 New Orleans, LA
• Supervised a staff of four full time professional Human Resources staff responsible for benefits administration, compensation, leave administration, and payroll and personnel action processing.
• Supervised and processed all Human Resources and Payroll actions for over 1,000 full and part time employees, including new hires, transfers, and terminations.
• Counseled with employees and supervisors regarding College obligations and employee rights under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Workman’s Compensation.
• Maintained Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
• Ensured ongoing compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Administered the College’s retirement processes and documents related to implement retirements.
• Reconciled employee and College retirement contributions.
July 2000 to Human Resources Technician, Delgado Community College, New Orleans, LA
• Conducted recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees, conducted new-employee orientations, and posted vacant position advertisements.
• Compiled and produced various Human Resources reports to governing bodies of the College such as the Board of Supervisors, Board of Regents, and the Louisiana Community and Technical College System.
April 1999 to Physician Office Clerk, Manpower Staffing Agency, New Orleans, LA
• Performed verification or patients health insurance
• Scheduled patient appointments and maintained patient medical records.
• Researched charts for documentation of all medical services provided
September 1996 to Human Resource Clerk, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New Orleans, LA
• Assisted employees in enrolling in selected benefit options.
• Explained various benefit options available to employees.
• Explained compensation structure to newly hired and promoted employees.
• Assisted in the processing of personnel actions and job structures.
• Verified employees 401(k) and retirement applications.
• Maintained Workman’s Compensation, benefits and retirement files.
March 1995 Purchasing Clerk, Delgado Community College, New Orleans, LA
• Completed all accounts payable invoices.
• Provided customer service to all accounts payable sales representatives and perspective vendors.
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Banner Human Resource Information System
• State of Louisiana Human Resource System (ISIS/LA HRC)
Available Upon Request