Process Manager - Graftech International LTD
Saint Marys, PA
firstname.lastname@example.org - 814-***-****
Secure a management position that capitalizes on strong leadership and Industrial Engineering skills where a team
oriented environment and open communication are appreciated. Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Graftech International LTD - Saint Marys, PA - 2014 to Present Primary responsibility is to provide leadership and strategic alignment for the graphitization process. Directed the overall activities of the department, optimizing resources to maximize operations and contribute to business profitability.
• Administered the HSEP program for the department, was accountable for compliance with and enforcement of all corporate and regulatory HSEP standards and procedures.
• Implements and adheres to the Quality System.
• Executes production schedule as defined by production planning. Lean Manager
Graftech International LTD - Saint Marys, PA - 2012 to Present
• Site expert and consultant for all Lean Six Sigma needs.
• Coach to three site Black Belts and one Green Belt.
• In 2013 lead a site yield improvement project that resulted in $2,332,693 savings and won the corporate wide lean
• Coordinates the Lean Six Sigma training and development process for site employees.
• Maintains the project plan for all major activities that drive value creation at the site.
• Planned and lead Kaizen events.
• Perform 5S audits and follow up to ensure housekeeping gains are maintained.
• Travel to various sites to observe and assist in implementing processes and review progress. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
SGL Carbon, LLC - Saint Marys, PA - 2007 to 2012
Saint Mary's, PA
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
• Experience with an international company. Presented project results at the Executive Committee level.
• Selected from a group of over 50 Six Sigma Black Belts to lead two international Kaizen events of one-week duration
each in Poland.
• Established product families based on process lanes in a job shop environment.
• Lead and was accountable for timely delivery of Six Sigma DMAIC projects.
• Coached 11 Green Belts with assigned projects
• Lead Lean Transformation of two-product family value streams resulting in $280,000 savings in less than 8 months.
• Coached and established improvement objectives and provided statistical analytical support to eight Green Belt projects.
• Skilled in SAP©, Minitab©, iGrafx©, and MS Office software applications.
• Certified through TÜV / UMS - GmbH as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Sr. Instructor
H. B. Maynard and Co., Inc - Pittsburgh, PA - 1998 to 2007 Industrial engineering consultant. Primary responsibilities included the training and guidance of MOST® Work Measurement System, an H.B. Maynard proprietary technique and software.
• Consulted and instructed basic Industrial Engineering principles such as methods improvement, performance improvement and work balancing.
• Participated as a team member developing and providing training and guidance on lean manufacturing and service
principles such as 5-S, Work Flow Design, Best Methods, Setup Reduction, Standardized Work, Engineered Standards,
Workforce Training and Performance Management.
• Certified BasicMost® MiniMOST®, MaxiMOST®, Time Study, Methods Engineering master instructor. Manager of Human Resource Development
Matthews International Corp - Pittsburgh, PA - 1991 to 1996 Initial hire position reported directly to the Quality Assurance manager as a change agent introducing Total Quality
Management and quality tools to an employee owner workforce as well as skills training for various job functions.
• Participated on and lead management process improvement teams and employee initiated problem-solving teams.
Additional responsibilities included coordination and evaluation of an employee suggestion system that provided
monetary awards for eliminating or reducing waste in materials, time and utilities.
• Along with Division Quality Manager lead and developed, a quality system based on the Malcolm Baldrige award criteria.
Placed 2nd in Pennsylvania Quality Award based on the Malcolm Baldrige award criteria. EDUCATION
B.S. in Industrial Arts / Technology
California University of Pennsylvania - California, PA 1984 to 1989
Microsoft Office (10+ years), iGrafx (5 years), Minitab (10+ years) MILITARY SERVICE
Service Country: US
Branch: U.S. Army
December 1975 to August 1997
1975 – 1981 U.S. Navy SeaBees
Equipment Operator 2nd Class. Made the rank of E5 in 2 years fully 6 months earlier than normal advancement permitted. Placed in charge of equipment operators deployed as a detachment from main battalion to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
1983 – 1997 U.S. Army
Captain, U.S. Army Infantry, Pennsylvania Army National Guard. Leadership positions held included Infantry Platoon Leader, Infantry Mortar Platoon Leader, Infantry Company Executive Officer and Battalion Personnel Officer. Developed leadership skills in a physically demanding and mentally challenging environment. Lead through example and influence
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt