Grace Wu (B. Honours)
Tel: 416-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• A results oriented analyst and certified SAS programmer with over 7 years of experiences in financial analysis, business intelligence / analytics, customer insights / analyses, database marketing, market evaluation and research.
• Three years of customer data analyses and business consulting experience in financial, insurance, telecommunications and retail industries.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and customer marketing. Adept at customer segmentation and profiling, customer response / loyalty / churn / attrition
/ value analyses, campaign design and analytics, identifying business opportunities and developing competitive strategies.
• Advanced expertise and skills in applying industry leading analytic tools (SAS/SQL programming, BI Query, Oracle BI, SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau, Excel etc.) to manage, query, manipulate, analyze, visualize and present big data.
• Proficient in creating dynamic Excel / PDF / HTML / RTF reports and insightful dashboards by using SAS/SQL, SAS/MACRO, SAS/EG and ODS techniques.
• A detail oriented and self motivated person with strong analytical and problem solving abilities, able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines in a fast paced environment.
• A good team player and a quick learner with excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Technical Skills
• Databases: SQL Server, Access, Oracle, DB2.
• Operating System: Windows, Unix, Linux
• Application packages: MS Office, Excel VBA, Oracle BI, Tableau, SPSS.
• SAS Tools: SAS9 Programming (SAS/Base, SAS/SQL, SAS/Macro, SAS/STAT, SAS/Graph, SAS /Access, SAS/ODS), SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Studio and SAS JMP Data Exploration and Manipulation
• Data extraction, validation, cleansing, manipulation and analysis (sort / dedup, subset/append, merge/join, roll up/drill down etc.) by using SAS Data step, SQL, Rotate/Transpose. Macro and Array approaches. Statistical Analysis
• Student’s t test, ANOVA, Chi Square test, regression, time series forecasting etc. Data Reporting and Presentation
• Strategic and insightful reporting of business data and analysis results with perceptive tables, graphs and charts.
• Efficient in creating business intelligence score cards, dashboards and dynamic Excel / PDF / HTML / RTF files by using Excel tools, SAS programming, and Tableau. Relevant Experience
Financial Assistant/BI Analyst 2014 2015
BSM Wireless Inc., (GPS.V) – TSXV, Toronto, ON
• Communicated with different departments (Accounting, R&D, Production and Customer Service) to ensure that all related requirements are met and business issues are addressed and solved properly.
• Collected, manipulated and leveraged customer data, sales data and GPS usage data from internal system and different channel carriers.
• Reported, monitored and analyzed product performances, sales trends and drivers of sales trends in terms of business segments, carrier channels, seasons, cases and product categories etc to develop business insights.
• Created industry research and market analysis reports, developed business proposals to grow market insights and business intelligence, identify business opportunities, and develop competitive strategies.
• Improved AP procedures and created financial analysis and control reports, provided information and 2
insights to senior management team by leveraging and analyzing expense, revenue and budget data.
• Coordinated with other teams and business partners to arrange business planning and implement operational process flow.
BI Analyst/SAS Programmer 2012 2014
Hycent Design and Consulting, Hamilton, ON
• Provided analytical solutions and consulting services to clients in financial, insurance, telecommunications and retail industries through statistical and quantitative analyses.
• Communicated with clients and business partners through proposals, client meetings, emails, conference calls and presentations to discuss, identify and determine analytical requirements, and translated client requirements and needs into actionable analysis requests.
• Performed deep dive customer data analyses, promotions and campaign analysis, business analytics by using SAS/SQL programming, BI Query, Tableau, and statistical analysis.
• Built up customer and business insights, provided data support for informed decision making and developing competitive marketing strategies.
• Created ad hoc and recurring analytic reports, business intelligence dashboards and developed business proposals aiming to address business opportunities and challenges, increase customer response and loyalty, reduce customer churn / attrition and maximize marketing productivity.
• Interacted with clients and business partners to inform, influence and implement with analytical findings. Business Analyst and Financial Consultant 2006 2011 IBM China, Shanghai, China
• Extracted, leveraged and analyzed customer and sales data to investigate sales trends, market evaluation, product penetrations, customer distributions and purchase patterns by using SPSS, Excel and Sigma Plot tools.
• Conducted cost, revenue, gross margin and profit analyses such as sales trends analysis, revenue growth and allocation analysis, product profitability analysis to develop insights into business.
• Grew business intelligence and developed competitive strategies for market research and marketing activities to increase sales profits and reduce business costs.
• Collected and analyzed marketing data to measure and evaluate the performance of marketing activities.
• Created insightful analytic reports and develop business proposals to grow market insights and business intelligence, identify business opportunities, develop competitive strategies and build actionable plans.
• Presented analytic results to senior management for data support and informed decision making. Financial Supervisor 2001 2005
Exide Technologies (NASDAQ:XIDE), Shanghai, China
• Demonstrated leadership in overseeing daily accounting processing to ensure the accuracy, completeness and compliance with legislation.
• Monitored and communicated with teams to maintain key accounting information in revenue, cost, inventory control and ratios.
• Developed various financial reports and analysis for recommendations in fund utilization. Accountant 2000 2001
Pacific Dunlop Holdings (China) Co., Ltd., Shanghai, China
• Processed full accounting cycle, AP, AR, month end journal entries and financial statements. Education and Training
SAS Certification for Base and Advanced Programmer for SAS® 9 Advanced SAS Reporting by using Procedures and ODS, SAS Canada Tableau Essentials Training, BSM Wireless Inc., Toronto, ON Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) Training, Oracle Bachelor of Accounting 2000
Zhejiang Sci Tech University, Hangzhou, China
References available upon request