Andrew David Trumbull
Raleigh, NC 27613
Seeking employment in the field of Information Technology as a Systems Engineer. Well developed software and hardware troubleshooting skills, honed over years of supporting both client and server operating systems. Strongly demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to perform under stringent time constraints. Self motivated, hardworking individual that will take initiative to quickly learn new technologies.
University of North Carolina at
Chapel Hill Bachelors of
Science in Computer Science,
Systems Specialist, Information Technology Services at UNC
Chapel Hill, NC February 2013 Present
● Design, implement, and maintain Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructures to support the UNC campus
● Helped support and maintain a Mass Mail system
(listserver) and document management system (Image Now)
● Configure and maintain virtual infrastructure, including Vmware and XenServer.
● Installed and managed Citrix Netscaler MPX 5500
appliances for load balancing and ICA proxy.
C#, Java, PHP, MySQL,
Server Operating Systems:
Ubuntu, Windows Server 2003+,
Mac Server Snow Leopard+
XenApp 6+ XenDesktop
5+Provisioning Services 5+, MCS,
● Lead the design and migration from XenApp 6.0 and 6.5 to XenDesktop 7.x (from IMA to FMA)
Systems Administrator, Office of Arts and Sciences Information Services at UNC
Chapel Hill, NC September 2010 February 2013
● Install, configure, and maintain Windows, Mac, and Linux server operating systems for a variety of uses across the College of Arts and Sciences
● Configure and maintain virtual infrastructure, including Vmware and Microsoft Hyper V and App V.
● Design, implement, and maintain Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructures to support the College of Arts and Sciences (roughly 80 departments).
● Write/improve batch files and powershell scripts to automate frequent tasks.
● Manage Windows and Mac graduate labs, including
creating and deploying images for each.
● Document all procedures and policies.
● Won the “OASIS Service Award” in December of 2011
.NET Programmer, ITS Workgroup Services at UNC
Chapel Hill, NC May 2010 September 2010
● Clean, document, debug, test, and maintain code.
● Design and build tools to assist with or automate common tasks and workflows for the group.
● Worked heavily with Exchange, IMAP, and Active
● Deployed code to test servers and occasionally production servers
● Designed and maintained databases and schemas
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant, UNC
Chapel Hill, NC January 2010 May 2010
Active Directory Management:
Users and Computers, Group
Policy Management, Distributed
File System (DFS) Management,
Resultant Set of Policy, DHCP
Available upon request
● Graded assignments and held weekly office hours
● Held weekly meetings with the professor and other assistants to discuss the curriculum and how best to present technical concepts to a non technical audience
● Prepared presentations and gave lectures on selected topics
Student Consultant, ITS Response Center at UNC
Chapel Hill, NC August 2007 August 2010
● Provide quick and friendly hands on customer support and training to faculty, staff, and students
● Perform advanced troubleshooting and virus removal on up to 20 machines at a time
● Write/improve batch files and scripts to automate frequent tasks and to help stress test and diagnose hardware and software issues
● Train incoming freshman about laptop preventative maintenance
● Won the “Versatility Award” for the 2008 2009 school year.
● Won the “Senior of the Year Award” for the 2009 2010 school year.
Residential Computing Consultant, ResNET at UNC
Chapel Hill, NC August 2007 May 2009
● Provided on site technical support for campus dormitories
● Helped plan community outreach events yearly
● Gave semesterly presentations about technology to the dormitory community to educate them on various
technology topics, such as virus prevention