Margaret A James
PO Box ****
Kingwood, TX *****
Summary: Self motivated Administrative Assistant offering a strong work ethic and determination to complete tasks in a timely manner, accurate and detail-oriented.
• Microsoft office, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Typing 50 WPM
• Ten Key by Touch
Employment: APAC Customer Services Humble, TX
Administrative Assistant March 1991 to November 2014
• Organize employee personnel files, maintain spreadsheets, fax and scan documents.
• Receive and screen a high volume of internal and external communications, including email and mail.
• Process termination paperwork, disable logins and compile data daily onto the monthly attrition spreadsheet.
• Process paperwork from employees for Medical, Personal and FMLA leave of absences and forward appropriate documentation to Corporate Leaves Administration department.
• Administer the handbook acknowledgement and ensuring all existing and newly hired employees have completed.
• Field and forward questions and concerns regarding benefit processes, packages and open enrollment.
• Respond to unemployment claims including State requests for additional information and setting up hearing notices on monthly calendar.
• Coordinate leaves administration and workers compensation management training sessions to ensure management is properly scheduled for training sessions.
NCO Financial Systems (Now APAC Customer Services)
Clerical Support III
• Prepare payroll and time sheets, calculating and checking for errors, approving hours in Ceridian Time & Attendance and communicate information to Corporate Office.
• Calculated collector fees and input data onto excel spreadsheet to produce commissions.
• Performed Human Resource/Payroll duties, preparing new hire paperwork, direct deposit, W4 and various other forms of payroll, input employee data into time & attendance to create employee badges and maintaining employee files.
• Conducted new hire orientation of company policies, procedures and benefits, interacted and assisted employees with questions during orientation, open enrollment and throughout the year.
• Coded invoices for proper distribution, interacted with vendors, Company personnel regarding accounts payables.
• Assist clients by email and telephone, post payment sheets from various clients such as Memorial Hermann Hospital, Covenant Medical Center and UTMB Hospital, researched rejected payments and prepared exception items for posting, compiled data and prepared month end reports.
• Responsible for maintaining and ordering of Company supplies.
Continental Credit Adjustors (Now APAC Customer Services)
• Handled the opening and distributing of all mail received, processed incoming payments, assisted walk-in customers and issued receipts, calculated large volume of checks and balanced batches to reports.
• Prepared daily deposit, balanced payment reports, made run to bank and post office daily.
• Maintained child support files, sent incoming child support checks to courts to be processed.
Data Entry Clerk
• Prepared new business batches and keyed data into computer
• Relived switchboard operator.
NCNB Bank Houston, TX
Customer Service Representative June 1985 to April 1990
• Assisted customers with account information and problem solving, entered data to generate account research, responsible for data entry of customers requests for bill pay service which dispersed funds to various vendors, preformed bank reconciliations.
• Handled account deposits, commercial deposits, withdrawal, loan payments and file maintenance, assisted customers with inquires and opened new accounts, balanced cash drawer on daily basis.
Education: Cypress Fairbanks High School Houston, TX
References: Available upon request