Nancy Kay Bullock
• Over 25 years of healthcare experience primarily in project management, testing, account management, systems consulting and product management
• Successfully managed projects with financial, clinical and technical professionals
• Healthcare implementation project management experience with ADT, Scheduling, Physician Access, Physician Credentialing, Order Entry & results, Nursing Notes, HIM, Charting, P/A, and managed care
• Thoroughly versed in all aspects of the EMR
• Proficient in re-engineering and workflow processes for efficient resource usage
• Experienced in contract negotiations, RFP responses, and handling full sales cycle
• Excellent in handling complex client relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Created project management standards for three different companies
• Clinical ICD-10 Project Manager
• Program Manager for McKesson
• Clinical Project manager –Allscripts
• Senior Project Manager HIM document imaging and data warehousing
• Wrote RFPs and ranked responses for HIS replacement, HMO, and niche systems
• Evaluated, selected and managed implementations for financial and clinical software.
• SCM Testing manager for large university Hospital
• Conducted needs analysis for hospitals, compiled and presented results to administrators
• Wrote training materials, presentations and marketing collateral
Active PMI member and working toward Project Management Professional (PMP)
Graduate of Interaction Management‘s Management Series
IBM Project Management Certification
MS Project 2007
Griffin Tate Project Management Project Management classes
Healthcare IT Consultant (1 yr 4 months) 2014-2015
Clinical Project Manager for ICD10 upgrade. Responsible for remediating clinical, ancillary and home health applications (20+ applications) Liaison to vendors for scheduling upgrades as needed, testing and remediation.
Healthcare IT Consultant
Sr Project Manager, Florida Hospital System (3 months) 2013
Turnaround Project Manager for a procedural project that had missed the scheduled go-live. By managing issues and combining this project with a scheduled upgrade we were able to save time and put less stress on resources.
Multi-hospital System NY 2012 - 2013
Consultant- Project Manager (7 months)
• SCM 5.5 upgrade Project manager. Managed the project from initiation through first round of testing until client could hire a full time replacement. Moved to their PMO to manage the HRSA regulated 340b outpatient discount medication program. Implemented it in five of North Shore’s hospitals.
Community Health Systems
Consultant- Project Manager (3 months) 2012
• Consulted to CHS to implement McKesson Clinicals. Managed HEO implementation, activation, support and rollout. Contract ended early due to McKesson pulling Horizon from future lineup.
Consultant- Program Manager (1 year 5 months) 2010-2011
• Managed multiple implementations for the Physician team included HEO, HCR, HCI, HMM, and HPP.
Healthcare IT Consultant –
Test Manager (1 year 3 months) 2008 - 2009
• Test Manager to manage testing SCM and Access Manager for a large university hospital. Managed all phases of testing including: creating test plans, recruited and scheduled testers, proctored sessions, issue and change management. Managed and responsible for integrity of test and production data base environments including: writing detailed procedures for applying issue resolutions/change requests and vendor fixes. Created SharePoint site for issue tracking and document management including. Consultant for activation support for SCM clients going live on SCM including eMar and Pharmacy. Reviewed and updated Project Plans for SCM.
Texas University Hospital System
Consultant- Project Manager 2007 - 2008
• Consult with Baylor for Project Management duties prior to and during SCM activation. Updated an extensive issue list in Clarify (Eclipsys’s issue management system) eliminated redundancies and prioritized remaining issues for a smoother go-live. Assisted client with rollout planning, issue management, activation planning and creating documentation for command center.
Eclipsys Corporation, Atlanta, GA
Clinical Implementations Project Manager (1 year) 2006 - 2007
• Manage projects implementing SunriseXA (clinicals) at client hospitals for new “community model” package. Modules included: AMB, A/M Orders/Results, ClinDoc, ED, Pharmacy and Physician Portal as well as third party products: Multum, SIS, Exit Care, and Zynx.
Consultant- Project Manager (9 months) 2005 - 2006
• Project Manager for iSOFT, which markets Sunrise Clinical Manager in the U.K. Implemented the Sunrise (SCM) system in Derbyshire, England. Responsible for project plans, statements of work, contract analysis and activation documentation. Mentored team members. Expedited issue resolution process and developed risk management for future phases stay on track. Completed contract earlier than expected and was brought back to Superior/ACS in the U.S.
Eclipsys Corporation, Atlanta, GA
Clinical Implementations Project Manager (2 years) 2003 - 2005
• Managing projects implementing SunriseXA (clinicals) at client hospitals and handling upgrades. Completed projects on time and within budget. Wrote and sold Statements of Work for out of scope projects creating additional revenue. Responsible for the complete Sunrise Clinical suite including AMB, A/M, Orders/Results, ClinDoc, ED, Pharmacy and Physician Portal as well as third party products: Multum, SIS, Exit Care, and Zynx.
Healthcare Consultant, Atlanta, GA (2 years) 2000 –2003
ERSmobile AI Lab. Ocala FL
o Wrote press releases, articles and educational materials for clinics, marketed and coordinated product marketing materials.
Sumter Regional Hospital, Americus, GA
Senior Business Analyst
o Project was to act as PM for new hospital information system selection project. Developed criteria for evaluating vendors based on user needs. Primary liaison between vendors and hospital. Also managed projects for electronic report distribution and physician credentialing system.
SWISH Corporation, Lawrenceville, Georgia
o Sold and executed Image Manager contracts for a small consulting firm doing IS installations in health care industry. Developed project plans for McKesson Clients.
McKesson HBOC, Alpharetta, Georgia (5 years) 1996 – 2000
HBOC - Senior Project Manager 1998 – 2000
• Recruited to Manage HBOC’s first implementation of Imnet’s document imaging product when McKesson acquired IMNET. Successfully implemented three multiple facility clients and upgrades. Sold upgrades and member of turn-around-team sent to assist clients in crisis. Application included Physician signature, workflow, and document management (scanned and COLD). Departments included HIM, Business Office and Admitting/Registration.
Imnet Systems Inc., Alpharetta, Georgia 1996 - 1998
• Application Consultant supporting sales for international and domestic business partners. Job activities included configuring enterprise-wide computer systems for the electronic patient record. Evaluated workflow re-engineering impacts. Developed and submitted price quotes, responded to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs), conducted site surveys at healthcare facilities, compiling and presenting cost benefit analysis reports to administrators. Earned Chairman’s Club Award for top sales team. Liaison to HBOC, and joined HBOC to help facilitate the process.
Consulting, Woodland Hills, CA 1993 -1996
Consultant – (2 years)
• Develop RFPs, develop marketing materials and implementation plans. Implemented HMO software and systems for Aetna. Tested software, trained staff and managed rollout of software implementations. Created and staffed help desk.
• Implement project management standards, problem and change management for managed care software implementations at medical groups.
HealthNet, Woodland Hills, CA 1991-1993
Product Manager – (2 years)
• Joined this HMO to install ProSight, an executive information system (EIS) and statistical analysis system. Customized, tested, marketed and installed the system in physician offices and employer groups in order to meet HEDIS and GHAA reporting standards. Hired and trained installation and support team. Marketed software to large employers and medical groups as an incentive to purchase insurance from HealthNet. HealthNet dissolved the group.
Cincom Systems, Inc., Cincinnati, OH 1990-1991
Marketing Technical Representative – Project Management (1 year)
• Having used Cincom’s mainframe Project Management software, recruited by Cincom as implementation and training consultant and assistant marketing representative at their client site (Southern California Edison) and traveled with sales reps. Developed and implemented TQM project plans for each level of project from emergency fixes to system development. Trained personnel to use customized software for projects. Trained replacement to return to healthcare. Left of excellent terms with references.
CyCare Systems Inc., Phoenix, AZ 1988-1990
Project Manager Hospital Implementations (2+ years)
• Hired to train personnel for new hospital division. Promoted to Project Manager for first hospital client and subsequently developed hospital system implementation project plans at national level. Implemented project management for internal development. Answered RFPs and demonstrated system to potential clients. CyCare dissolved hospital division and terminated my position with excellent references.
Tucson Medical Center, Tucson, AZ 1986-1988
Patient Accounting Project Manager (2 years)
• Implemented IBM’s Patient Accounting System (PCS) using Application System project management tool. Performed training and support for Patient Management (ADT). Responsible for managing implementation team, steering committee, user groups, problem management, testing and training.
Health Systems International, Tucson, AZ 1983-1986
Account Manager (3 years)
• Sold and implemented DRG assignment, coding and Utilization Review software. Responsible for half of western region. Maintained 98% renewal rate and consistently surpassed sales goals.