professional with 8+ years as Certified Scrum Master and Business Analyst experience in the SDLC Implementation of business application systems for Financial, and insurance clients
Responsible for supporting the NPI projects from various business units using offshore and offsite resources.
Cost reduction specialist, outsourcing Expert
` DMAIC and DMEDI certified
Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification.
ROSE-HULMAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY - Terre Haute, IN
Masters of science in electro mechanical engineering may2004
Bachelor of Science computer enginering, May 2001
Vellore Engineering College
Extensive experience as Business Analyst for Business Analysis in User Requirement Gathering and Transforming Business Requirements into Software Requirement Specification (SRS) using MS Office Suite, Rational Rose Suite and proficient in Project Management responsible for the Software Development Plan.
Sound Experience in SQL, PL/SQL and web technology concepts using Data warehouse/Business Intelligent Technologies.
Stakeholders management experience coordinating work b/w Business leads and IT teams
Expert in Creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
Excellent Leader and Team Player to work in conjunction with other testers, developers and other team members in validation and testing complex scenarios, projects and in the maintenance of Quality standards in projects
Centraprise Corp - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX May 2013 to November 2015
SR Business consultants
Clients: bank of America
Worked as Senior Business Analyst in Bank of America focusing on business processes, information technology, and knowledge processes across consumer banking, global banking, and global wealth and investment management lines of business. Business Analyst, Global Wealth Investment Banking. Led a team of 8 advancing the IT infrastructure and supporting a wide variety of platform applications. Utilized software configuration management tools, including DSM Explorer, TPM, Stackgen, Meta DB, and MS SharePoint and configured new server builds in Windows-W2K3/W2k8 and Clusters. Worked in Windows IIS, .NET, DNS, TCP/IP, Monitoring tools, Web Hosting infrastructure, and virtual Servers as a part of IT infrastructure projects. • Reduced software build process time by 38% by developing, managing and delivering end-to-end solutions for GWIMT Financial Advisors. • Achieved 0.05 % downtime across seven major platforms, providing optimal system support for Financial Advisors. • Protected vital data during a natural disaster by migrating the entire database, within three days, from servers to the cloud. Received Global Recognition Award and two silver awards. • Led Systems Analyst Team, managed and distributed work to other systems analysts in the team. • Conducted and facilitated various JAD sessions with business stakeholders to gather requirements and perform GAP analysis. • Prepared and distributed minutes of the meeting, questionnaire and agenda for various meetings with business, managers, technical team. • Worked with business and technical team to document end-to-end business process flow diagram. • Prepared Use Case Models and Use Case Diagram using Rational Software Architect (RSA) describing how various systems and actors will interact will each other and the different use cases are involved to accomplish goals. • Worked with business and IT to prepare and document routing and integration rules between different systems. • Documented and gathered business and technical requirements involved in identifying queues that should be created to assign and reassign requests automatically and manually from one user to another and from one system to another. • Proficient gathering and understanding client system requirements and transforming business requirements into Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) for Microsoft Dynamics CRM/xRM software. • Skilled in mapping client requirements with Microsoft Dynamics CRM application functionality. • Prepared data dictionary stating what data elements are involved, what is the business definition, format and possible values for all data elements involved with in various systems • Created and maintained data mapping documents for various systems. • Documented and gathered roles based access rules, security rules. • Conducted walkthrough sessions with business, UX\UI designers, developers and test team. • Worked with business teams, systems analysts, developers and testing teams to resolve any follow up action items. • Prepared detailed visual requirements, including what information we would need to gather and display to Provider using external facing portal and prepared detailed visual requirements including what data should be displayed as part of users dashboards, and what data should be displayed, in what format and grouping so that the leads can perform their day to day review and decision update process. Environment: XP\2000, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Access, Excel, Word), SRSS, Dynamic CRM/XRM, SharePoint, Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN), IBM Rational Software Modeler (v6.0), IBM Requisite Pro, IBM Rational Requirements Composer
Project B: client: capital one(jun2013- jan2014)
The project is to support the replacement the current derivatives trade management system with Murex - an industry-leading, off-the-shelf system. Capital one is currently using Reveal to manage its book of derivatives. However it lacks specific features required to manage our $43+ billion growing derivatives portfolio such as the ability to perform the necessary analytics and valuations required to meet the standards of our regulators and auditors. This project represents a new system implementation and is broken down into two separate and distinct phases. In addition to installing and configuring new software, Murex, the project also entails completely overhauling the existing processes and controls around the derivatives life cycle. Responsibilities: • Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirements and business process information. • Facilitate scrum ceremonies (grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.) • Enact change and continuous improvement increasing the productivity of Scrum teams by 19% and the quality of deliverables by 23% • Empowered teams to self-organize and grow cross-functionality • Protect team from over-commitment, manage backlog, prioritize resolution of defects/bugs as evidenced by the on-time delivery of 18 major initiatives • Met goal of addressing and resolving issues within 12 hours • Manage the lifecycle of code development, from ideation to sprints to deployment • Coordinate and manage code releases and shared APIs with other IT groups • Communicate with other management, engineers, product managers and support specialists on product issues • Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress • Organized and facilitated agile meetings as well as supporting the implementation of Agile scrum across all work streams to ensure continuous improvement. • Communicated extensively with clients and different levels of management to identify new requirements, use cases and to develop functional specifications. • Motivate guide and lead the team to achieve the set goals and satisfy Business Users. • Maintain various scrum artifacts like sprint backlogs, product backlogs and burn down charts. • Conducted Gap Analysis and developed data relationships diagrams to define the impact of the new requirements on the existing system. • Used MS Visio to model activities and data flow process in the business and make them more understandable to developers and architects. • Developed the business and functional requirements specification that describes and prioritizes the requirements. • Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis. • Performed end to end testing to validate requirements through gap analysis, identification of test scenarios, test case preparation, test case execution, maintaining daily test reports, defect Logging and tracking • Prepared project reports for management and others, assisted managers in the development of weekly and monthly status reports, documented process flows, policies and procedures. • Logged defects using QC and provided test execution status in a timely fashion. • Performing System, Functional, Integration, Regression, I-UAT and UAT testing during phases of testing cycle. • Developed the test plan, test scenarios and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements and loaded the test cases to the Quality center. • Established Testing Strategy, Entry and Exit Criteria for the UAT • On daily basis, collected the issues and impediments, which the Scrum Team had and escalated with Technology Partners and with Quality Assurance Team in the Daily Triage meeting. • Logged and maintained the defects in Quality center on daily basis after triaging the issues in the meeting and assigned the actual defects to the related Technology partners. Environment: RUP, MS Project, MS Office Suite, PL/SQL, MS Visio, HP Quality Center, JIRA, BPMN
ProjectC: Discover Financial Services: Wilmington, DE June 2011 to July 2013
Project: BCBS 239 Implementation
Discover financial services are a business division of Morgan Stanley. Discover brand credit cards are used by approximately 50 million members at more than 4 million outlets. The project involved building an enhanced online website access system for Discover credit cards. The customer could log in and view their account information, make online transactions like payments, balance transfers etc. and contact the customer service representatives for questions.
Project Role and Description
Discover website enhancements and optimization project involved creating next generation website compatible with all devices and will also provide all state of art user experience. The website includes all the major security features and also design enhancements.
• Communicated Project Requirements, Business Issues, Solutions and made recommendations
• Assisted project manager in developing use cases and project plans and also managed requirement churns
• Experienced in feasibility study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from the user's perspective
• Performed requirement analysis by gathering both functional and nonfunctional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders and perform document analysis, represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
• Involved in defining the scope of the project by doing gap analysis, preparing requirement artifacts, and creating the functional documents for design and implementation of the project
• Worked closely with the SME's, business users and developers, to facilitate and better understand the
• Participated in JAD sessions with different stakeholders, and resolved their issues
• Worked with creating system and user acceptance test case scenarios, and communicated with clients accordingly
• Documented and gathered business and technical requirements involved in understanding the sequence and workflow, and User & System interactions
• Prepared data dictionary stating what data elements are involved, what is the business definition, format and possible values for all data elements involved with in various systems and documented data mapping documents for various systems. Documented and gathered roles based access rules and security rules.
• Conducted walkthrough sessions with business, UX\UI designers, developers and test team.
• worked with business team, systems analyst, developers and testing team to resolve any follow up and action items.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Rational Rose, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Access, Excel, Word), PM tools, PL/SQL, MS Visio, HP Quality Center, Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN), IBM Rational Software Modeler (v6.0), IBM Requisite Pro, IBM Rational Requirements Composer
Project D: SAP Global Delivery January 2009 to June 2011
SAP Ecosystems, HANA database research project
SAP HANA is an in-memory computing platform that has completely transformed the relational database industry. It combines database, application processing, and integration services on a single platform. The same architecture also provides libraries for predictive, planning, text processing, spatial, and business analytics.
Key role in implementation of a data consolidation and system integration research project for SAP HANA.
• Performed Requirements Gathering and Analysis, interviewed the SME (Subject Matter Experts), and ensured that contributors and all key stakeholders were motivated to complete assigned tasks.
• Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify the requirements for the proposed system.
• Manage the Requirements (Business as well as System requirements), performed requirements analysis along with the creation of Use Case Scenarios.
• Created Process Work Flows, Functional Specifications, and responsible for preparing Functional Specification Documents (FSD).
• Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations.
• Worked with the development team to make sure that they understood the user requirements and that the system developed met those requirements.
• Participated in developing test plans and test procedure templates and guidelines to be used by the project team with detailed screen layouts with regards to various types of corporate actions.
• Was involved in Functional System Testing, Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Test using the test cases given by the client before releasing the application.
• Worked closely with Project Manager to manage project deadlines, status reports, and defect tracking reports
• Participated in walk-through, peer reviews and defect report meetings periodically.
• Developed and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that all the requirements is covered by the test cases.
• Interacted extensively with customers and UI designers to determine ways to improve the UI feel and the user experiences.
• Documented the gathered business requirements into detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRDs)
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, IBM Requisite Pro, IBM Rational Requirements Composer, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Access, Excel, Word), SAP HANA, Erwin Data modeler
Project E: SAP Global Delivery June 2007 to Dec 2008
ICICI Bank is the largest private sector Bank in India with over 4000 branches alone.
Scope of the project was to improve the existing online Banking application to enhance the front end and back end of the application as part of continuous process improvement initiative within the organization. This project involved enhancing customer experience by introducing rich Graphical User Interface and widening the accessibility and interoperability of the application.
• Executed Software Development Life (SDLC) cycle with inception to deployment with regards to testing (Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Test Cases, script development, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Test Result Analysis, User Acceptance Testing and Defect Retesting)
• Developed complex SQL scripts to validate data integrity in the application, using DML and DDL commands.
• Used JIRA to track and follow-up on defects with the QA and developers in different builds.
• Participated in Requirement Review Meeting with Business, Development Team Manager and SME's. Worked closely with the end users and technical team to ensure best practices in testing methodologies.
• Assisted Sr. QA Manager in conducting sessions with testing team to resolve open incidents and issues.
• Create Test Cases to conduct White Box Testing, Positive and Negative Testing of the application.
• Conducted Business/Technical impact analysis for change requests and requirement walkthroughs and advised concerned Project Managers and Business System Analysts on the impacts of the changes.
• Wrote detailed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, specifying the step by step navigation, data input, and expected results, for Load Testing and other testing types and mechanisms like (regression, stress and ad-hoc).
• logged system defects in Rational Clear Quest and tracked the issues identified during Functional Testing.
• Assisted Lead Business Analyst in the creation of Use Case Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams and GUI designs using UML modeling, mock-up screen designing tools such as Rational Rose, Adobe Photoshop.
• Participated in brainstorming sessions on Quality Analysis, Manual/Automated Testing and defect tracking.
• Gathered functional requirements and created vision scope and other artifacts during the inception phase.
• Participated in Business Requirement Definition (BRD) workshops along with clients and Subject Matter Experts.
Environment: SDLC, SQL, My SQL, Work Bench, UML, MS Visio, XML, HTML, Windows (98/XP service pack 2,3), MS Office Suite, MS Project, Clear Quest, IBM Rational Rose, Adobe Photoshop, Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN)