Virtualization/Storage ? Networking ? Quality Assurance ? AWS
• Seeking a full time Software QA Engineer position starting Jan 2016 Qualifications summary
• VMWare Certiﬁed Associate - Data Center Virtualization (Score: 440/500)
• Master’s GPA 4.0/4.0
• 2.5 years of professional experience as a QA engineer with experience in manual and automated testing.
• Serving as a Lab Assistant for Linux and Python scripting and Teaching Assistant for AWS and Hadoop courses
• Programming Languages: Python, TCL
• Virtualization: VMWare ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V basics, Oracle VirtualBox, Docker
• Tools: IOMeter, iPerf, NetPerf, WireShark, MiniNet, Cisco Packet Tracer, GNS3
• Technologies: NFS, iSCSI, RAID, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services - S3, EC2, EMR
• Databases: SQLPlus, HBase
Mar 2011 -
Software Engineer(QA), Cisco Systems, Bangalore, India.
Test automation for In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) Module Jan 2012 -
Software Engineer(QA), IP Infusion, Bangalore, India.
Manual and automated testing for Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) protocols RSVP-TE, P2MP, PW-STATUS
L3 regression testing and manual testing for OSPF, RIP, BGP, SNMP MIB on IPInfusion’s Zebra Operating System.
Aug 2014 -
MS, Computer Science, NorthWestern University, CA, GPA 4.0/4.0. 2006 - 2010 Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (IN).
Relevant Academic Projects/Assignments
• Linux Advanced Filesystems Management: This project involved understand- ing UUID/GUID, creating disk partitions on block devices (parted), installing and monitoring ﬁlesystems (mkfs, dumpe2fs, debugfs) and using SMART monitoring tools
(smartctl) to monitor the health of physical disks.
• Linux Networked Storage protocols: This project involved understanding and using networked storage on Linux using SSHFS, NFS and iSCSI. We used two ESX VMs to demonstrate accessing storage via network for ﬁle as well as block access. Performance measurement of NFS and iSCSI was done using IoMeter and dd
• AWS Elastic MapReduce and S3: Implemented WordCount, Inverted Indexes with custom Counter and Paritioner. Used Amazon S3 buckets to store input an output ﬁles. Executed the implemented jars using Amazon EC2 instances both via GUI and CLI.
• Implement ﬁrewall for an OpenFlow controller: Used a MiniNet (POX) Virtual Machine to create a topology consisting of 3 hosts and a switch with an OpenFlow controller. POX is a Python based SDN controller platform for academic learning. As part of this course project, we added rules to the controller which drop/allow packets with certain source and destination MAC addresses speciﬁed in a rules ﬁle.
• Packet capture and analysis: This project involved using WireShark to capture packets and understand the various ﬁelds in them. Studied the request/response packets for HTTP, DHCP, FTP protocols. Also, used a bunch of E-mail providers to observe SMTP sender and receiver email headers.
Relevant Course Work
Software Deﬁned Networking Cloud Management - Hadoop
Advanced Network Management Quality Assurance and Test Automation
Real-Time Big Data Analytics DataBases and SQL
Data Structures And Algorithms Network Analysis and Testing