email: email@example.com portfolio: www.brucreative.com SUMMARY
Creative design and communications professional, expert in developing and executing effective creative solutions for consumer, corporate, non-profit, and B2B markets. A uniquely skilled hands-on “player-manager” with proven ability to lead teams in translating marketing strategy into compelling creative. Agile in the use of multiple media forms. Skills & Expertise
• Corporate brand design and management
• Print design and production
• Web design
• Team leadership
• Event marketing and communications
• Email marketing
• Promotional design
• Team and project budget management
• Strong conceptual and strategic thinking
• Corporate communications
• Customer relationship management
• Video, multimedia, and photo art direction
The Breton Group April 2014 to Present
Act as creative lead for full-service marketing agency. Direct creation of marketing and sales collateral, websites, advertising and trade show materials. Audit, assess and improve processes to make agency run more smoothly and profitably. Transition agency to new database tool to more efficiently track time and keep projects on budget. Clients include: The Feil Organization, Basser Kaufman, Botsaris Morris, Broadwall Consulting, Rosenshein Associates INtegrated Marketing/ZitoPartners/BRUCreative January 2011 to 2014 Independent Creative Consultant
Design consultancy serving the retail, tech, financial and non-profit sectors. Create corporate brand identity and communication materials and programs to train corporate professionals in presentation best practices. Work with INtegrated Marketing Services creating Shopper Marketing materials for Unilever brands. Clients include: INtegrated Marketing Services (promotions for Unliever brands), Viacom, AMC, Advantage Sales and Marketing, The Ashway Group, WFTG, ZitoPartners, AccessYourAbility, JL Warren Capital Investments DAYMON WORLDWIDE – Stamford, CT November 1994 to January 2011 Global private brand sales and marketing company with more than 90 retail clients including Whole Foods, Costco, Kroger, 7-Eleven, Wegmans, Stop & Shop, Advance Auto and Aeon. Corporate Creative Director/Senior Brand Manager May 2006 to January 2011 Raised corporation’s competitive profile by directing the global brand image online and in print. Created and managed brand standards, advertising, corporate websites and collateral. Directed branding and marketing of trade show exhibits and events. Initiated and managed the company’s social media presence. Designed and managed content on intranet and public websites. Partnered with in-house communication team to produce daily online news for and about the enterprise. Led various internal teams to create communication and collateral material for both internal and external audiences.
• Created brand standards and the means to apply them among 200 offices worldwide
• Designed and produced online and printed company newsletters and publications
• Directed team in the creative design and execution of new public website (http://www.daymon.com).
• Directed marketing and communication team in
biennial event for over 500 attendees.
• Designed and directed the transition of corporate intranet portal to MOSS platform. Created
communication and training plan transitioning
company to new platform.
• Achieved 15% reduction in corporate print costs and greater consistency of brand across global network through creation of online print portal.
• Initiated corporate social media strategy using Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Wikipedia and LinkedIn
• Partnered with internal clients on marketing and communication programs to support revenue goals.
• Directed executives in quarterly company-wide video communication.
• Oversaw production and placement of video for
internal and external websites.
• Managed vendor and consultant relationships.
Senior Art/Production Director – Shopper Marketing November 1994 to May 2006 Created shopper-marketing programs to drive retail brand growth worldwide. Required hands-on ability to generate winning creative solutions from concept through completion. Responsibilities included client relationship from project inception to completion as well as conception and activation of marketing plans (including POS, internal awareness kits, merchandising displays, advertising, sales kits). Directed execution and delivery of creative to meet varied specifications of multiple store formats.
• Directed design and delivery of POP programs for Fleming and Ahold accommodating unique
operational specifications for multiple member and operating companies.
• Managed digital assets using Cumulus.
• Designed and executed marketing materials for
international customers including Aeon in Japan.
• Instrumental in growth of Creative Services
department from internal department to full service- marketing agency.
THE BOBST GROUP – Roseland, NJ,
U.S. Subsidiary of Bobst SA – worldwide provider of equipment and services to the packaging industry. Senior Art Director/Studio Manager
Managed creative output of internal marketing department. Produced branded materials to market the company within the graphic arts industry including trade shows, direct mail, printed collateral, advertising and newsletters. Worked with internal clients to conceive, design and execute marketing and communication projects. Hired and directed freelance designers, photographers and illustrators. THE SPECIAL PROJECTS GROUP – Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Provider of promotional and advertising solutions for ‘Blue Chip’ clients. Art Director/Mac Department Manager
Responsibilities included creative design, photo direction, and print production. Led the transition of agency from traditional to digital production. Produced direct mail campaigns for Citibank that consistently outperformed against control results.
Clients included The U.S. Mint, Sony, Citibank, Skandia RE, ESPN, Heublein, Dun and Bradstreet WATTS & PAQUET – Midland Park, NJ
Business to business advertising agency servicing customer’s in the graphic arts industry Junior Art Director
Conceived and executed creative to activate customer marketing plans. Responsibilities included design, photo direction, customer relationship management, and hiring and direction of contractors. EDUCATION
Syracuse University – Syracuse, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Advertising Design with coursework at Newhouse School of Communications SOFTWARE EXPERTISE
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML, WordPress, MS Office: Powerpoint, Word, Excel