SCOTT OVERTON S
Virginia Beach, VA 23453 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER/VICE PRESIDENT
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
Qualified through 27 + years of military service and Commercial, Federal and State
construction and contract management
Over 20 year’s professional management experience
Active Top Secret Clearance
Organizational, Communication and Program Management
• As a program manager, developed and submitted fiscal budget for the Program Objective Memorandum (POM)
• Balanced active MILCON dollars and recommended quarterly adjustments to the Planning Programming Budgeting and Execution (PPBEs) of congressionally funded construction projects
• Principal for Michigan based General Contractor
• Programs Manager for MJL Enterprises. Actively conducted Business Development with Federal Government Program
Offices, USACE, NAVSEA, PM SKOT, DLA, GSA and . EPA. Managed MJL Contract with PM SKOT for design,development, manufacture and assembly of specialized and custom tool kits for the U.S. Army and other DOD and
• Developed MILCON project designs and budgets for submission and appropriation of funds for House Armed Services
Committee (HASC) and Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC)
• Balanced active MILCON dollars and recommended quarterly adjustments to the Planning Programming Budgeting and
Execution (PPBEs) of congressionally funded construction projects
• Trained over 300 personnel in basic and advanced specialized underwater construction techniques and project
• Thorough understanding of Federal and State construction and contracting regulations
• Instrumental in development of LEED training program for Naval Construction Force
• Introduced Systems Commissioning Program for Naval Special Warfare Group FOUR
• Program management of current GSA and IDIQ contracts.
• Lead Project Manager for FEMA contracted emergency Generator in support of Storm Sandy
• Highly versed in FAR, DFAR contract regulations and Government pay systems.
• Current contract management for DHS, DOS, FEMA, USACE, USSS and VA.
• Lead Team member for proposal capture and development team.
• Provides Customer Conflict resolution.
• Routinely interfaces with Governmental agencies financial and operational departments.
• Defined project scope and develop statements of work (SOW)
• Ensured the U.S. Government received the best value for its dollar through monthly project cost report analysis and
regular site visits.
• Successfully Conducted Port Survey, Identified weaknesses, identified security assets and developed port security Plan
for U.S. and Coalition Forces in Hostile port in Iraq during first days of Combat. Port facility encompassed area of over
8 square miles. Net result was indirect fire attacks diminished by 75% within 24hrs of implementation.
• Conducted weekly brief to Chairman of the Board "Admiral" of Naval Construction Force. Arranged and facilitated
multiple Board of Directors meetings. Addressed senior executive leadership ensuring meeting stayed on schedule and
met agenda objectives.
• Trained over 300 personnel in basic and advanced specialized underwater construction techniques, project management,
Port Security Operations. Facility Security inspections, Force Protection Anti Terrorism (ATFP) planning and procedure
• Directed 120 personnel planned and executed global logistic movements of equipment and personnel in support of
planned and emergency response for construction, inspection, repair, and Humanitarian Disaster (HADR) response and
• Directed logistic support through supply department and transportation agencies
• Lead Watch Officer Emergency Operations Center (EOC) with staff of 10 following Hurricane Katrina by coordinating
and directing emergency aid, personnel and equipment resources while providing critical information for Atlantic Fleet
Commander and FEMA; successfully overcame multiple communication and policy obstacles to ensure rapid logistic
and emergency aid to victims of Katrina in MS and LA
Résumé of Qualifications Continued
Budget, Project, Operations and Logistics Management
• Construction/Program manager on 6 LEED Certified Projects
• Project manager for State of Michigan construction projects valued at $4 Million.
• Construction Manager for $13Million in construction
• Program, budget and manage an annual maintenance budget of $3.5 Million supporting over 50 facilities globally
• Directed and Managed execution of $12.6 Million in new construction and renovation for the Federal and State
• Construction Program Director for MJL Enterprises. Managed five construction contracts totaling over $6.1 Million on
three different Veterans Administration Medical Campuses. Developed project execution cost trends to project schedule
• Successfully identified project opportunity, built team and developed RFP to compete and win project developed and
awarded by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
• Effectively communicates with project stakeholders and contractors providing value engineering analysis for project cost
• Developed rapport with Contracting Officer producing project opportunity and subsequently awarded Sole Source
SDVOSB construction project worth $1.3 Million
• Owner Site Representative for Target Corporation Construction Division of Property Development; Managed Design
Build construction of two new stores and remodel of one store. Valued at $15 Million
• Managed five “design build” military construction projects (MILCON) valued at over $48 Million
• Provided guidance during RFP development phase which produced a cost savings of $500,000.00 to the government
• Provided management and oversight for the construction projects as customer representative for the government working
with all disciplines of the general contractors to include: Electrical, HVAC, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Security
Systems, Telephone/Network and Specialized Communications Systems
MJL-Enterprises August 2008 - Present
Target Corporation March 2008 - August 2008
United States Navy 1985 - March 2008
Testing for PMP Certification
Dual AA Degrees – Coastline Community College
Multiple Professional Management and Leadership courses
Multiple Technical Schools
Acquisition Professional Certification
Six Sigma Green Belt
Storm Water Protection Plan SWPP certified for State of MN
LEED AP training
Gas Free Engineer Certified
Class C Welder Qualified
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Experienced with Microsoft Project, Pro-Log and Constructware