Summary of Qualiﬁcations
Master of Business Administration and Master of Science-International Business dual graduate degree, with Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Well practiced skills in problem/solution and product/market ﬁt analysis, coaching, project management and allocating resources, by working as Deputy Production Manager. Gained six+ years of experience in industrial manufacturing, quality control and production optimization by working in heavy industries sector. Technical Skills
Agile Techniques, Business Models, Financial Analysis, Competitive Analysis, Market Research, Research & Consulting, Business Metrics and Product/feature KPI’s. Professional Experience
Market Research Co-op May 2014 – August 2014
Riipen Networks Inc., Launch Academy, Vancouver, BC
“Launched in December, 2013, Riipen is an online platform for businesses and students to meet via short-term, relevant and skill-specific projects.”
• Carried out market research project to assess the thriving platform opportunities for expansion in North America. Project focused on landscaping industries and universities from different cities.” Quality Control Manager, Deputy Production Manager May 2010 – December 2012 Badawy Group for Industry & Trading – Beeco, Cairo, Egypt
“Managed specifications, development and final testing for company portfolio of 100+ products.”
• Received Quality and Conformity Mark Scheme from Egyptian Organization for Standardization and Quality (EOS); organization recognizes and inspects quality practices in businesses.
• Oversaw a process of improving 20% of company product’s designations and speciﬁcations with compliance to ISO standards, international standards, and established new certiﬁed laboratory for material testing.
• Hired and coached quality team of four engineers and 15 techies and achieved outstanding level of customer satisfaction by developing effective quality assurance system.
• Engaged in amending and reforming company regulations and policies to comply with newly acquired ISO 9001 certiﬁcate requirements.
• Shaped inclusive quality scheme for production lines to ensure on-going reﬁnements and adjustments to production process.
Assistant Business Development Manager June 2009 - April 2010 Badawy Group for Industry & Trading – Beeco, Cairo, Egypt
• Identiﬁed company core challenges, underlined production weakness points and eventually initiated negotiations with Industrial Modernization Centre (IMC) in Egypt for sponsorship of lean- manufacturing practices implementation, using European funds of $400,000 USD.
• Involved in restructuring and editing company website into a more interactive and easy-to-navigate platform to enhance company online presence and increase trafﬁc.
• Presented company core competencies and business capacity during negotiations held in Turkey and Qatar. Negotiations targeted new partnerships with local manufacturers and resellers.
• Screened technical drawings and manuals as part of team responsible of setting up, adjusting and, operating new Cincinnati 60’’ steel slitting line on factory site to produce steel rolls. email@example.com +1-647-***-**** (texting) ca.linkedin.com/in/hishammbahdawy Hishamm Badawy
CNC Division Head February 2008 - May 2009
Badawy Group for Industry & Trading – Beeco, Cairo, Egypt
“Received client designs and requirements, carried out engineering processes, crafted inquiries and quotations and worked closely with clients all the way to deliver final customized-product.”
• Transformed CNC division into a proﬁt centre, by independently reducing operating costs and increasing income; through maximizing machine tools output, engaging technicians in decision- making, and utilizing material usage and waste control.
• Framed new skills, raised technicians’ awareness, and optimized machine tools efﬁciency, through initiating a new maintenance program and applying progressive technologies. Engineering Assistant (Summer Internship over 10 years) 1996 - 2006 Badawy Group for Industry & Trading – Beeco, Cairo, Egypt
“Worked as field assistant in both Production Department and Engineering Design Divisions.” Education
Product Management Immersive July 2015
General Assembly, San Francisco, CA
Practiced product management by working on different products with teams of product managers, designers and developers. Course included applying agile techniques, building MVP, prototyping and user-centered design.
Master of Business Administration (Dual degree) September 2014 Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo, BC
Relevant courses include International Business Strategy, Research & Consulting, Managerial Decision Making and Operations and Decision Analysis. Program focus: International Finance. Master of Science – International Business (Dual degree) September 2014 University of Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, UK
BSc - Mechanical Engineering July 2006
Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt
Program focus: Engineering Production
firstname.lastname@example.org +1-647-***-**** (texting) ca.linkedin.com/in/hishammbahdawy