Houston, TX *****
firstname.lastname@example.org - 832-***-****
To obtain an administrative position in the medical field that will allow me to utilize my customer service and medical billing skills and experience.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Abbott Michelli Technologies - Houston, TX - June 2014 to Present Responsibilities
Receive and transfer incoming calls
General office duties which include ordering supplies, filing, copying etc. Skills Used
Computer and printer to print invoices. Accounting Receptionist
Pearland Surgery Center - Pearland, TX - April 2013 to January 2014 Responsibilities
Greeting and registering patients, collecting copayments and/or deductibles/coinsurance. Answering phone. Insurance verification. Data entry. Medical records. Accomplishments
I love having a relationship with patients.
Computer, 10key calculator
FiveStar Urgent Care - Houston, TX - 2012 to 2013
Responsible for greeting and registering patients who are enduring medical emergencies
• Answered calls in high volumes from patients, doctors and insurance companies
• Verified patients insurance through Availaty and/or over the phone
• Responisble for collecting copayments and/or coinsurance
• Entering patients demographics
• Filed patients records in designated areas
Southbelt Medical Center - Houston, TX - 2009 to 2010 Compiled data for billing personnel.
• Typed invoices indicating total items toward medical costs.
• Read computer printouts to ascertain monthly costs, schedule of test completed and type of medical work performed for customer.
Dr. Ori Hampel - Pasadena, TX - 2001 to 2003
Compiled, verified, typed and filed medical records.
• Prepared folders and maintained records of newly admitted patients.
• Reviewed medical records for completeness, assembled records into standard order and filed records in designated areas according to applicable alphabetic and numeric filing system.
• Compiled statistical data, such as admissions, discharges and types of treatment given. Check out clerk
OB-GYN & Associates - Houston, TX - 1999 to 2001
Answered customers' questions regarding prices and services rendered.
• Compiled data for billing personnel.
• Typed invoices indicating total items for medical cost. EDUCATION
Medical Billing Tech
Professional Careers Institute - Houston, TX
Bank Teller Training
San Jacinto College - Pasadena, TX
Data Entry (8 years), Quickbooks (2 years), Medisoft (4 years), Billing (7 years), Accounts Payable (2 years), Accounts Receivable (2 years), Insurance Verification (9 years), Billing (9 years) CERTIFICATIONS
Medical Billing and Coding