CURRENT ROLE: Executive Leadership Role in the Aviation Sector
Over 30 years of experience driving strategic growth,design,projects, operations and maintenance for Airports Authority of India.
Highly competitive, passionate, persuasive and articulate, able to achieve results others believed to be not possible.
Experience includes large scale electrical and mechanical installations including civil works as project-head in the aviation sector, public relations and partnership building.
Demonstrated success record in:
• Proven record of initiative and success in design, installation & maintenance of electrical & mechanical equipment at various international airports in Asia Pacific .
• C-level relationship development, proposal writing and project management within small projects to large-scale international aviation sector projects
• Hiring, training and mentoring junior staff to build highly competitive teams of several hundred employees. Experience includes leading a team of over 1400 including engineers and technicians
• Laying down policies, procedures and standards for maintenance work. Excellent level of service both for preventive as well as major over hauling of various facilities
• Distilling value, overcoming objections and securing hard to close deals
• Vendor management and budget evaluation
• Extensive Aviation Sector Experience • Large Scale Mechanical & Electrical Installations
• Training, Mentoring & Leadership • Airports Operations & Maintenance
• Competitive & Strategic Planning • Budgeting & Forecasting
• Prospecting & Client Cultivation • Vendor Management
A K AGGARWAL
DOB: 8th February, 1952
Specialist in Airport development and expansion works. Team & Vendor Management to achieve world class standard in Civil, Electrical Mechanical & Electronic projects
CONSULTANT-BUSINESS CONTINUTY MANAGEMENT (ERNST & YOUNG) FOR DELHI AIRPORT:-
Technical consultancy for operational area, terminal building, arrivals, departures,city-side areas and utility buildings such as udaan-bhavan, BHS, PBBS,ELEVATORS, ESCALATORS, WALKWAYS, power-stations, air-conditioning plants, fire-station, pumps, stp multy-tier car-parking etc.,
Project- In- Charge Jt.General Manager: Dibrugarh Airport Project, Assam 2010 -29th feb-2012
Civil, Electrical, Mechanical& Electronics Project, maintenance Head.
Managing a team of 250 people across levels and a budget of Rs. 500 Million annually
Runway strengthening & Extension of rwy
Rwy carpeting, installation of rwy fittings, rwy markings, grading
GPS Aided Geo Augmented Navigation System (GAGAN)
Developing the GAGAN facility and contributing to the FMS (Flight Management System) Doppler Weather Radar (DWR) & Automated Weather Observing System (AWOS)
DWR building & AWOS facilities being established in Dibrugarh.
Const. of Fire- Station
Construction of Building, civil, electrical works
Previous Work Experience
Joint General Manager: Amritsar Airport 2006 – 2010
Responsible for expanding and developing Amritsar International Airport.
Completed the airport in a record period and delivered in 2009.
Deputy General Manager: Delhi Airport Project 2004 – 2006
Electrical Planning, Designing & Implementation at Delhi Airports:
Electrification External/ Internal, Air Conditioning, Power Supply, E&M Installation,
Aerobridges, Baggage Conveyor Systems, Runway Lighting
Arbitration cases between contractors and AAI
Executive Engineer, Head Quarter Delhi 2002 – 2006
Budgeting, Consultancy & Review:
Consultation to Airports, Budget Allocation, Cash Flow and Operating Capital Management
Consultancy & Review for Western & Southern Region International Airports.
Executive Engineer, Delhi Project Office 1995 – 2002
E&M Installation for:
Delhi Airport Head Quarters
All terminals – Domestic & International Delhi Airport
Export & Import Cargo terminal at Delhi Airport
Air Traffic Control Building (ATC)
National Institute of Aviation Management and Research (NIAMAR)
First time initiative in India:
Presidents Award for fabrication of 40m high hydraulic lift.
High Intensity Light fitting
CAT II Lighting
High Mast Tower Lighting
Preventive Maintenance Scheduling
Consulting & Executing the Airport projects at Libya, Yemen, Maldives, Nauru and Indonesia
On roaster of ICAO Montreal, QC, Canada Technical co-ordination program as an Expert.
M/s. York, China: Factory inspection carried out for centrifugal air-conditioning machines.
M/s. Thorn Lighting, Paris, Italy: Inspection of runway lighting.
M/s. ATG, U.K. England: Factory inspection of CCRS & Runway Signage.
South East Asia- Changi Airport, Bangkok International Airport, Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Koh Samui Airport and Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
B. Sc Engineering – NIT Kurukshetra 1969 – 1974