*** * *** ** #*, San Bernardino, CA 92410
Highly self-motivated and analytical logistics specialist with over 18 years of knowledge and experience. Looking for a challenging position as a shipping supervisor or manager in a fast paced environment. Trustworthy team player with great organization, time management, and decision making skills. Fast learner with excellent customer service and developed conflict resolution skills. Professional Experience
Shipping Manager GracelockLogistics (Redlands,CA) Sep 2014 – Mar 2015 Managed daily activities and employees in a 3PL distribution center. Ensured accuracy, completeness, and condition of all incoming and outgoing shipments and consistently resolved customer issues.
• Implemented procedures to improve quality, productivity and efficiency
• Maintained relationships with carriers
• Hiring, Training, and evaluation of employees
• Handled all customer service issues
• Headed Returns department for vendor and customer returns Shipping Supervisor MD Barnmaster (Ontario,CA) Oct 2013 – Aug 2014 Prepared documents and coordinated logistics for product shipments. Maintained shipping records, including providing tracking or shipping history information to customers on request.
• Resolved customer-related shipping issues
• Domestic and International freight transactions
• Collected Final Payment on all Orders prior to Shipping
• Create and maintain production and shipping schedules
• Maintained and Reconciled Inventory
Logistics Supervisor R&M Supply Inc. (Perris,CA) Oct 2012 – Sept 2013 Supervised staff of 6 in the shipping department and monitored all shipments to meet on-time delivery and tight deadlines. Defined appropriate metrics and measurements by creating KPI's to drive results, improve efficiency and lower costs.
• Negotiate contracts with outside providers to minimize costs
• Establish transportation cost standards and economical shipping practices
• Create, update, and implement standard operating procedures for shipping dept.
• Communicate all emergencies, delays or changes for shipments in transit
• A/P for all logistics related invoicing, managed payroll, and held safety meetings Page 2 of 2
Logistics Supervisor Sunset Pacific Transportation (Chino,CA) July 2010 – Aug 2012 May 2005 – June 2008
Ensured effective and timely implementation of all daily logistics operation goals, shipping functions and inventory management. Supervised all shipments to mid-west region ensuring on-time delivery by network of couriers and warehouses.
• Establish and manage relationships with warehouses, carriers, customs brokers, drayage providers, sales force and customers
• Plan, consolidate, and arrange logistics required shipments
• Acted as a liaison between logistics, carriers and customers
• Developed system solutions and logistic programs Operations Manager SRT Inc. (San Bernardino & Fresno,CA) Feb 2008 – May 2010 Managed and directed operations team of 8 to achieve business goals. Built strong customer relationships by addressing customer issues and complaints in a timely manner.
• Analyzed and provided standard operating procedures to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and minimize shipment, customer or operational issues.
• Conducted regular team meetings and delegated staff duties and projects
• Monitored and Controlled expenses according to allotted budget
• Conducted performance reviews, employee training, hiring and terminations Shipping Coordinator Titanium Metals Corp. (Tustin, CA) Mar 1993 – Nov 2004 Processed all orders at Tustin service center from order entry to delivery of shipments to customer. Also conducted 3 year project to implement and configure SAP company wide and training of all company service centers in California, Missouri, Ohio, Nevada, and Colorado.
• Handled shipments, quality control, and checked bills of lading for accuracy
• Audited all certification/specification to ensure customer requirements have been met
• Performed inventory and cycle counts
• Handled customer inquiries and complaints efficiently and effectively
• Prepared and reviewed purchase orders, monitored A/P and monthly closing of books Technical Skills
• Proficient in SAP, DaVinci, Wasp, Gold Mine, P21
• Certified 5S Lean manufacturing
• 85 wpm, excellent data entry
• Fluent in MS Excel and Word
• Bilingual - fluent in German