Royal Raja Saripalli, B.COMM, MBA, MCP,
Senior accounting and financial management executive. Brampton, ON
email@example.com - 416-***-****
Accomplished result driven senior accounting and financial management executive with over 15 years of progressive experience in corporate accounting, finance, cash flow management, strategic planning, project/ cost controls and internal auditing controls. Streamlined business operations towards growth, efficiency and increasing the bottom line profitability. Possess strong leadership communications and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with all levels of staff and management WORK EXPERIENCE
Sunbelt Logistics Group - Mississauga, ON - 2011 to Present Lead all aspects of financial operations, internal controls, treasury functions & sign cheques
• Implemented & trained staff to ensure transition to new accounting & dispatch software.
• Oversee all operations of accounting department, administration, payroll, treasury, IT and monthly preparation of performance implementation program reports for all employees.
. Analyze data and take strategic decisions to cut costs/overheads & increase profits.
• Implement policies in accordance with G A A P and monitor all accounts & reconciliations.
• Filing of HST, WSIB, EHT, statutory returns & liaise with internal & external contacts.
• Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and preparation of budgets & variance analysis reporting to the president for cost containment and continuous improvement
• Prepare working papers to assist external auditors & assist external IT support staff
. Developed & implemented internal controls & executed Payee Match to mitigate risks. Controller for a food & transportation
Signature Bakery Inc/ BakeTree & Signature Xpress - 2006 to 2011 Conducted internal audit and matched payment vouchers from the source documents. Compiled product profitability reports using Pivot tables, What if, Goal seek & lookup.
• Developed strategy to reduce raw material waste by 4% and increase profitability.
• Analyzed work flow and strategically altered work schedules to reduce labor costs by 5%
• Banking, payroll processing reduced debtor's aging by 25% & achieved Forex savings,
• Assisted in implementing New ERP software ACCPAC WINDOWS 5.4 in 2006.
• Filing of GST, WSIB, Butter Reports, IFTA, NYS RETURNS. EDP invoice processing.
• Preparation of monthly financial statements, budgets, forecasts & variance analysis.
• Prepared and analyzed reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis like weekly labor percentage reports, weekly spoilage/wastage reports, freight analysis reports, monthly product mix reports and customer wise profitability reports to derive KPI's.
• Cash flow preparations and asset management reports to the president.
• Developed cost analysis, break-even analysis, margin analysis and controls.
• Prepared required documentation for consultant and secured SR&ED tax credits. Part time Controller for an accounting firm
A4 Financial Group - Etobicoke, ON - 2005 to 2006
Preparation of financial statements and tax returns for clients.
• Filing various statutory and regulatory returns as per client's needs. Accountant
Printing Company - Etobicoke, ON - 2005 to 2005
Conducted internal audit and matched payment vouchers from the source documents.
• Verified time cards for 150 employees to ensure accuracy of labor costs Accountant
Wholesale Tools Distributor - Etobicoke, ON - 2004 to 2005 Managed A/P /A/R /GL using Access, Excel, Quick Books and ACCPAC
• Conducted payroll calculations and wrote cheques and GST, WSIB returns
• Conducted daily deposits and Bank Reconciliations and Reconciliations of A/P and A/R, Coordinated visa payments, prepared schedules, and passed journal entries. Financial Director for an equipment rental & manufacturing company Adima Hire and Manufacturing Pty Ltd - 1993 to 2004 Botswana - Southern Africa.
• Prepared financial analysis statements, suggested remedial measures and implemented the same to steer back the company into profit making activities thereby increasing the bottom line
• Supervised and coached 9 assistants from accounting & credit control departments.
• Prepared monthly financial statements, budgets, variance analysis, general ledger and trial balance, and managed accounts receivable and payable
• Prepared P&L and utilization reports for Construction Fleet management
• Generated various documents such as aged debtors, creditors, investment, cash flow, and sales reports, inter company accounts using ACCPAC, Excel and Word
• Developed cost analysis, break-even analysis, accounting policies, stock control procedures and internal audit & control procedures.
Assistant Audit Officer for Government
Accounts & Audit Department - Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh - 1987 to 1993 Office of the Accountant General, Hyderabad, India
• Conducted propriety and annual accounts audits of Government companies, corporations and undertakings and submitted reports to the Comptroller and Auditor General. Conducted State Electricity Board revenue & annual accounts audits.
• Reported risk assessments & deficiencies of internal audit departments. EDUCATION
University of Botswana - Botswana
University of Bombay - Mumbai, Maharashtra
CMA Ontario - Membership # 31034846 - Toronto, ON
Microsoft Certified Professional
Section Officer Grade Examination
Indian Audit & Accounts Department
Canadian Tax Course (Basic & Advanced)
Completed SAP ( FI CO ) Training
Excel Course Advanced
Completed Oracle Training
Associate Member of Institute of Internal Auditors AWARDS
Merit Certifacte from Accountant General for meritorius Audit Report CERTIFICATIONS
MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)