SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Customer-focused Information Technology and Business Analysis Professional with 20+ years’ experience leading and
supporting multiple, large and small scale projects including Strategic Planning, Business Process Redesign, Systems
Analysis, Data Analysis and Modeling, Database Design and Software Applications Programming.
* Develops scope & requirements documents, conceptual models, user interface designs & back end reporting.
* Manage projects to successful completion within scope, schedule, budget, & identified risk.
*Can easily transition between project manager and business analyst roles.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Proven ability in identifying business process improvements.
* Skilled at building excellent business management relationships.
* Highly skilled at interacting with stakeholders / customers to align IT with organizational goals while providing technical
* Mature interpersonal skills & excellent communication skills at all levels; both written and verbal.
* Possesses a high degree of professionalism and dedication to exceptional quality and continuous improvement.
* Trusted advisor to senior executives including executive direct reports.
* Extensive formalized training in Continuous Improvement methods and techniques.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Project Leadership, Program & Project Management / Execution, Recruitment & Selection, Coaching & Mentoring,
Team Building, Continuous Improvement, Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis, Executive Reporting,
Financial Reporting, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) / Measures, Training, Information Technology Infrastructure
Library (ITIL), Agile, Scrum, SDLC, SharePoint, E-Commerce, PMI/PMBOK.
RELEVANT TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
Program Manager / Senior Consultant, Trinity Applied Strategies (TAS-Corp), Alexandria, Virginia, January
2013 – November 2013. Telecommuting / remote opportunity which is now complete.
*Identified and managed an IT vendor responsible for implementing a cloud-based network infrastructure for a small
Program Manager, URS CH2M Oak Ridge, LLC (UCOR) / Restoration Services (RSI), July 2011 to June 2012.
Business Analyst / Application Change Manager, Bechtel Jacobs Engineering LLC, July 2009 to July 2011.
(Contract transition from Bechtel Jacobs to UCOR in 2011)
*Direct oversight of 40+ Subcontract Coordinators that provide Procurement/Financial & Project Controls support.
*Responsible for ensuring standard methods and procedures (ITIL) were used for efficient and prompt handling of all
changes in order to minimize the impact of any related incidents.
*Chaired Change Advisory Board (CAB) for all Environmental Information Management (EIM) Systems.
*Designed & implemented a project management framework for the Sample Management Office (SMO) for
improved project management tracking, improved business processes, and end user reporting capability. This included
requirements gathering for a small business support application to manage day to day reporting of Contract
Compliance Verification (CCV) & Data Validation status.
*Recommended and facilitated improvements to both the Project Environment Measurement System (PEMS) and
Tracker to include real-time, on-line status reporting.
Manager, Project Management Office, Regal Entertainment, Knoxville, Tennessee, April 2007 to June 2009.
*Responsible for creating a start-up PMO for all areas of Information Technology. This included Applications
Development & Support, Business Intelligence, Service Delivery, Quality Assurance, Information Security,
Communication (Telecommunication) Systems, and Infrastructure & Network Operations.
*Initiated ITIL implementation (Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management) to apply best practices.
*Originally hired as a Business Systems Analyst supporting corporate applications.
Applications Development Section Manager, ORAU, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, July 1994 to March 2007.
* Selected by ORAU’s President to lead a team of 5 Program Directors responsible for developing the company’s 5 year
Strategic Plan. Upon completion I was ask to stay engaged through implementation (quarterly status reports).
* Facilitated Business Process Re-engineering sessions (e.g., cross-functional teams) initiated by an organizational
wide Continuous Improvement effort. This included all Business Operations support processes including Facilities
Management, Safeguards & Security, Procurement, Travel, Financials, IT, Communications, Printing, & Design,
Telecommunications and Human Resources.
* Responsible for migration of all the above software applications to ORACLE including a few small Access databases
to manage the less complex processes.
* Delivered Microsoft Office Suite training to 500+ employees (company-wide initiative).
* Direct and manage day to day operation of 9 ORAU programmers and on an as needed basis, contract programmers,
for all custom developed software and database applications. Includes support to both Business Operations
infrastructure groups and ORAU’s DOE facility groups (e.g., Center for Epidemiologic Research (CER),
Center for Human Reliability Studies (CHRS), Environment, Safety and Health (ESH), Health, Safety, and Emergency
Management (HSE), Performance Systems (PS), President/Directors Office, Audit, Radiation Emergency Assistance
Center (REAC/TS), Radiological Safety Assessment & Training (RSAT), Science & Engineering Education (SEE), and
the National Security Operations (NSO).
* Research vendor solutions and recommend “make or buy” solution.
* Develop scope & requirements documents, conceptual models & user interface designs.
* Manage overall software development budget and individual project budgets, create project plans & timelines.
* Develop annual performance plans, bi-annual performance evaluations.
* Develop policy and procedures.
* Facilitate JRP (Joint Requirements Planning) and JAD (Joint Application Design) sessions including project
coordination with network & server infrastructure and cyber security manager(s).
* Facilitator and trainer for IT continuous improvement.
Personal Services Contract, Swift & Staley Mechanical Engineers – 2006
* IT security assessment to ensure DOE contract compliance for the Gaseous Diffusion Plant at Paducah.
Database Development Manager, U.T., Knoxville, Tennessee, March 1992 to July 1994.
* Responsible for technology transfer to Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Performed as the CASE Methodologist, facilitated
feedback sessions to define business rules and customer requirements using ORACLE*CASE Methodology.
* Developed normalized Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), Data Flow Diagrams and Process and Function Models.
* Worked closely with DBAs to implement logical data models into physical database structures.
* Coordinated User Training.
* Responsible for technical evaluation of the Oak Ridge Environmental Information System (OREIS) database structure
including complete redesign of the existing database architecture from flat file structure to relational database structure.
* Complete responsibility for the OREIS data model.
* Responsible for analyzing user information needs to define the business rules and appropriate relationships and
attributes governing the OREIS database.
* Assistant Project Manager to the Emergency Management Information System (EMIS).
Systems Consultant/Satellite Office Manager/Marketing Technical Representative, ICF Information Technology,
Inc., Oak Ridge, Tennessee, April 1991 to March 1992.
Business Analyst/Project Manager, Chartway Technologies/Sage Federal Systems, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, October
1987 to April 1991.
Senior Systems Analyst/Project Leader, Contel Corporation, Atlanta, Georgia, June 1985 to October 1987.
Programmer Analyst, Knox County Government, Automated Systems Division, Knoxville, Tennessee, August 1981 to
M.S., Human Resources / Organizational Development / University of Tennessee
B.S., Human Resources / Industrial Training / University of Tennessee
A.S., Computer Science / Pellissippi State Technical Community College
Oak Ridge Leadership
Leadership Development Institute (LDI) - Leadership, Negotiation, and Conflict Management
Project Management Certificate (PMI / PMBOK)
Project Management Professional (PMP) – in process
United Way of Anderson County (UWAC) – Loaned Executive
United Way of Anderson County (UWAC) – Fund Distribution Panel
One City One Book Oak Ridge
Knox County Adopt-A-Road Program
Knox County Juvenile Court
Certified Victim Advocate – car crash victims
Author of “Who Was Kim Cress” – Tennessee Valley Publishing- 2009 (non fiction)
President & Board Member – Coventry Home Owners Association