Sumter, SC 29154 firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Obtained a MS in Occupational Safety and Health with emphasis in Industrial Hygiene. Skilled in
performing sampling, (air, noise, dosimetry and ventilation) inspections and audits. Competent with
opening/closing conferences, inspecting workplaces and formal reports. Seeking a position as an IH.
WORK EXPERIENCE Industrial Hygienist Technician
2013-present Magnificus, WPAF/SHAW Base, Fairborn Ohio/Sumter SC
• Perform inspections which include all programs, hazards and controls.
• Interview shop supervisor/workers to evaluate risks and in-place controls.
• Verify or suggest proper engineering, administration or PPE controls to
• Perform air, noise, dosimetry and ventilation sampling.
• Explain in formal letters risks identified and suggest the proper hierarchy
of controls to eliminate, reduce or control hazards.
Owner/Operator/Safety/Industrial Hygiene Director
S&S Concrete, Huber Heights, Ohio
• A small operation started of less than 25 employee business.
• The company specializing in removal and replacement of residential
concrete driveways, sidewalks, porches and patios.
• Administer the IH/Safety program including all training.
Ernst Enterprises, Dayton, Ohio
• Performed pre/post-trip inspections of assigned truck according to CFR 49
• Loaded truck, tempered load, and delivered concrete safely.
2001-2002 Safety/Industrial Hygiene Director
Cargill, Dayton, Ohio
• Trained and fit-tested all required employees as a certified 3M-fit-tester.
• Performed noise monitoring to ensure employees were not over-exposed.
• Adapted and implemented Ohio’s BWC behavior-based safety process.
• Updated many safety programs including: Lockout-Tagout, Confined
Space Entry, Motorized Industrial Trucks, and Incident Investigation.
• Trained safety inspectors and performed monthly plant safety inspections.
EDUCATION: Murray State University, Murray, Kentucky
2000 Master of Science in Industrial Hygiene (GPA 3.7)
Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (GPA 3.5)
Volunteer Work Safety/IH Internship, Veterans Affairs, Dayton, Ohio
1/2011-9/2011 Created an electronic, equipment specific Lockout/Tagout procedure
template. Completed 200 Lockout/Tagout procedures in six weeks.