• Excellent experience of over 9+ years in the area of Embedded Technologies development using
C, C++, and microcontrollers like 8/16/32 bit.
• Very good experience working with different microcontrollers Atmel48pa, H836079, H83687,
H836077, ARM 7TDMI-S.
• Strong expertise in home appliance domain like refrigeration for GE and room heating for Robert
• Excellent hands-on experience of Embedded Device Drivers development for serial drivers.
• Comprehensive knowledge of embedded Linux system deployment
• Proficient experience with communication protocols like I2C, LIN, RS232, and SPI.
• Strong debugging software and hardware skills using JTAG, Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes
• Working knowledge of interfacing peripherals like LCD, Keypad, Buzzer, EEPROM (with
I2C) with micro controllers.
• Expertise in testing the products using the different tools like PC-lint, Parasoft, Imagix, shifTT.
• Good experience in debugging memory issues for normal function of the embedded software
using various tools.
• Proficient with UML tools like rational rose for low level design documents.
• Extensive exposure to version control tools like MKS, VSS and CVS.
• Sound knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• Proven experience in interacting with Cross-functional and cultural teams on a daily basis and
maintains positive communication and work relationships at all business levels.
• Effective time management skills in handling projects and deadlines under minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical, presentation, problem solving, risk analysis, communication & mentoring
• Six Sigma Green belt certification.
Real time Operating Systems Linux, RTA-Osek, Windows
Debuggers and emulators JTAG, IAR, Minicube, jlink, E6000, Tiny/SLPE7.
SDLC methodologies Waterfall, Agile
Tools & Utilities Source Insight, VSS, HEW, and IAR, Rhapsody,
Doors, RTRT, PC-lint, Parasoft, Imagix, ARM and
flash utility, Easy GUI, Make
Communication Protocols SPI, I2C UART, LIN, CAN.
Microcontrollers Atmel48pa, H836079, H83687, H836077, ARM
High Level Languages C, C++, Visual basic.
IDE shiftTT, IAR,HEW
Page: 1 of 5
Robert Bosch (Wernau, Germany) Oct 2012 to Jan 2015
Room Heating System:
The project is for room heating systems for buildings. The software had three variants mid, low and x-
low. The software was developed using layer based design approach. Followed agile methodology for
development. Implemented V850ES-37996 configuration for all peripherals, configuration management,
Floor pavement drying, hot water distribution, temperature control being other modules.
• Analyzed the requirement for the system and identified documents pertaining to the technical
specifications of the system’s software
• Configurations setup for peripherals GPIO, matrix keypad, UART0, UART1, I2C, ADC, timers,
• Active involvement in design of scheduler activities for the mid variant.
• Design and implementation of low level drivers for I2C & Keypad.
• Design and implementation of internal SCM, Floor pavement drying, hot water distribution,
temperature control, time management modules.
• Conducted design and coding reviews among the team members and spearheaded the reviews with
• Onsite and offshore coordination for team which included delegations of task, client coordination.
Operating systems: Linux, Languages: C, Hardware: V850ES-37996, Dev Tools: IAR, Minicube,
MKS, QA Tools- WIKI, Shift TT.
Master Lock (Milwaukee WI) Aug 2010 to Sept 2012
The software uses a number combination to unlock the safe. The buzzer sounds on a forced entry. The
safe used to fallback to standby mode when not in use. The project was a low power module. The
architecture was done using UML. The project involved 4X3 tactile keypad matrix, buzzer.
• Played a crucial role in selecting the microcontroller for low power applications.
• Designed and Developed system to collect parameters and conditions for lock safe using UML tools
like Rational Rose.
• Implementation of low level drivers for 4X3 tactile keypad matrix, buzzer, I2C for EEPROM.
• Implementation of password management modes(single/multiple entry) and Energy management
• Creation and execution of test procedures for testing lock safe systems on the production line.
Languages: C, Hardware: ATMega48pa, Dev Tools: ATMEL AVR Studio.
General Electric (Louisville KY) Aug
2007 to Jul 2010
Page: 2 of 5
Combined HMI Rewrite
The project aimed at functional requirements of the fixed icon, LED, Dispense/Temp Control board
application software. It included HMI functionality, precise fill dispenser functionality and feature pan
functionality. The LCD used was a TFT LCD which was used to display screens. Implemented feature
Pan, Adjust Temperature, LED and keypad Drivers and ALT testing for Hardware Black Box testing, New
screens for LCD, Interfaces and peripheral
• Gathered and analyzed the requirement from the client and translated them into design.
• Implemented embedded C code for peripherals GPIO, matrix keypad, I2C, ADC, timers, external
interrupt, Touch drivers and LCD display drivers and watchdog timer in interrupt mode
• Implemented feature pan, temperature, keypad modules using quantum framework.
• Testing the functionality of Drivers and Application using HEW IDE.
• Conducted low level debugging using oscilloscope.
• Understanding the concepts of AMBA architecture.
Languages: C, Hardware: H836079, E6000 emulator, ARM 7TDMI Dev Tools: HEW4.04, Easy GUI,
Cross studio, JTAG. QA Tools: PC-lint, Parasoft, Imagix, Quantum Framework.
Prototype for LIN Keypad
The keypad was modeled using LIN protocol. This was a prototype project which used to send keypad
action using LIN messages.
• Designed and developed the schedule table and frame tables for transfer of frames to the main board.
• Code modifications done for acceptance of the frames from the schedule table.
• Performed testing using LIN analyzer and presented to client for acceptance.
Languages: C, Hardware: H836079, ARM7TDMI, E6000 emulator Dev Tools: HEW 4.04, Easy GUI,
Cross studio, JTAG. QA Tools: PC-lint, Parasoft, Imagix
Introduction of diagnostic tool for service technicians to diagnose the refrigerator failure on field. This
tool has given GE over 500k savings.
• Design of screen to display all crucial refrigerator parameters.
• Participated in design review with the end customers.
• Implemented code to fetch the internal parameters from the main board.
• Performed testing for the functionality of the tool.
• Imparted training to technicians on usage of tool and features.
Languages: Visual Basic
Satyam (Hyderabad, India) Jan 2006 to Jul 2007
Senior Software Engineer
Back porting of serial driver
Page: 3 of 5
The serial port driver was written for the previous release of SoC (system on chip), the aim of this project
was to port the serial port driver on new release of SoC and test its functionality. It was part of activity
during board bring up and testing hardware blocks at boot-loader level of new chip.
• Involved in design, documentation, coding and testing (unit and integration testing).
• Responsible in bringing serial port during board bring up- involves boot loader, Linux configuration.
• Low level features testing of serial port in U-boot.
• Application level testing of serial port driver in embedded Linux.
Dev Tools: ARM7tdmi, Linux, C.
Flight Data Recorder and Telemetry Data Analysis
The Scope of the project is to record various critical parameters of the aircraft and transmit to ground
station, so at ground, the user can interpret overall health of aircraft.
• Played an active role for understanding the aerospace domain.
• Played a key role in designing of the scheduler for the Flight Data Recorder side and also
multithreaded application for Telemetry Data Analysis side.
• Designed and implemented the Health monitoring and Data Display modules.
• Designed and implemented messages in the form of IRIG format adhering to DO178 B standard.
• Testing functionality which includes Unit Testing and writing test cases.
• Configuration management using VSS.
Languages: C++ Tools: Rhapsody, RTRT, Doors. Hardware: ARM 7TDMI.
Renesas Solutions Corp. (Santa Clara, CA) Jan 2005 to Dec 2005
The Scope of the project is to evaluate the performance of H8/3687 Microcontroller for EMI/EMC
immunity levels considering a target application approach.I2C, keypad, and buzzer functionalities were
tested for EMI/EMC standard.
• Played an active role for understanding the EMI/EMC standards.
• Successfully completed the EEPROM module coding using the I2C protocol compliant to EMI/EMC
• Implemented Keypad and buzzer modules as per EMI/EMC standard.
• Involved unit testing and functional testing.
• Prepared & published technical note for the result obtained during testing.
Languages: C, Tools: HEW. Hardware: Target board with H83687 and HMI card. Also Tiny/SLP E7
TVSE (Hyderabad, India) Jun 2004 to Dec 2004
Alignment of carriage motor table
Page: 4 of 5
Alignment of carriage motor tables, Optimization. The project aims at change of the existing carriage
motor from existing 1/90’’ to 1/60’’. The printer is 9 wires, 80-column printer.
• Played an active role in fixing the carriage motor tables as per the steps requirement provided by
• Played an active role in implementing new enhancement according to the client requirement.
• Worked on issues like carriage banging, steps calculation for the printer.
• Actively involved in unit testing and system testing.
Languages: C, Dev Tools: M tool, Source Insight. Hardware: M16 microprocessor, M30620T2 (MCU)
and PC4701U (High performance emulator)
TRW (Chicago, USA) Dec 2003 to May 2004
Tire pressure monitoring system
The project was about to monitor the tire’s pressure and temperature. The motor used for the purpose was
Honda Accord. The project involved the testing on the Hitachi emulator HE6000 AND MCU (Micro
controller Unit) Hitachi H8S/2612.The TPMS ECU performs low frequency (LF) transmissions of
commands (initiation) to the each TPS, monitors for transmitted TPS (TPS) messages, and provides a
warning when a tire’s pressure drops below a pre-defined threshold.
• Played an active role in testing the system for the active bugs and reporting them.
• Responsible for writing the test cases according to the client requirement and actively tested them.
• Performed unit testing and system testing.
• Project status tracking and update.
Languages: C, Dev Tools: Honda diagnostic tool, Beyond Compare. Hardware: Hitachi emulator
HE6000 AND MCU (Micro controller Unit) Hitachi H8S/2612.
Page: 5 of 5