N arayana Vijesh Ravindran
• Experience in automotive components, sheet metal works, Plastic injection molding, and FMEA
t hrough the manufacturing industry and at public sectors in India.
• Certified Engineer in T raining and (E I T) and certification in CAD software
( Pro/ENGI NEER, SolidWorks) a long with 4+ years of project and industry experience of ANSA,
• Experience in design of heat exchangers, HVAC and analysis of Suspension, chassis,
f ixtures, and piping.
• Analytical and problem solving skills in Thermal and Fluid sciences using MATLAB and FE
method and strong understanding of Manufacturing Technology.
E D UCAT ION
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
The State University of New York at Buffalo, NY
• GPA: 3.09
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical
Anna University, India
• GPA: 8.49/10
Relevant Coursework : Design of Machine Element • Design of Jigs and Fixtures • Dynamics of Machinery
• F ini te Element Structural Analysis • Fluid Mechanics • Computational Fluid Dynamics • Heat
T ransfer • Advanced Material Sciences • Supply Chain Management.
Software: P ro/E, SOLIDWORKS, ANSYS, CATIA5, UG, Fluent, REVIT, AutoCAD, ABAQUS, MS Office,
Certification: Certified SolidWorks Associate SolidWorks, Certification of Completion –
P ro/ENG INEER Certified Engineer in T raining (E.I.T)
Tools/Techniques: H VAC, GD&T, FMEA, Product design, Optimization, Injection molding, sheet metal,
Lean, CNC, APQP.
E XPER I ENCE
Jul 2012-Jun 2013
Junior Quality Engineer
Leo Pressings and Engineers, Chennai, India
• Inspected the automotive press component as a line inspector and wrote observation report.
• Developed, diagnosed, and implemented quality programs, including t racking, analyzing, reporting
and problem-solving using recognized tools such as PPAP and followed ISO control plan and SOP-
Standard Operating Procedure
• Achieved an increase in production rate (6.48%) by diagnosing and rectifying defect component by
metrology and statistical methods (SPC) collaborating with the Quality Management team.
• Involved in fabrication, operation, installations, maintenance, and t roubleshooting of equipment.
• Helped in prescribing GD&T to the design engineers and aided them in the design using Pro/E
Advanced Product Quality Planning: Leo Pressings and Engineers
• Deployed APQP workflow technique for the product development according to the client
• Reviewed the critical characteristics with the customers and replied the information to the
• Inspected at the suppliers to double check the inspection method and measurements.
• Reviewed and updated timeline submission weekly.
May 2011-Jun 2011
S tudent I ntern
Integral Coach Factory (ICF), India
• Obtained practical and hands-on t raining in various large and heavy machinery.
• Inferred the importance of standard measurements like ASME.
Dec 2010-Jan 2011
Student I ntern
Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC), India
• Collaborated with a multi-disciplinary team of thermal engineers, design engineers, and electrical
engineers and proposed a report on the optimization of boiler feed.
P UBL ICAT IONS
• Narayana Vijesh Ravindran, ArulmozhiVarman Seetharaman. “Waste Heat Recovery from
Porous LPG Gas Burners used for Cooking” . American Society of Mechanical Engineers
I MECE 2014, Montreal, Canada, 2014.
o Lead the project as Lead Author and presented the paper at the Conference.
Selected papers for the conference
• Narayana Vijesh Ravindran, Ragaventhra Prasad, Deepan Murali . “CFD Analysis of Flash
D uct D ryer”. ASME Power and Energy conference, June 2015.
• Narayana Vijesh Ravindran, Kaviyarasan, Gowtham Rajendran. “Study on Thermal
E fficiency Enhancement in Solar Tunnel D ryer” . ASME Power and Energy Conference, June
o Lead author of both the papers.
P ROJECT EXPER I E NCES
Numerical Solution for Laminar flow backward step using 2D incompressible Non-Linear
N avier-Stokes equation with residual smoothing
• Programmed a CFD MATLAB numerical function to solve the incompressible Navier-Stokes
• Generated the simulation output of the vortices in the model with prescribed boundary conditions.
Design and Fabrication of Vehicle Running by CVT system using Reeves D rive
• Designed and fabricated an industrial vehicle in which gear t ransmission system was replaced
w ith continuously variable t ransmission (CVT) system which runs on the concept of reeves drive
• Fabricated a CVT system using Reeves Drive which eliminates clutch and gear box assembly from
t he t ransmission system, making t ransmit ting mechanism simple and reduce loss.
H VAC review of building and comparison with ASHRAE standards
• Reviewed building’s compliance with the systems and equipment requirements in section 5 of the
s tandard and calculated ventilation procedure to compare with ASHRAE standard 62.1.
• Reported the corrections to improve the efficiency of the overall system.
Finite Element Method Analysis of Pressure Vessel and piping Design
• Designed a Solid Pressure Vessel and checked parameters according to ASME Sec VI I I Division I
• Calculated the various theoretical limits of the single and multi-layer pressure vessel.
• Optimized dimension and analyzed (Von mises analysis) using ANSYS to compare with the
t heoretical result.
D esign and Analysis of Static and Dynamic Vibrations of Sugarcane I nfielder suspension and
C hassis Summer 2011
• Designed new sugarcane infielder suspension and chassis using Pro/E based on dimension
specification given by Sakthi Sugars L imited.
• Tested with 7 tons of load in ABAQUS and the newly designed suspension takes away all the
v ibrations and dynamic load preventing the damage caused by absorbing load.
H O NORS /LEADERSH I P
• Congress Correspondent, ASME Conference, Montreal, Canada Nov 2014-Present
• Jul 2011-Jun 2012
Secretary, MECHAN ICA (College Chapter)
• Jul 2010-Jun 2011
Vice-President, MECHAN ICA (College Chapter)
• 2 Years in National Cadet Corp (NCC), I ndian Mil itary Cadet Corps Jun 2003-May 2005