641-***-**** * E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org * www.linkedin.com/in/jmarshall50158/
**** ***** ***** *** **** Forest, NC 27587
Creative and business savvy procurement professional with 20 years of progressive experience across a broad range of purchasing
functions and diverse industry segments. Proven ability to combine creativity, vision, and strong business acumen with well-developed
project management and leadership qualities to support cost reduction efforts, cost avoidance, and cost containment while successfully
implementing and utilizing ERP and MRP systems to reduce inventory levels and increase annual inventory turns resulting in positive
impacts to profitability. Areas of expertise include:
SAP Purchasing (Direct and Indirect) ERP/MRP
Strategic Sourcing Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) KAN BAN Pull Systems
Vendor Selection Lean Manufacturing JIT
Material Management High, Low and Mix Volume MFG Vendor Managed Inventory
Lean Practitioner (Green Belt)
Value Stream Mapping Negotiating
Purchasing Manager / Receiving Manager / Logistics Manager (May 2013 –Current)
KABA ILCO Corp Rocky Mount, NC
Recruited to re-build a 5-person Purchasing Department to execute all facets of procurement. Established replenishment programs such
as JIT. VMI, and KANBAN. Key contributor on a cross functional team of six in the implementation of lights out manufacturing with 3D
printers. Managed budgets from $15m to $18m.
• Manager of company’s purchase program of non-ferrous scrap and commodity. Meet or exceed all inventory, intrinsic values,
and Purchase Price Variance (PPV) goals in 2013.
• Reduction of scrap metal supply base from 18-suppliers to 5-preferred vendors and created pricing programs to protect KABA
from metal price fluctuations.
• Spearheaded a Fork Lift lease program that reduced the fleet from 23-units to 19-units, converted all units from LP to electric
power, and reduced maintenance spend by 75%.
• Built a vendor managed tool crib for the stocking and replenishment of key MRO that help reduced spend by 10% to 15%.
• Lead a team in the negotiations of company’s Less Than Truck (LTL) freight and small package freight domestic and
international programs that will reduce cost 8-10-percent in 2014.
Senior Sourcing Specialist (Feb 2006 –May 2013)
Lennox Manufacturing Marshalltown, IA
Hired to control several main commodities for Lennox Marshalltown, namely Copper Tubing, Aluminum Fin Stock, Steel (Carbon,
Galvanized, and Stainless) Coils & Blanks, Machined, Fabricated and Die Cast parts, including the purchase of raw materials,
procurement and control of tooling such as fixtures and patterns for cast parts, and sub contract services. Total annual buy over $100-
• A key contributor to the purchasing department meeting a favorable PPV goal of $1 million.
• A member of a cross functional team that worked with our steel supplier in several cost reduction projects such as down
gauging, width reduction, and coating changes that resulted $350,000 in reductions.
• Supported the Global Commodity Managers with supplier negotiation, supply chain strategies, as well as ensured compliance to
contract terms and conditions.
• Supervised vendor conversion to a Kan-Ban replenishment system for all Copper Fittings and steel stampings.
• Acted as a facilitator for departmental interaction on new projects, new vendors, and/or new business situations requiring multi-
Resume: John Marshall
Senior Buyer (Oct 2003 –Feb 2006)
Lightolier Fall River, MA
Control of several main commodities for Lightolier, namely Steel (Carbon, Galvanized, and Stainless) Coils & Blanks, Machined,
Fabricated and Die Cast parts, Decorative glass, labels, sockets, and sub contract services. Total annual buy over $30-million.
• Provide leadership for the department in areas of Cost Reduction and Continuous Improvement, resulting in 1M Dollars of
documented Cost Reductions in 2010 and 1.5M in 2011.
• Maintain Vendor Managed Inventory including working closely with suppliers to ensure 100% on time delivery.
• Negotiated supplier payment terms which saved the company approximately $100,000.
• Select, maintain, and manage a supplier base that was financially sound, technically competent, and strategically aligned.
Sales Engineer (Oct 2002 –Aug 2003)
HB Controls Fall River, MA
Responsible for the acquiring new customers, price lists, discount structures, order taking, order processing, dispatch, invoicing, full
sales process from start to finish.
Manager (Jan 1995 –Jul 2002)
Adirondack Wire and Cable Monterrey, NL Mexico
Relocated to be Purchasing Manager with the main aim of setting up, installing and running a professional Purchasing Department as
well as trying to achieve AWC strategic goals with regard to Purchasing and Stock control. At different times I was the manager of the
Customer Service Department, Engineering / Documentation Department, and Sales Department. Chosen to be Purchasing “Super User”
on SAP implementation team.
Product Designer (July 1993 –Dec 1994)
Adirondack Wire and Cable Woonsocket, RI
Hired to create and maintenance of all engineering documentation for new and existing products. Documentation such as prints, bills of
materials, routings, and engineering change notices. Provided manufacturing cost and tooling estimates for new products to Marketing to
use for quoting new and existing business.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) (June 2012)
University of Phoenix Online
Bachelor of Business Management (BSM) (Feb 2006)
University of Phoenix Greater Boson Campus Braintree, Ma
Associates of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) (June 1992)
Bristol Community College
ERP Systems = SAP (SUPER USER), Man-Mann, DBA, Glovia, Microsoft Dynamics AX.
MS Office Suite = Word, Excel, Access, Visio.
Contact Manager = Outlook, Act 6.0, Lotus Notes.
Project Management Tools = MS Project
PC, MAC, & iOS
Speak Spanish as a second language
Resume: John Marshall
Page 3 email@example.com