A licia Ward
Fayetteville, N C 28306
Jack Britt High School
Graduation Date June 2003
Miller Motte College
Billing and Coding
Expected Graduation 2015
Objective Obtain a position as a team-player in a people-oriented organization where I can maximize
my customer-service experience in a challenging environment to achieve the corporate goals
2013-current C-store, Cashier
• Providing excellent customer service
• Handling monetary transactions
• Issuing refunds for those with a receipt
• Maintaining cleanliness of workplace
2012-2013 United Management, Property Manager
• Established rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs,
depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
• Attracted tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants;
explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
• contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; collecting security deposit.
• Accomplished financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting
requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances;
initiating corrective action.
• Maintained property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of
occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations;
contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
• Maintained building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising
• Secured property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining
security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures;
responding to emergencies.
• Enforced occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
• Prepared reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Updated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading
professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in
2012-2009 RHA Health Services, Direct Service Assistant
• hygiene and behavior in facility
• Administer medication according to DMR regulations
Assist individuals engaging in daily chores
Assist in holding house meetings and informal discussion groups with peers.
Handle emergency situations appropriately, (according to MHA and DMR policies).
Utilize crisis interventions when necessary
• Provide leisure/recreational activities of individual(s) choice, increase individual’s self
initiative in leisure activities
• Attend individual and inter-agency staff meetings related to individuals.
• Attend training.
• Implement OSHA regulations
2008-2009 Personal Care Assistant (PCA), Whispering Pines
• Assisted with housekeeping duties at retirement home such as laundry, changing bed
linens, sweeping and mopping
• Assisted residents in daily task such as getting out of bed, dressing and grooming
• Gave residents social support by assisting them in participating in recreational activities
like reading, watching television and playing games
• Supplied residents with required supplements and nourishments
• Assisted residents who were unable to feed themselves
• Documented residents meal intakes
• Answered patients call lights with certain amount of time
• Full working knowledge of policy and procedures
2007-2008 Customer Service/Receptionist, JcPenny’s
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries,
complaints, and comments.
• Processed special orders
• Handled customer complaints, exchanges and refunds
• Performed cashier duties
• Scheduled customer appointments
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about
products and services, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of
• Resolve customers service or billing complaints by performing activities such as
exchanging merchandise, and refunding money
• Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers problems
2003-2007 Cashier, Wal-Mart
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers or automatic debits
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
• Providing excellent customer service
• Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct
and that there is adequate change
• Greet customers entering establishments
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
• Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission and tabulate bills using
calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners